• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No Boundaries: Pokemon x Pokemon Shippings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Okay, I'll put in my other shipping now. I would like to nominate 99Shipping (Arcanine x Ninetales). The pairing seems like a good match as they share many similarities. Not to mention the pairing of the more physical Arcanine and the mentally manipulative Ninetales.

Vycksta

@ Raine: Yes, but in a good way of course.

Both nominations down. Arcaines's getting a bit of love here. I find that rather good.

Nominations for Face-Off
1) Deceitshipping (( Sneasel x Misdreavus ))
2) Frostfireshipping (( Articuno x Moltres ))
3) Peltshipping (( Arcanine x Persian ))
4) Latentshipping (( Absol x Eevee ))
5) Feudshipping (( Zangoose x Seviper ))
6) Legendaryshipping (( Lugia x Ho-Oh ))
7) Tickleshipping (( Skitty x Eevee ))
8) Guildshipping (( Wigglytuff x Chatot ))
9) NorthernLightsshipping (( Espeon x Suicune ))
10) 99shipping (( Arcanine x Ninetales ))

6 more!

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Well, I was going to suggest another Eeveelution ship, but I think that we've got enough of those already. Although I wouldn't mind more.

Speaking of which, I've almost finished that LatentShipping pic I brought up a while ago. The only problem is that I have absolutely no red coloring pencils in my house, so I need to get some. Then I could work on some other pics.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Think I'll put in my Mightyena ship now then :3 the self named DarktailsShipping (Mightyena x Ninetales). Like I've said already really, a wolf and a kitsune with a sort of Ying/Yang or Light/Darkness vibe to them. They seem to balance each other out as Ninetales is quite graceful and regal in appearance while Mightyena is rougher and more wild.

Vycksta

@ PokemonHero: Be sure to link us to it when you're done! I don't mind seeing new fanart at all.

@ Ambri: Second nomination noted!

Nominations for Face-Off
11) Darktailsshipping (( Mightyena x Ninetales ))

5 more!

Bryony

/laughing
What's your favourite Mightyena ship?
Evanjishipping, no questions. It was all the confusion over these two being parallels to each other that got me interested. Both Pokemon are also my favourites and in one of my fics Brendan has a Mightyena and May, a Linoone.

Also you have rough, protective Mightyena against flighty, skittish Linoone. I like that.

Which is why I am nominating Evanjishipping for this face-off. My second shipping will be Snowstormshipping, JolteonxGlaceon. They are my favourite Eeveelutions and a bit of Evanjishipping plays here with rough, protective, speedy Jolteon against sleek, elegant, careful Glaceon. And you cannot have too many Eeveelutions!

Vycksta

Bryonycake, you are just as predictable as Rainebutt. Both are added. :>

Nominations for Face-Off
12) Evanjishipping (( Mightyena x Linoone ))
13) Snowstormshipping (( Jolteon x Glaceon ))

3 more!

ArcanineOod

Peace, perfect peace
Hey! I'm not here to nominate a ship (as I've already nominated two), but last night I was writing some GuildShipping fanfiction and remembered something I read a while ago:

According to the Pokedex, Wigglytuff's fur feels so wonderful that if two Wigglytuff hug, they will never want to let go. Wigglytuff x Wigglytuff, anyone? I reckon that would be absolutely adorable. =3

I was wondering what other people ship Wigglytuff with.
xX

junpearl63

their rooms
I nominated HourGlassshipping (Dialga x Celebi) and I don't remember the name of Pikachu x Eevee, but I'm so gonna nominate that one :D

Vycksta

May as well make ArcanineOod's question into a little topic!

Do you ship Wigglytuff? If so with who and why?
TBTH? No, as the whole line have never been standout Pokemon for me. Yet I have been noticing Guildshipping as of late and yeah, it has basis. Chatot's determination to get Wigglytuff's perfect apples and all...

@ junpearl63: Your ships are in, but can you give a reason as to why you nominated them?

Nominations for Face-Off
12) Evanjishipping (( Mightyena x Linoone ))
13) Snowstormshipping (( Jolteon x Glaceon ))
14) Hourglassshipping (( Dialga x Celebi ))
15) Revivalshipping (( Pikachu x Eevee ))

Just 1 more!

junpearl63

their rooms
I just thought, Dialga was a time control Pokemon, and Celebi is a time travel Pokemon. Well, they both have something to do with time :p And I say that's destiny. Well, Pikachu and Eevee just came from my obession with Palletshipping I guess. They're both starters from Pokemon Yellow, although you can only choose Pikachu.

Uhm, one more? May I nominated Creationshipping then? It's Arceus and Mew. Arcoding to the Pokedex, Mew posessed all the Pokemon DNA, that's mean it created Pokemon, while Arceus is the God, it makes them like Adam and Eve :p

Vycksta

Sadly I can't take Creationshipping as you've already nominated two. The "just 1 more" was a generic comment. xD;;;

junpearl63

their rooms
Well, then, we will just wait for another member to nominate another ship.

What's your opinion about genderless Pokemon ships?

Uhm, I've been thinking about the topic. Pokemon like Magnezone, or Metagross, like the others, they're Pokemon. I do believe they have mind like a normal one, and they deserve better mate than Ditto (no ofense). An example of a genderless pokemon ship, would be Porygon-Z x Porygon 2. It's one of my favorite Pokemon ship actually. And, as the thread's title said it all, 'No boundaries', yes?

steel-rain

meet me in the rain

Same as any other Pokémon ship, really. They're still Pokémon, they just don't have a known gender. One of my favourite ships is AmphichiralShipping, Rotom x Castform x Unown and that has two genderless Pokémon in!

I like SteelRainShipping (Metagross x Milotic, too, as well as several other Rotom and Unown shippings. Oh, and legendary ships, too, they're technically genderless.

I tend to see them being either one gender or the other- for example, I just can't see Zapdos as being female, its so strongly male to me- so the lack of gender makes no difference to me.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~

Guildshipping for me! :D Since playing Mystery Dungeon I can't help but notice how Chatot always tries to make Wigglytuff as happy as possible, and he must be his second in command for a reason...

Well, like steel-rain said, they're only genderless because their gender is unknown...right? Legendaries are shown genderless, but I like to think they have genders too. I ship RaikouxMoltres, and Raikou is male while Moltres is female. With legendaries I don't see them as one of a kind, so like to think of there being both males and females for each one though.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Dethklokshipping for that last slot, Vycksta plz. :3?

I didn't, but the Mystery Dungeon games made me very fond of Guildshipping, and Wiggly x w/e Main character...however, that main has to be gay, because I found Wiggly EXTREMELY flamboyant. XD Loved it...reminded me of Harley. 8D

I don't consider the games in any way when I ship, and the fact that legendaries are genderless is that people don't breed them to have super babies. Otherwise, I think the anime puts it out there that they are living things too, and that there are multiples of them and that they have offspring (baby Lugia, multiple Suicunes, Articunos, Zapdos', etc.) So, I ship Dethklok thinking that Gira is female and Dialga is male...makes no difference to me that the games say they aren't.

Last edited:

Vycksta

Thanks for the nomination Ama! Now we can get cracking on the face-off!

Now guise, it's the same as the abandoned one of last year; vote for the ship you prefer and the first to reach a certain number progresses to the next round. It's the first to 10 in the first round, first to 15 in the quarter finals, 20 in the semis and 25 in the final. Now just bear in mind these few things as well;

1) When voting for the first time on a new round always give a reason as to why you voted for the ship; just a sentence will be fine!

2) You can vote once per day, depending on your timezone.

3) Please keep things alive! By that I mean don't comment here just to give your vote. Join in the discussion, create a new topic, post fanart or something etc etc etc. What we have normally been doing here for the past three and a bit years!

4) Don't whinge if your ship loses. This is only a bit of fun after all.

Okay, with that under way let's get things cracking!

Hourglassshipping (( Dialga x Celebi )) vs. Feudshipping (( Zangoose x Seviper ))

Going with the latter here. I'm a total sucker for a rivalry ship if done right and Feudshipping yes, is done perfectly.

Hourglassshipping: 0
Feudshipping: 1

*shall answer junpearl63's awesome topic next post*

ArcanineOod

Peace, perfect peace
Ditto x Everyone
I had forgotten about the legendaries until someone mentioned them.
Thing is, my favourite Legend ship was born from PMD, in which Cresselia and Darkrai's genders were made quite clear. In any case, I ship Darkrai x Cresselia. I can't think of any other genderless ships at the moment...

I don't really support HourglassShipping or FeudShipping, but much like Vycksta, I rather like rivalry ships and I guess it might be good.

My vote goes to FeudShipping. =3

xX

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Naturally, I'll vote for Feudshipping :3 Zangoose and Seviper need more love as it is and the rivalry of the two makes it that much better for shipping.

Seeing as I'm going into it, I thought I'd post a link to a pretty good (and one of the only ones there is) Feudshipping story called "Feuded Love" by Leo-Blazer. What makes it good is that it gives a little back story into why Zangoose and Seviper are mortal enemies in the first place.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4272386/1/Feuded_Love

And also, a fan pic from my own art thread I've drawn myself :D, sorry for the quality.

It's not particularly shippy, just a sketch of my Zangoose (Clawmin) and Seviper (Quetza) sitting together. I haven't coloured it yet~

[IMG300]http://i49.*******.com/30rldog.jpg[/IMG300]

Vycksta

Hourglassshipping: 0
Feudshipping: 4

Includes my new vote for Feudshipping.

It doesn't matter what your gender is or even if you have one. If you are living and breathing then you can feel love in one of its many different forms. Granted, Pokemon are fictional but lets cast that to one side. They are created as monsters. As pocket monsters. Therefore in that roundabout way they are alive which means they can feel love. It's true, as the name of this thread implies... no boundaries. Also TBTH I tend to give the genderless Pokemon a gender anyway just to make it easier for myself. Plus some Pokemon look distinctively more like one gender than the other.

In terms of my shipping the genderless? Yeah! Frostfireshipping in small doses, Channelshipping in a larger dose and Guardianshipping in one big massive cherry-chocolate cake. Om nom nom.

@ Ambri: Cute picture! Be sure to show us the coloured in version!

Status
Not open for further replies.