• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo WFC problems

CliveKoopa

Okay I managed to get my WiFi set up, which works flawlessly. But my problem is that I can't connect to it on either my 3DS or the Wii. The funny thing is I can still connect to the internet on the 3DS and have managed to obtain my 3DS code but it won't let me connect through the games itself so I am unable to get any of my friend codes.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? :/

BCVM22

Best guess is you're trying to connect with older DS software, which is only capable of connecting using the less secure connections regardless of which model of DS you're using.

That doesn't account for the Wii issues though.

BCVM22

The Generation V games can connect to the more secure connections. Generation IV titles cannot.

What I used to do when I was playing software that was limited as such on hardware that was equally limited was to simply disable the security on my router entirely for a brief time on the rare occasions where I wanted to take my game online, and re-enable it when I was done. This may not be as viable a solution for you as it was for me if you intend to play online frequently, but it did work for what I needed.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I'm not sure about this, but perhaps gen 5 games assume DSPh/DS Lite settings when inside 3DS, due to the 3ds possibly only looking at the setup screen as it appears on DSPh/DS Lite when in "DS Mode", meaning no WPA connectivity possible there(?), but if you try connecting to any compatible WPA on DSi/DS XL, rather than 3DS, then perhaps WPA will work w/ Gen 5...

As for Wii, are you using WPA2-PSK(TKIP)? Perhaps some other WPA security mode like WPA1-PSK(TKIP), or even WPA(1 or 2)-PSK(AES) will work better w/ Wii, although WPA is more designed for business settings rather than for gaming, so you could always try WEP...

Last edited:

BCVM22

Uh, no. No, Generation V games don't "assume" anything when being played on a 3DS. Playing it on a DSi/XL shouldn't change anything.

Is it necessary to post a paragraph of guesswork on hardware we know pretty well at this stage?