• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo (Wifi) has Screwed me over!

I have spent a day looking for a location they gave me for Nintendo Wifi, and the place DOESNT EVEN EXIST!

It lead us around in a circle, and it turns out the shop they listed doesnt even exist, or never has. And none of the other Wifi Points would connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi! I can't find ANYWHERE that even connects to Wi-Fi....

U

Uchiha Obito

did you go to a wayport location, like McDonalds?
If you did and it is not working get a router, or NINTENDO usb CONNECTOR.

Tis not as simple as that. My pc sucks, and I don't have the money to get a new one. I am 16, but can't get a job due to the fact that people will not accept a 16-year-old still in school. Kinda annoying, im old enough to get a proper job, but no-one will accept me. Life sucks.

And in the Uk, we don't have the wayport locations just yet. Would be nice to walk into Mc Donalds and be able to Mario Kart Ds Wi-Fi. ^_^

Btw: The locations I got were from the Nintendo site.

U

Uchiha Obito

Punk-Dude-Danny said:
Tis not as simple as that. My pc sucks, and I don't have the money to get a new one. I am 16, but can't get a job due to the fact that people will not accept a 16-year-old still in school. Kinda annoying, im old enough to get a proper job, but no-one will accept me. Life sucks.

And in the Uk, we don't have the wayport locations just yet. Would be nice to walk into Mc Donalds and be able to Mario Kart Ds Wi-Fi. ^_^

Btw: The locations I got were from the Nintendo site.

sorry my mistake?! He He, did not know you lived in the UK!?
Well i dont think wi-fi is in Uk yet, is it?

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Their site cant be 100% correct but there are tons of stores on there that probably have it. Next time call them first before you drive all that way for nothing...

~Scott;229;

Bulk

I'd say get a dongle, but then if your straped for cash... just ring like MidnightScott said, saves you a hell of a lot of time.

EDIT: Dongle = Nintendo USB Connector, forgot I was using slang for a minute

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Well i am not lucky enough to be able to afford a MKDS, I will probably have to wait until after christmas, with all of the presents and all.

BTW, how do you go about buying a Doggle in the UK? Do they sell them in the shops?

Chris

Old Coot
The UK being screwed over in the video game industry?! THIS CANNOT BE!

Seriously, this isn't a suprise that info like that for the UK wouldn't be accurate. ¬¬; Just get a wireless router or the USB dongle.

Powerage

Flannigan's Ball
Alyssa Picariello said:
Linksys WRT54G is a good and reliable router. I have been using it over 2 years..

and it's compatable with nintendo wi-fi

Indeed. I just bought that router a bout a week ago. No complaints.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
The whole of inner London's a giant hotspot, nobody protects their connections, I just wandered around everywhere with my PSP, and later DS. It's just about everywhere

Fox

Where's my fanfare?
You don't need to check Nintendo to see where the hotspots are, just so long as there's a wireless hotspot that doesn't require login/password/pay, you'll be fine. You'd be surprised where you can go to play.

snorlax4eva

Hive Trainer
The only place you can get the Ninendo Wifi USB Connector is on the nintendo store website or maybe nintendo world.... in New York. But, since your in the UK I suggest to just wait until you can get a router.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
Play seem to have run out of adaptors but they will apparently have more before Christmas, and it will probably appear on the Stars catalogue on the Nintendo Europe website sometime

Bulk

I'm sure Ebay or Amazon must have a dongle, they sell everything.

MaskedManAbsolkid

We do have Wi-Fi. You just probably haven't got the USB connector. Doesn't matter which computer it is. Wi-Fi came out the day Mario kart DS came out.