• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
But the SNES rainbow road was already in the game…
It's okay to be wrong.

But on a more serious note, I do like the first rainbow road as far as it's simplicity goes. It can still be challenging, especially with other racers.
Reminds me when I did the course in time trials in MK7 and manage to beat the expert staff ghost, just for others to have flatten my record.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
This was posted back in Wednesday, but I only saw it today, Switch has outsold PS4. PS4 itself has also now sold 117 million.

Next threshold is Game Boy's 118.67 million units sold (this figure includes Game Boy Color, mind you), which should be achieved in next two weeks. After that, the next thresholds, Nintendo DS(154.02 million), and PS2 (158.70 million), won't be achieved until next two years

Pokemon Power

I had a feeling Bowser Jr. was coming. Of course this begs the question. Will there be more updates in 2023? Because the datamine at launch said that there was room for four more characters.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is coming out April 14, 2023.

Key details.

-You can netbattle online.
-Previously hard to obtain chips are now easy to get.
-You can digitally purchase Vol 1 and Vol 2 separately, or buy it as one physically.
-There is a small preorder bonus.

Also, they are releasing the NT Warrior Seasons 1 & 2 for free on their YouTube Channel.
I'm not a big subs over dubs guy, but the sub is the superior option for the anime.
The original soundtrack has no business being that good.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden are alluded to cost around $20 each.

Also, they both have Quick Save options, and P4G has an album option to check seen Social Link scenes.

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is coming out April 14, 2023.

Key details.

-You can netbattle online.
-Previously hard to obtain chips are now easy to get.
-You can digitally purchase Vol 1 and Vol 2 separately, or buy it as one physically.
-There is a small preorder bonus.

Also, they are releasing the NT Warrior Seasons 1 & 2 for free on their YouTube Channel.
I'm not a big subs over dubs guy, but the sub is the superior option for the anime.
The original soundtrack has no business being that good.
As an added note, they had to rewrite all games from the ground up since they're all directly based from the Japanese versions (take notes on your 30fps ToS "remaster," Bandai Namco). Also, for MMBN6, they fixed the part about the tense music stuck on a loop on the overworld after clearing the game and choosing Continue.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So apparently, some ransom attacks have been happening on Nintendo servers.

3DS and Switch games have been largely patched to prevent such issues, but Wii U games have not.
Splatoon 1 might have a vulnerability problem since it falls in the latter camp.
Essentially speaking, people can hijack your console and possibly steal sensitive information (like credit card info).

Additional info: https://github.com/PabloMK7/ENLBufferPwn

Note that this is sort of a developing story. I'm also not guaranteeing the authenticity of the report, but it seems valid.
Either way, I would be careful and keep an ear out for a bit.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yikes, that's not good.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Keep in mind that there are many key titles that have already been updated to prevent this.

I just wanted to give a word of caution.

Pokemon Power

I'm glad I got the update for MK7 on 3DS, and updated all my Switch games on Christmas Eve. I sold off the original Wii U version of Mario Kart 8 a little while ago, and I don't have Splatoon 1.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don’t have a Wii U and it is the only Nintendo console other than the Virtual Boy that I’ve never played once. I just didn’t want to spend so much money just for the few games that did interest me. This is why I also never bought the XBox One or PS4 despite being interested in a few exclusives on both platforms.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don’t have a Wii U and it is the only Nintendo console other than the Virtual Boy that I’ve never played once. I just didn’t want to spend so much money just for the few games that did interest me. This is why I also never bought the XBox One or PS4 despite being interested in a few exclusives on both platforms.

Yeah, same. I was waiting for the Wii U to get some of the bigger, more open area exploration games like a sandbox Mario or Metroid Prime 4 (and I was real excited when Iwata teased a new 3D Mario and a beloved IP by Retro Studios thinking those two were coming only for it to be 3D World and Tropical Freeze. Probably shouldn't have made that teaser, really got people's hopes up too much). The Wii U really didn't have much in the way of those types of experiences. Mario just had a 3D Land sequel and nothing that remotely resembled 64, Sunshine, or even Galaxy. Zelda kept getting delayed until it was cross gen and otherwise just relied on remasters. And Metroid was absent completely on the Wii U. All that we got in terms of those types of larger, explorable games were 2 Zelda remasters and Xenoblade Chronicles X (and a handful of third party games). Easy skip for me, and this might be a somewhat bold take but I think the lack of those kinds of experiences was a factor in why the Wii U didn't sell period (probably not the biggest factor, but it sure didn't help its case). When the Microsoft and Sony were getting Skyrim and similar open world games, the Wii U didn't even have much remotely resembling the likes of 64 and OoT which probably added to the narrative of "Wii U can't play big boy games" in people's minds. The Switch, on the other hand, rectified this and rectified this immediately with BotW and Odyssey in its first year and sold massive numbers at launch. And I don't think that's a coincidence, I think games like BotW and Odyssey do a much better job at selling the console experience than the likes of NSMBU, 3D World, or Tropical Freeze.

Pokemon Power

So, what unannounced games and DLC do you guys think we'll get in 2023? Me, in terms of games, I think we'll be getting a new Mario Baseball title in the early half, following on from Strikers Battle League, Golf Super Rush and Tennis Aces. Plus, hopefully we'll get something along the lines of a sequel to Super Mario Odyssey, the game's been out for over five years, and I think a follow-up would be exciting. In terms of ports, I think bringing the original Detective Pikachu from 3DS over would be a good way to promote the upcoming sequel, and Star Fox Zero could use another shot, as long as they manage to re-work the controls. And if they're planning to add any new system libraries for Switch Online and/or the Expansion Pack, 2023 would probably be a good time to do it, I'm betting with the closure of the 3DS and Wii U eShops that we'll get Game Boy and GB Color for the the regular subscription and GB Advance and Sega Game Gear for the Expansion Pack. Finally, for DLC, I think it's obvious that Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, as well as Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will get some.

Captain Jigglypuff

So, what unannounced games and DLC do you guys think we'll get in 2023? Me, in terms of games, I think we'll be getting a new Mario Baseball title in the early half, following on from Strikers Battle League, Golf Super Rush and Tennis Aces. Plus, hopefully we'll get something along the lines of a sequel to Super Mario Odyssey, the game's been out for over five years, and I think a follow-up would be exciting. In terms of ports, I think bringing the original Detective Pikachu from 3DS over would be a good way to promote the upcoming sequel, and Star Fox Zero could use another shot, as long as they manage to re-work the controls. And if they're planning to add any new system libraries for Switch Online and/or the Expansion Pack, 2023 would probably be a good time to do it, I'm betting with the closure of the 3DS and Wii U eShops that we'll get Game Boy and GB Color for the the regular subscription and GB Advance and Sega Game Gear for the Expansion Pack. Finally, for DLC, I think it's obvious that Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, as well as Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will get some.
I’m hoping we get the Wind Waker HD as it is the only main series Zelda game I Have never played before and I really want to play it but I wasn’t going to spend nearly $300 on both a Wii U and the game and not buy more games for the system other than Twilight Princess and Splatoon a couple years later and maybe Paper Mario Color Splash.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
SV DLC is essentially locked. And I like to think we're gonna get another Fire Emblem title set for late 2023 cause why not :d

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I just... I just don't even know anymore. It feels like we've been through the same song and dance since the pandemic began continually asking for the same games to get announced and they just don't and mainly announce niche IPs that only satisfy smaller fanbases. I don't even know anymore. Something's been up with them and I think it's more than just the pandemic because the bulk of the problems with the pandemic are over now. As far as what I want them to announce, I've been waiting for Mario Odyssey 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy for 3 years and keep getting crickets on those games. It also feels like we're overdue for at least the re-reveal of Metroid Prime 4 if not the release this year, it's been 4 years since the restart and they should have something to show by now. There was also rumors about DK for the 40th anniversary way back in 2021 and there's been too much smoke for there to be no fire, what the hell happened to this game? I'm just sick of constantly waiting for these games to happen and then nothing (hell, one of my wishes even got deconfirmed in a new Mario Kart game. Nope, we just get lazy, cash grabby Tour ports that everyone fawns over because who cares about quality when we've got quantity and now we have to wait God knows how long for next gen to get the next new entry in OVER A DECADE!). Sick of all of the Youtubers saying "Oh yeah, X year is going to be the new 2017" and it doesn't even come close. I'm just too mentally exhausted waiting for Nintendo to actually bring back some of their biggest franchises to try and get excited for games that Nintendo hasn't confirmed yet.

SV DLC is essentially locked. And I like to think we're gonna get another Fire Emblem title set for late 2023 cause why not :d

Please God no. Fire Emblem gets too much attention and it already has 2 main series entries and 2 Warriors games. Now you want a 5th game? I wish Metroid got the same undeserved support as Fire Emblem, because it sells about the same and yet everyone acts like games like Awakening and Three Houses had a MK8D-esque sales explosion. No game in Fire Emblem has yet to crack 5 million in sales, with Three Houses is closest at 3.82 million and it's probably not getting much more). There are 20 games that have doubled Three Houses' number on the Switch. Fire Emblem isn't in the same league as IPs like Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon in terms of sales yet it gets the same amount of games as those games get. Give Fire Emblem a break. There are other IPs that deserve another game, several of which have sold better.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

I too would rather see either a new IP series or even a surprise new entry for another like F-Zero than see another Fire Emblem be announced and released. I get that it has its fans and perhaps the games are good but they aren’t what I typically play. I tried to play the one on the GBA (Sacred Stones I think is what it’s called?) and I just couldn’t get into it at all. We need something for Metroid Prime 4 given we only got the announcement and nothing else.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I just... I just don't even know anymore. It feels like we've been through the same song and dance since the pandemic began continually asking for the same games to get announced and they just don't and mainly announce niche IPs that only satisfy smaller fanbases. I don't even know anymore. Something's been up with them and I think it's more than just the pandemic because the bulk of the problems with the pandemic are over now. As far as what I want them to announce, I've been waiting for Mario Odyssey 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy for 3 years and keep getting crickets on those games. It also feels like we're overdue for at least the re-reveal of Metroid Prime 4 if not the release this year, it's been 4 years since the restart and they should have something to show by now. There was also rumors about DK for the 40th anniversary way back in 2021 and there's been too much smoke for there to be no fire, what the hell happened to this game? I'm just sick of constantly waiting for these games to happen and then nothing (hell, one of my wishes even got deconfirmed in a new Mario Kart game. Nope, we just get lazy, cash grabby Tour ports that everyone fawns over because who cares about quality when we've got quantity and now we have to wait God knows how long for next gen to get the next new entry in OVER A DECADE!). Sick of all of the Youtubers saying "Oh yeah, X year is going to be the new 2017" and it doesn't even come close. I'm just too mentally exhausted waiting for Nintendo to actually bring back some of their biggest franchises to try and get excited for games that Nintendo hasn't confirmed yet.

Please God no. Fire Emblem gets too much attention and it already has 2 main series entries and 2 Warriors games. Now you want a 5th game? I wish Metroid got the same undeserved support as Fire Emblem, because it sells about the same and yet everyone acts like games like Awakening and Three Houses had a MK8D-esque sales explosion. No game in Fire Emblem has yet to crack 5 million in sales, with Three Houses is closest at 3.82 million and it's probably not getting much more). There are 20 games that have doubled Three Houses' number on the Switch. Fire Emblem isn't in the same league as IPs like Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon in terms of sales yet it gets the same amount of games as those games get. Give Fire Emblem a break. There are other IPs that deserve another game, several of which have sold better.
Ah yes the whole “I don’t like this franchise so it doesn’t deserve stuff but I like this franchise so it deserves things!”

Besides, in Three Houses’ defense, it inevitably cracking 4 million is actually huge for the genre it is in. FE isn’t on Mario or Kirby’s level but it still makes a lot of money! (never mind their mobile game is still going strong about six years later which is rare for a gacha)

And don’t worry about Metroid especially Dread giving a resurgence! Whereas

Star Fox: Wait you guys are getting games?