• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo wifi + mac airport internet sharing help

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
OK so I need some help getting this set up. Since I cannot get my DS lite connected at home this summer (as opposed to at college), I recently found out that you can share an ethernet connection from my macbook pro via airport. Ive tried to set this up and the network was there for a little while, but when I tried to connect I got an error message where apparently I couldnt get an IP address. the nintendo support site wasnt very helpful. and when I tried network sharing again it wouldnt set up properly. Has anyone managed to connect their DS this way?

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
last night I managed to find a guide on how to specifically do it. thanks though

BTW: Im not using my router to connect my DS, Im using my mac's own wireless

Aquanova

wait, you can connect your DS to wi-fi using Mac AirPort? this is news to me. But wouldnt you already need a wi-fi connection in order to do this? Im afraid i dont understand.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
wait, you can connect your DS to wi-fi using Mac AirPort? this is news to me. But wouldnt you already need a wi-fi connection in order to do this? Im afraid i dont understand.

macs are capable of sharing an internet connection through wifi, but you need an alternate internet source (ie ethernet). instead of receiving a network, you send out one basically

Aquanova

macs are capable of sharing an internet connection through wifi, but you need an alternate internet source (ie ethernet). instead of receiving a network, you send out one basically

I dont understand how that works but ok. I dont need it anyway, I have a compatable wireless connection. Its just interesting that you could do that if you wanted/needed to.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
yea I could connect my DS on my colleges network but not at home. so Im going to try this so I can keep up my dreamworld, GTS and stuff until late august when I go back because it seems to be the best thing to try that doesnt involve buying something. I found out I have to use terminal to find the IP address. Ill let yall know if it works

achilles90