• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No Boundaries: Pokemon x Pokemon Shippings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vycksta

... oh wow. FOR ONCE I HAVE NO WORDS I shall just mentally keysmash at the sense it makes.

NorthernLightsshipping: 8
Revivalshipping: 0

NorthernLightsshipping again.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Adding in a vote for NorthernLightsshipping, because of love for Espeon and Suicune. Talk about a one-sided round XD

@Araleon: It's funny, because I also consider the legendary beasts (dogs/cats/gerbils or whatever they are) to be reincarnations of Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon~

Aww, that Latentshipping art is adorable PokemonHero <3 actually, that reminds me, I was meant to be colouring in my Feudshipping pic...

Do you have any shippings you like that have a craptastic name?

Heck yes >_< Darktailsshipping isn't exactly a great name for Mightyena x Ninetales, and I plan to think of a better name for it.

That link: mind= blown. I-it actually makes SENSE. On that note, I have a suggestion of Missinglinkshipping for Missingo x Kangaskhan, with Missingno being the lost evolution...or something.

Vycksta

NorthernLightsshipping: 9
Revivalshipping: 0

A tonking, this is one.

You're in luck with Darktailsshipping. I was a durp and didn't submit it to Bulbagarden so you can think of a better name if you wish. When a ship is submitted there that is that, unless Toraphi declines it personally.

Also FFFFFF MissingLinkshipping is a GLORIOUS name and has been submitted with the haste. Thanks a billion! 8)

Whiscash

Professional catfish
Wow, the Cubone/Kangaskhan thing is amazing! =O Pity it didn't turn out like that, I think that could have had some interesting potential...

Primalshipping for Kangaskhan/Marowak, anyone? Not taken, seemingly.

@Ambri: Oooh, the beasts/Eons thing is interesting~ I don't ship them much actually. Suicune is the only one I really like anything with, and mostly for aesthetical reasons.

Poor Revivalshipping. *pets* Pikachu/Eevee are cute together, no doubt, but not my favourite choice for either. Returning to the "crap names" topic, Pikachu/Jigglypuff is one of my favourites but I think it could use a better name than Smashershipping, too. *shrug*

PokemonHero

I can see the future
If nobody has ended it yet, I'll vote NorthernLightsShipping for the win.

And thanks to everybody who liked the pic. Still wish I had a good drawing program on the computer. If anybody knows one that's easy to learn, please tell me.

Do you have any shippings you like that have a craptastic name?

A few recent ones that come to mind are LittleClawsShipping (Zorua x Vulpix) and FurryPonytailShipping (Zoroark x Ninetales). Those pairings have nice potential, but the names are just...ugh. Thankfully, I intervened when it came to a couple of the other pairings with Zorua/Zoroark.

The one thing that I hate about shipping names is that many times the name just seem to throw stuff together to make a name. I mean, you have a pairing like Vaporeon and Absol, which could have any number of good names had the person given some thought to it, given the name DarkWaterShipping. Really? That's just lazy and uncreative. I think that there need to be some sort of standards set to ensure that some of these pairings get better names.

Vycksta

FFFFFF how can I forget those recent pieces of fail? Probably because I do not like Zoroark. I was swept by the craze temporarily... that's over now and yeah, not fond. Zorua's not too bad, I guess.

Oh man, DarkWatershipping. I actually submitted that and the one who named it... it's her Pokemon x Pokemon OTP and I remember her saying once that she's used the name for a while so. Yeah. Partly my fault? xD

ANYWAYS, FACE-OFF. NorthernLightsshipping progresses with a 10-0 smackdown and now we're on the quarter-finals! It's the first to reach 15, remember... and don't forget to give reasons why too! So first up;

Legendaryshipping (( Lugia x Ho-Oh )) vs. Darktailsshipping (( Mightyena x Ninetales ))

On account that Vulpix and Ninetales were my first favourite Pokemon and that Mightyena is not only easy shippable but also a favourite that flits in and out of my top ten constantly... Darktailsshipping. Yep.

Legendaryshipping: 0
Darktailsshipping: 1

Durp

I think when it comes to Zoroark pairings, my name for Zoroark/Mewtwo was pretty bad too. XD *punts ShiningDusk* Luckily I was told I can get that sorted out. >__o

And I like FurryPonytailshipping, but not the name. DX LittleClawsshipping is even worse. X__X

A vote for DarkTailsshipping for me, Mightyena and Ninetails would go good; especially their color combo.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Well, I'm not really saying it's anyone's fault. I just think that it would be wise to have discussions about a name before submitting it.

DarkTailShipping for me. I pretty much like any canine pairing, and this one's no exception.

Vycksta

Legendaryshipping: 0
Darktailsshipping: 4

Darktailsshipping again.

LittleClawsshipping and FurryPonytailshipping were sadly the fall guys in the old OMS NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE THE FIRST TO COIN SHIPS INVOLVING THEM sitch. But yeah, discussion on names is good. It's why I like it when people ask for names here in this thread; those who offer names always give explanations behind them and almost always give them a bit of thought.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
LittleClawsshipping and FurryPonytailshipping were sadly the fall guys in the old OMS NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE THE FIRST TO COIN SHIPS INVOLVING THEM sitch. But yeah, discussion on names is good. It's why I like it when people ask for names here in this thread; those who offer names always give explanations behind them and almost always give them a bit of thought.

I remember how peeved I was about this, since I had come up with a pretty good name for Vulpix x Zorua. Luckily, I was able to apply it to another pairing.

Perhaps we need a thread like this over on Bulbagarden to help curb the issue. I don't know how popular Pokemon x Pokemon shippings are over there, though. I do know that some people here are over there.

Whiscash

Professional catfish
...Way behind here, because I'm not 100% on what Zoroark actually is. ^^;; But I get the whole "omg MUST NAME NEW CHARACTER SHIPS" thing, and yeah, it's annoying. It would be nice if there was some sort of...screening process before ships are named, without being too ~elitist about the whole thing, if that were possible. And I'm pretty sure I've done that two-random-things-together method myself in the past. =X I try not to these days, though.

Hmm...Darktailsshipping is pretty, no doubt, but I've always had a soft spot for Legendaryshipping, so I'll vote that, what the hell~ Partly, I think, because it makes me nostalgic for the ~old days of Johto, and partly because Lugia/Ho-oh together would sort of bring peace to the whole war between the legendary birds, the way I see it.

Vycksta

PokemonHero said:
I remember how peeved I was about this, since I had come up with a pretty good name for Vulpix x Zorua. Luckily, I was able to apply it to another pairing.

Perhaps we need a thread like this over on Bulbagarden to help curb the issue. I don't know how popular Pokemon x Pokemon shippings are over there, though. I do know that some people here are over there.
I remember that as well. It's... gutting, really. Naming ships, to me, is something that never gets old.

Pokemon x Pokemon ships over at BMGF seem to take a backseat. However I know for a fact that Toraphi created a thread called "Guide to naming your new ships - an essay." She posted it here some time (( Read; a few years ago )) ago but it was never stickied. Maybe I could ask her to post it again?

@ Whiscash: Summary of Zoroark; star of the 13th movie, the "5th gen Lucario" who is a Dark type bipedal kitsune who has mastery over illusions. Everyone's going crazy for it but me.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Mightyena's my favourite pokemon, and Ninetales is also great. Legendaryshipping is likeable too, but Darktailsshipping gets my vote here (of course). I've been trying to think of a decent new name, and the best I can come up with right now is Kyukamishipping, that's at least better than Darktailsshipping. Kyuubi = nine tailed fox, Ookami = wolf and yeah I'm not feeling so inventive today, feel free to think of some other names you guys >.>

Glad you liked Missinglinkshipping as a name though Vycksta ^^ I think taking the time to actually think of a name for a ship is fun, you can come up with some pretty neat ideas, ne?

@Whiscash: Yup, Zoroark's been pretty much summed up. Everyone will probably be obsessing over the chances of Ash getting a Zorua later on, it'll be Auraholics all over again XD

Whiscash

Professional catfish
Thank you all on the Zoroark closure~ Looked it up and I suppose it's pretty in a way, but DNW 5thGen Lucario, if I'm honest. =/

Oh, I remember that ship naming essay~ I must have read it about three times before I officially named my first ship, and even then I was sure everyone would point and laugh and go LOL N00B. XD;; [/pointless nostalgia] Yeah, though, I think it's great and all prospective namers should definitely read it.

Legendaryshipping again.

Vycksta

Legendaryshipping: 2
Darktailsshipping: 6

Darktailsshipping again.

@ Ambri: I like Kyukamishipping, TBTH. I did a similar sort of name idea with Sneasel x Weavile x Misdreavus a LONG LONG time ago. Sneasel and Weavile are based on the Kamaitachi, Misdreavus on the Banshee. Put them together? Kamaitasheeshipping. Quite proud of that name.

@ Whiscash: It was and still is a good read. I'll send a PM to Toraphi and see if she's willing to re-submit said thread. Alternatively... I could find it from the archive. Maybe.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I never read the essay, hence my trying to name AbsolxEspeon something else, even though it already had a name. Oh well, I'm much smarter now.

Add a vote for DarkTailsShipping.

I've been trying hard to write new stuff for The Light in the Darkness, but it's been pretty difficult. I always seem to have ideas as to what to write later rather than for the scene I'm trying to write, not to mention all the other things going on in my life right now. I really want to get this chapter done.[/rant]

So that leads to a new question: What kind of medium (ex. stories, art, etc.) to you prefer to see your favorite shippings portrayed in?

Durp

What kind of medium (ex. stories, art, etc.) to you prefer to see your favorite shippings portrayed in?

Art or fics, but lately I've been preferring to read things of the pairings I like. Maybe because I thought recently that words would get something across better than a picture. I've been trying to write a short Poke/Poke thing because of that, but since I've been an "artist" up until now it hasn't been going too smoothly. XD; o___0

And DarkTailsshipping vote again from me.

Vycksta

Legendaryshipping: 2
Darktailsshipping: 9

Darktailsshipping again.

What kind of medium (ex. stories, art, etc.) to you prefer to see your favorite shippings portrayed in?
There's a part of me that's jumping out and saying FANART FOREVER; nine times out of ten the ship is there, straight away... and a picture does tell a thousand words. The colours, the pose, the expressions, the surroundings. However there's another part of me that's trying to reason with the first part; I do love a good piece of fanfiction that involves a lot of build up into the eventual ship. You can get a good mental picture going and with words you can express yourself more than with just a picture, I reckon.

So to answer the topic... both. I should be grateful anyway if people do fanwork involving my ships as they are few and far between. xD

Whiscash

Professional catfish

Generally, I always prefer fanfic over everything else, but I've found that it's pretty hard to come by for most P/P ships, especially my favourites (when was the last time you saw Whiscash mentioned in a fic, ever?). =/ So I do look at art more than I used to, and I like to see pretty pictures, but given the choice I would say fic every time. I agree with the thing about words saying more than pictures, etc.

Legendaryshipping again. *continues pulling for the ~underdog*

PokemonHero

I can see the future
And I'll vote for DarkTailsShipping again.

@Vycksta: If that's the case, then why haven't I seen you over at my fan fic?

As for me, I like both fan fics and fan art, but I'd probably lean more to fan fics. There's something about the psychology behind a relationship that a fan fic is able to capture that cannot be done by fan art.

Status
Not open for further replies.