• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Wii... now in Black.

Cobalt_Latios

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how smart it was to go from the EB Games website...

Long story short: went to the EB Games website to check up on some things, then I find out the Wii is going to have an awesome bundle in Black or White.

I'm excited... but, at the same time, annoyed. I'm perfectly happy with my current Wii, but... the Black one is so tempting.

Maybe I'll just settle for a black controller.

C_L

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
The black Wii does look cool, but I already have a white one. I'm gonna buy the controllers instead too.

~PikaPi

Thriller

Its almost time
Why do they constantly do things like this?

Coloring the system is okay, but why couldn't they just do this from the start? Corruption.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I got 2 Wiis in my house (me and my bro couldn't share) and 4 Wii motes in the house.

BCVM22

Coloring the system is okay, but why couldn't they just do this from the start?

To give retailers incentive to stock units nearly four years after the system's launch and give people who have not yet purchased a Wii new incentive to do so. Simple economics. After seeing them release the Game Boy, the Game Boy Pocket, the Game Boy Color, the Game Boy Advance SP, the N64 and the GameCube in different colors some years after their respective launches, one really divests themself of any right to be surprised and/or complain about them doing it for the Wii.

Corruption.

Not quite. Good effort though.

I think the real question here is the one that asks why you are often so bothered by things that have no effect on you. They release games digitally that you can't even say take up shelf space in stores, you complain because they're all "shovelware". They release hardware later on in life in new colors, hardware you're under no obligation to buy, you complain because it's "corrupt". I'm legitimately curious - why?

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
Regarding WiiWare, already knowing any non 1st Party (and in some cases, 2nd Party) games that come on disc are shovelware (everyone knows this too, no denying), it's only logical the same applies to WiiWare.

But as for the Black Wii, you say it has no effect on me? I've wanted a Black Wii since the start! Why did they wait almost four years, when it's likely the next gen console gets released for Holiday 2011, to finally colorize the thing?

I mean, its been the top seller of the three systems this generation since it was released, surely it was financially viable to make more variety earlier.

BCVM22

Regarding WiiWare, already knowing any non 1st Party (and in some cases, 2nd Party) games that come on disc are shovelware (everyone knows this too, no denying), it's only logical the same applies to WiiWare.

Not true at all, but that's neither here nor there.

But as for the Black Wii, you say it has no effect on me? I've wanted a Black Wii since the start! Why did they wait almost four years, when it's likely the next gen console gets released for Holiday 2011, to finally colorize the thing?

We just explained this: the point of releasing systems in new colors is to bolster sales. Why expend such a measure when the sales don't need bolstering?

I mean, its been the top seller of the three systems this generation since it was released, surely it was financially viable to make more variety earlier.

No, that's the point. Again, why introduce what is meant as a sales booster when the sales are still through the roof? It's the age-old adage of "don't fire the magic bullet until you need it."

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Still hoping for a special edition pokemon one.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Why do they constantly do things like this?

Coloring the system is okay, but why couldn't they just do this from the start? Corruption.

You could just buy the black shell off of eBay once it comes out, and then replace yours with it when it comes in. All for about $20.

Also, Wii sales have finally slowed that they're now doing this? Sweet.

James62

Rangers lead the way
I am very used to a white Wii, it's weird to see one in black. I think that the white Wii just looks better.

Wat.
Funfacts:
-With this, the PS3 is the only console with no avaible white version this generation
-Also with this, the PS3 and the DSiXL are the only two consoles not avaible in white this generation

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Funfacts:
-With this, the PS3 is the only console with no avaible white version this generation
-Also with this, the PS3 and the DSiXL are the only two consoles not avaible in white this generation

... They were before... This is a new black colour, not a new white one.

R_N

You could just buy the black shell off of eBay once it comes out, and then replace yours with it when it comes in. All for about $20.

Also, Wii sales have finally slowed that they're now doing this? Sweet.

NoJ went one step further, packaging the Black wii with MHTri

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I would love to have the black Wii, since I like the color black but I already got a Wii, no point in just switching (Btw 200$ really? Wow I brought mine for 400 I think but the sales have gone down now)