• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Seems like she wasn't happy that they did not ask her to reprise her role. Hope this can be straightened out.
They did ask her to reprise her role, but the offering was too low.

Edit: I might retract my following statement for now. At the very least, I don't think I worded it well.

I don't think Hellena Taylor was compensated well and I feel for her, but at the same time, I don't know if calling for a boycott is the right call.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
They did ask her to reprise her role, but the offering was too low.

Edit: I might retract my following statement for now. At the very least, I don't think I worded it well.

I don't think Hellena Taylor was compensated well and I feel for her, but at the same time, I don't know if calling for a boycott is the right call.
I agree. I do want to support Hellena and agree that she deserves a good paycheck for her work but I’ve waited four years for Bayonetta 3. The first two games were some of the first I got when I bought my Switch.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Amazing that studios are still treating VA as an afterthought. Giving me flashbacks to when Bethesda shelled out a ton of money for Patrick Stewart and then had him read all of his lines in alphabetical order off a sheet of paper. If you're wondering why all the dialogue in Oblivion sounds weirdly disjointed, this is why. No context, just a bunch of sentences organized by the first letter.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I hope people who are talking about boycotting or standing up for VAs actually mean it and aren’t jumping on the bandwagon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Jennifer Hale responds:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like this is the right way to go about it.

Also, while I do think Platinum and especially Hideki Kamiya handled this situation poorly, I question as to whether this was especially bad for Bayonetta 3. Voice actors being underpaid is not a problem specific to Bayonetta 3, or Platinum games, or Nintendo, or video games, or the United States. Honestly, I feel like royalties, or sales number bonuses would serve VAs well. Furthermore, I have seen claims (some from fellow VAs) that $4000 is about the money you would expect from a union contract for a recording such as this.

Now to be absolutely transparent, I have yet to see Hellena Taylor's video in full. I am also not an expert on any of this, and of course, there could be more going on that many don't know about. I don't think this situation is great, but I wonder if this is more of an industry problem for VAs rather than something Bayonetta 3 has specifically.

Keep in mind that I am trying to keep myself open to this. I may be right, or I could be horribly wrong.
My opinion on the matter is not immune to amendments.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I feel divided about The entire Bayonetta 3 situation because I want to show some support to Hellena Taylor but then again I really liked the first two Bayonetta games and I’m not even all that interested with any type of shooter games other than Splatoon. I don’t like Call of Duty or the Tom Clancy games and for me to enjoy something like Bayonetta is pretty rare for me.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I feel divided about The entire Bayonetta 3 situation because I want to show some support to Hellena Taylor but then again I really liked the first two Bayonetta games and I’m not even all that interested with any type of shooter games other than Splatoon. I don’t like Call of Duty or the Tom Clancy games and for me to enjoy something like Bayonetta is pretty rare for me.
If the Bloomberg report is correct (which VGC corroborated on), Hellena Taylor misled her audience into thinking that she was offered a lower amount than what she was actually offered. What really sucks is that there is a conversation about how voice actors are undervalued and should be paid more, but now this fiasco has tainted the conversation.