1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

No Boundaries: Pokemon x Pokemon Shippings

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Vycksta, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lansbury9

lansbury9 Well-Known Member

In the Pokémon FrLg instruction booklet, under "double battles"it shows art-work of Pidgey and Rattata. The screen-shot shows a male Pidgeotto and female Raticate. It would make an effective shipping since Pidgey and Rattata are found on Route 1. Any ideas what to call this shipping?

2. Vycksta

Vycksta Well-Known Member

Tickleshipping: 3
    Snowstormshipping: 6

Another Snowstormshipping vote!

@ lansbury9: You mean Pidgey x Rattata or Pidgeotto x Raticate? If the former that has the ironic name of RouteOneshipping. If the latter... it's free to name.

3. PokemonHero

PokemonHero I can see the future

Vote Tickleshipping again.

And I would've had the picture finished this evening, had I not had to deal with a squirrel stuck in our chimney.

4. Ambri

Ambri ~Draco Rex~

Phew, my computer's internet connection is finally stable again, which means I can vote for Snowstormshipping now. Jolteon's always been my favourite of the Eeveelutions, and Glaceon is great too. Can't go against that pair~

What is your favorite poke-canine ship?

Darktailsshipping. Heck, I like a lot of Mightyena ships, but Ninetales is a beautiful pokemon, makes me think of kitsunes you find in shrines.

5. DieChavsDie

DieChavsDie Well-Known Member

Man its been a long time since Ive been here.

To join in - I vote Snowstorm Shipping

Bit of an odd request, but is there already a Muk x Donphan ship? If so, whats it called, and if not, what should it be called? (Im thinking of using these two in HG :D)

6. Vycksta

Welcome back DCD! Muk x Donphan is nameless, but in terms of thinking of a suggestion? Sorry, my naming bank is still at a bit of a durp.

Tickleshipping: 4
    Snowstormshipping: 9

Snowstormshipping again. Just a reminder guys; give a reason as to why you voted for who you did!

7. DieChavsDie

:D

Whoops - forgot to give a reason for Snowstorm vote. I voted Snowstorm because Jolteon is my favourite Eeveelution, and I think Snowstorm is a simple, yet perfect Shipping name :D

Random thought I just had for Muk x Donphan. PhlegmShipping? Bit of an odd name, but it kinda works :S

8. Vycksta

I can see where it comes from from Muk's point of view, but I has a ? with Donphan. Either way Phlegmshipping is a free name.

9. lansbury9

lansbury9 Well-Known Member

Is there a name for Bidoof and Sunflora? These can be in-game as well. Mystery Dungeon, for example.

10. PokemonHero

That's already named. It's called DiaryShipping.

And a vote for Tickleshipping, even if it is for naught.

11. DieChavsDie

Vycksta: My idea for PhlegmShipping came from the phrase "a ball of phlegm" (this is why I didnt go into detail originally :p). I thought because Donphan rolls into a ball, and because Muk is sludge-y, it kinda worked. Maybe BallOfPhlegmShipping would be easier to understand, although PhlegmShipping rolls off the tongue more easily (Disgusting joke, but it had to be done :p)

12. Vycksta

Ah! Now that you've explained it it makes a lot more sense. If you want that submitted I can do so for you.

Okay, voting again for Snowstormshipping so that means it progressed through to the quarter finals! Time for the next round!

Frostfireshipping (( Articuno x Moltres )) vs. Peltshipping (( Arcanine x Persian ))

Gotta go with my nomination. Although saying that I would vote for it anyway; thanks to RPing and reading the fanfiction of a late friend I do somewhat ship it.

Frostfireshipping: 1
    Peltshipping: 0

13. Ambri

Ambri ~Draco Rex~

Hard choice, but I'm going for Peltshipping. I'm a sucker for poke-canine ships, and Arcanine and Persian go together nicely.

Don't know if this had been asked, but just something I thought of:

Why do you think Pokemon x Pokemon shippings are less popular than the standard ships? (Pokeshipping, Pearlshipping etc)
    Well, pokemon themselves are the important things in the series, but you'll always see a lot more fans supporting Ash with *insert character here*. I guess people have more appeal when it comes to shipping, or they're easier to write about or something ._.

14. Araleon

Araleon Chill

I gotta go with Frostfireshipping... I really like Arcanine, but the lure of a Fire/Ice couple is too strong to ignore, haha.

15. DieChavsDie

Yeah - I wouldnt mind PhlegmShipping being submitted Vyck - as long as you dont mind its name :p

Ill vote for FrostfireShipping. Not a big fan of Arcanine (Although Persian is cool) - and I love Moltres.

Also, it probrably has, but has Chansey x Blissey been named? If not, I call UCAS Shipping :p Tis the way Im feeling ATM :p (Applying for Medicine)

16. Eco on the Internet

Eco on the Internet $2 Burrito/Ayn Rand

Why do you think Pokemon x Pokemon shippings are less popular than the standard ships?

I'd guess that the main reason is that much of shipping "culture" comes from the anime, in which Pokémon don't get much relationship-building screen time with each other. Most of the time they're playing foil for their trainers (e.g. Croagunk or Wobbuffet) or participating in a Pokémon battle (in which case they're rivals)... and only the teams of the main characters are recurring enough to be (easily) shipped. This all adds up to there being a lot less chances for someone to see something that sets off their shipping radars.

17. Vycksta

Frostfireshipping: 4
    Peltshipping: 1

Another vote for Frostfireshipping for me. :>

@ DCD: Chansey x Blissey? I KNOW that's named... ah, here we go; Jubilationshipping. That reminds me... remember when you named FatBottomedGirlsshipping? That was hilariously awesome.

18. PokemonHero

Well, I'll vote for Peltshipping. I don't know why, but shippings between the legendary birds just don't appeal to me. Plus, Arcanine is one of my favorites.

Sorry I haven't posted here. I would have the picture to make up for it, but there is something up with my dad's computer and I would prefer not to mess with it.

Why do you think Pokemon x Pokemon shippings are less popular than the standard ships? (Pokeshipping, Pearlshipping etc)

Simply because their relationships are never really emphasised. Sure, we get a few canon pairings, such as LagomorphShipping, but these maybe happen a few times in the anime. As well, I think people are generally more comfortable pairing humans with each other rather than Pokemon. I think most generally believe that one spieces sticks with one of its own kind. That's why you see many new players use two of the same Pokemon or Ditto in the games to breed, rather than pairing them with another different Pokemon.

To each their own. Personally, I like the Pokemon pairings, as they are so numerous it would take forever to pair and name all of them.

19. Araleon

Araleon Chill

Peltshipping this time, Arcanine's a beast.

Their relationships aren't shown/hinted to/talked about. In the games you put two pokemon in the daycare, come back, there's an egg. In the anime the Pokemon don't interact with each other as much as they interact with their trainer.

(Lagomorphshipping aside)

20. Ambri

Ambri ~Draco Rex~

I vote Peltshipping again :3

I still haven't coloured that picture in...need to get round to it now that I'm starting to have less coursework to do :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.