• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch on 1440p Monitor and Beyond?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm considering to change my current monitor and planning to go for 27" 1440p (2K). However, I have tons of mixed opinions in YT and Reddit whether it would look sharp or not.

Are any of you using yours in said resolution? I'd appreciate extra feedback from Curved monitor users. I have to know how well new technology monitors upscale games like Sword and Shield before I purchase, so I won't be disappointed.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm considering to change my current monitor and planning to go for 27" 1440p (2K). However, I have tons of mixed opinions in YT and Reddit whether it would look sharp or not.

Are any of you using yours in said resolution? I'd appreciate extra feedback from Curved monitor users. I have to know how well new technology monitors upscale games like Sword and Shield before I purchase, so I won't be disappointed.

It would not look sharp. The Switch can only output at 1080p, so it would stretch to fit a 1440p, and especially with a monitor it's very easy to notice since you're sitting quite close to it (presumably). If your primary use-case for this monitor is playing your Switch docked, then stick with 1080p.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'd have to agree with Hydrohs here. First, 1080p doesn't upscale to 1440p without some compromises, be it image quality or additional delay. Second, while some Switch games are 1080p, most aren't, alot of the time the game/system performs an upscale to 1080p, and if your Monitor then upscales again, chances are a somewhat decent image probably has turned in to mush.

1440p for a PC monitor is often great, as 90% of the time you'll be seeing a Native 1440p image, assuming your PC can support 1440p. (One of my PCs can, while slightly newer laptop can not.)

shivaa

I thought I had an issue with my PC when seeing 1440p, but now I understand a bit better, thank you