• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Now that we know GB, GBC and GBA games are on Switch Online, I think it's time to ask. Will they, or won't they add the mainline Pokemon games of the first three generations? And if they do, can we bring Pokemon caught in those titles over to Pokemon Home? Will they implement N64 Transfer Pak compatibility to compatible titles, so you can connect your data from the GB and GBC games with games like Mario Golf 64, Mario Tennis 64, and Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2?
An announcement for Switch ports of Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3 will most likely be on Pokemon Day later this month.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
That is, if they’ll even come at all.
Given how expensive R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E/FRLG are on Ebay and Amazon, the 3DS Eshop closing in roughly a month and how Nintendo hates illegal emulators, I fully expect that there’ll be an announcement for Switch ports of those games on Pokemon Day.

Unless you’re playing Pokemon Go, there’s no other way to currently hunt for a shiny Mew, shiny Celebi, shiny Jirachi or shiny Deoxys on the Switch.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Given how expensive R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E/FRLG are on Ebay and Amazon, the 3DS Eshop closing in roughly a month and how Nintendo hates illegal emulators, I fully expect that there’ll be an announcement for Switch ports of those games on Pokemon Day.
I think that GF would want to do them as a separate thing entirely and/or make remakes rather than being part of NSO.

Pokemon Power

I think that GF would want to do them as a separate thing entirely and/or make remakes rather than being part of NSO.
If that were the case, then maybe they could release them as a compilation title, divided into three different versions for good measure. Just think, one version could have Red, Gold, Ruby and FireRed, and another could have Blue, Silver, Sapphire and LeafGreen, with a third version releasing later that would include Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and if we're lucky, the Japanese exclusive Green.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If that were the case, then maybe they could release them as a compilation title, divided into three different versions for good measure. Just think, one version could have Red, Gold, Ruby and FireRed, and another could have Blue, Silver, Sapphire and LeafGreen, with a third version releasing later that would include Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and if we're lucky, the Japanese exclusive Green.
Japanese Green = International Blue

It's really Japanese Blue we never got.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Feels like the Switch's lineup is starting to wrap up and next gen is around the corner. No new 1st party games announced except the shadow drop of Metroid Prime Remastered is very telling, if they were planning on keeping the Switch around for much longer, we'd probably have something announced for further in the future. As is it feels like 2023 is going to be a Wii U-esque drought so they can have a 2017-esque launch year in 2024 for next gen. Now that's not to say the Switch won't get anything again ever, but it does seem like the Switch's lineup is petering out and most of what we get next is going to be next gen or at least cross gen. I'd be shocked if we get to the end of the year and we don't have at least a tease of next gen hardware.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Commented this elsewhere but I think we might have a potential reason why TOTK is 70$,

The game seems to be using a 32 GB cartridge instead of the usual 16 GB due to the game being 18.2 GB, that difference alone might have been the factor for the higher than usual price for a switch game.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Commented this elsewhere but I think we might have a potential reason why TOTK is 70$,

The game seems to be using a 32 GB cartridge instead of the usual 16 GB due to the game being 18.2 GB, that difference alone might have been the factor for the higher than usual price for a switch game.
I figured the sequel would be much larger in size because it looks like we essentially have to explore two different large scale maps this time around. There is the surface map and then the world in the sky. There is no way that the sky map is going to be small and isolated in only one half of the surface world’s map.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I highly doubt we’re ever getting another Super Smash Brothers game, especially not after SSB Ultimate and the recent Nintendo Direct.

For me, Ultimate usually means the end or standing at the top.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

I highly doubt we’re ever getting another Super Smash Brothers game, especially not after SSB Ultimate and the recent Nintendo Direct.

For me, Ultimate usually means the end or standing at the top.
I think this topic would be more fitting for the Smash thread. To me, I think Ultimate is the end for Mr. Sakurai's run on the series. That doesn't mean the franchise can't continue without him.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think this topic would be more fitting for the Smash thread. To me, I think Ultimate is the end for Mr. Sakurai's run on the series. That doesn't mean the franchise can't continue without him.
I agree. There is still a lot of potential for the series and it isn’t like the series’ popularity is dying down and game sales are rapidly declining with each new entry.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Calling the Tales of Symphonia remaster a remaster would be a big lie.

The cons:
The aforementioned 30fps.
MISSING DIALOGUE (the PS3 version also had missing dialogue, which remained missing for the next remaster).
The HD models look off because the hard lines are inconsistent.
Longer loading times for field exploration.
The game dislikes lowercase w.
Battle transitions are either hard cuts from field exploration or...just outright sudden during cutscenes (reminds me of the FFIX port with its FLASH battle transitions).
Seeing skits makes the whole background go black.

It's like Symphonia has this misfortune of getting downgraded with every passing remaster it goes through.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
It’s just a matter of how and when, but Nintendo already has all of the major assets in place so they could easily put all of the NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC and GBA games in addition to the GC games on their next console.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

You know, I'm starting to wonder why Nintendo is holding off on some potential reveals that many people wanna see. In the February Direct, a lot of us were expecting a new Mario Baseball, we got nothing on that front. And again during today's Pokemon Presents, a lot of us were hoping for them to re-release the Gen. 1 through 3 mainline games on the Switch in some form, again, we got nothing on that. Don't get me wrong, what we got in those livestreams was great.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You know, I'm starting to wonder why Nintendo is holding off on some potential reveals that many people wanna see. In the February Direct, a lot of us were expecting a new Mario Baseball, we got nothing on that front. And again during today's Pokemon Presents, a lot of us were hoping for them to re-release the Gen. 1 through 3 mainline games on the Switch in some form, again, we got nothing on that. Don't get me wrong, what we got in those livestreams was great.

I think there's two different things going on here. First as far as the lack of Nintendo IPs, I suspect development has shifted to the next gen console and we'll be moving on from the Switch soon (I predict next year is when the new console will launch, but it could also be 2025). So we're not seeing many games because most of Nintendo's studios are working on next gen launch titles. This is almost certainly the case with the Mario Kart team and Mario team in particular, which haven't really done much since 2017, it feels time for new entries in those IPs but those IPs would have more impact early in the next console's life than late in the Switch's life. But beyond that there's a couple of other rumored games and games that feel like they might have something to show simply due to the amount of time since the last entry (DK, Yoshi, Luigi's Mansion, 2D Zelda) and yet we have nothing but DLC confirmed for after Pikmin 4, so again this is all probably being held for next gen. As for Baseball specifically, I'm not sure it exists, it might be a bit soon for it since we had Mario Golf: Super Rush in 2021 and Next Level Games releasing Mario Strikers: Battle League just last year, so I'm not sure they really have something for this year. They might be working on the next gen Mario Tennis game.

As far as the lack of NSO, I think it's because they want to add Home support and that might be delaying things. Pokemon fans get very upset when they can't transfer their Pokemon to newer games (see: the lack of connectivity between Gens 2 and 3, Dexit), so they're going to want a way for players to transfer Pokemon from the NSO titles to Home (and a way to transfer them from the GB games to the Stadium games). It's possible they're running into troubles getting NSO to work with Home so they're not ready to confirm the main games are coming.