• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No Bull

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Hello fellow members of Serebiiforums.

Welcome to my new RMT, using a very overused poke, who I still hate, but he serves his role so well. I'm talking about No Bull, the Terrakion here. The team is pretty offensive, but due to bulky pokes, won't get swept with ease~
I present you:

639.gif

No Bull (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly nature
Justified
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-X-Scissor

Terrakion, even though he's ugly as he is, is such an awesome revenge killer and lead. Due to SR on the first turn, people think it isn't choiced, and then it kills Tornadus, Genesect or even Modest Venusaur (at 60%) in sun with great ease, due to the unexpected scarf. Anyway, SE is the strongest STAB to kill aforementioned victims, and Close Combat gives great neutral coverage. X-Scissor is filler, to hit Espeon and Slowbro harder than the other moves could.

637.gif

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Timid nature
Flame Body
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz

Volcarona is a very powerful special sweeper, that even handles rain teams, if it gets to +3, which it more often than not can reach. Quiver Dance is thus the obvious boosting move, with Giga Drain for extra recovery. Fiery Dance if a not that weak STAB move, with the pleasant side effect of bosting my special attack even further. Bug Buzz is secondary STAB. Even though it is walled by pretty much any fire type, it doesn't carry HP [Ground] because I hate Hidden Power breeding. Fire types are taken care of by one or both of the following:

423.gif

Gasoline (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Sassy nature
Storm Drain
252 Hp/4 Atk/252 SpD
-Scald
-Earthquake
-Recover
-Toxic

Gastrodon, the special wall, easily tanking Latios's Meteors, while Toxistalling it to a slow, painful death. Scald is to burn stuff like Genesect, so they're also walled. Earthquake is secondary STAB, dealing some damage to CM users, such as the common Keldeo on rain teams (so original). Recover is to live another day, while Toxic is the main way of dealing damage.

121.gif

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid nature
Natural Cure
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic/Psyshock/Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Starmie is the best spinner around, spinning before it gets hit, KO'ing the majority of the hazard layers, and curing itself of the poison induced by Toxic Spikes. Hydro Pump is STAB, Thunderbolt is for Flying types. Psychic is secondary STAB, to deal good damage to most Fighting types. Psyshock is another option to hit them, and it hits Tentacruel harder, but I'm sticking to Psychic ATM. Rapid Spin is the obvious move to spin away hazrds.

635.gif

BlackMasks (Hydreigon) @ Choice Specs
Timid nature
Levitate
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Surf
-Fire Blast

(Black Masks and Gasoline) Hydreigon is another offensive powerhouse, that is bound to KO at least two opponents per match, due to its overpowered Draco Meteors. Dark Pulse if I don't need to use DMeteor, or if I can't afford a miss (yes, luck hates me, DMeteor has missed too often when needed). Surf gets a rain boost, and kills Heatran and TTar (at least 2HKO's) and Fire Blast to get rid of spiky plant things and Scizor. Timid to outspeed neutral base 100's and other Modest Hydreigon.

437.gif

Hells Bell (Bronzong) @ Macho Brace
Brave nature
Heatproof
252 Hp/252 Atk/4 SpD
-Trick Room
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Bronzong is a great late-game cleaner. Trick Room + Macho Brace + Brave nature + 0 Spe IV's make it the fastest pokemon around, while also maximizing Gyro Ball's power against most opponents. Earthquake is a great move to have and OHKO's Heatran, 2HKO's offensive Jirachi. Rock Slide is for Volcarona and Flying types, with a nice Flinch chance. Heatrproof is used, since only like 3% of the people is stupid (or smart) enough to EQ a Bronzong, giving it practically no weaknesses.

That's the team, I hope you like it, and help me improve it. I'm open to critisism, so don't hold back, but if you mention this is wrong and that is wrong, also tell what I could do to fix that. Thanks in advance.

Luciola

Pokemon Tamer
I'm running pretty much the same team in Singles-Flat Rules with Terrakion, Volcarona, Starmie and Hydreigon (the remaining two are picked from a list of support pokes. In my team, I often choose Porygon2 over Bronzong with the same utility with Trick Room to make an end game sweep). Anyway, I recommend you use Life Orb on Hydreigon and replace Surf with U-turn. It helps in keeping your offensive momentum while making some checks. In my experience, such set could take atleast 1/5 to 1/6 of your opponent's HP on neutral typing, and atleast 30-40% on weakness typing (against dark, psychic and grass). It also helps you break opposing Sturdy and Focus Sashes.

On Gastrodon, I'd recommend you to use Earth Power over EQ to abuse Storm Drain's utility. It'll also help you weaken opposing SpD which is also a means for support.

I know what I'm telling you are standard move sets, but in my experience, it works effectively.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
I'm running pretty much the same team in Singles-Flat Rules with Terrakion, Volcarona, Starmie and Hydreigon (the remaining two are picked from a list of support pokes. In my team, I often choose Porygon2 over Bronzong with the same utility with Trick Room to make an end game sweep). Anyway, I recommend you use Life Orb on Hydreigon and replace Surf with U-turn. It helps in keeping your offensive momentum while making some checks. In my experience, such set could take atleast 1/5 to 1/6 of your opponent's HP on neutral typing, and atleast 30-40% on weakness typing (against dark, psychic and grass). It also helps you break opposing Sturdy and Focus Sashes.
I can see it working, and I tested it, but I prefer specs, for the OHKO of bulky stuff like Politoed after SR. Life Orb recoil isn't ideal for me, as it is now easier revenge killed. Above all, Surf is an important move on the set, having me OHKO'ing Gliscor, without the miss hax of the Meteor.

On Gastrodon, I'd recommend you to use Earth Power over EQ to abuse Storm Drain's utility. It'll also help you weaken opposing SpD which is also a means for support.
Storm Drain doesn't get activated that often, and EQ is a great help with Calm Mind users, and other Gastrodon.

I know what I'm telling you are standard move sets, but in my experience, it works effectively.
I appreciate your help, but standard isn't really working for me. Thanks for the rate nontheless ^-^

Ilan

No pokemon in your team is weak to fire but terrakion is weak to ground so bronzong can make use of levitate to get free switch ins I know about most people believing it have levitate but it also make spikes less effective.. also maybe try life orb as bronzong is slow enough (and base 89 is horrible in OU at least boost it) generally speaking.. reuniculus>bronzong since it is way stronger.. but I don't see anything else benefiting from trick room.
The rest seem fine the synergy is not too bad a good team overall the weak link is probably bronzong.. (yeah I know the only not OU but I didn't say that because he is UU, but because his unimpressive base 89 attack.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
No pokemon in your team is weak to fire but terrakion is weak to ground so bronzong can make use of levitate to get free switch ins I know about most people believing it have levitate but it also make spikes less effective.. also maybe try life orb as bronzong is slow enough (and base 89 is horrible in OU at least boost it) generally speaking.. reuniculus>bronzong since it is way stronger.. but I don't see anything else benefiting from trick room.
The rest seem fine the synergy is not too bad a good team overall the weak link is probably bronzong.. (yeah I know the only not OU but I didn't say that because he is UU, but because his unimpressive base 89 attack.

Thanks for replying, Ilan. Terrakion's ground weakness can indeed give Levitate Bronzong a free switch-in, but he's my late game sweeper, so I don't want him on the battlefield before it can sweep in its 5 turns of Trick Room. Others don't need to benefit from the reversed speed, since Zong more often than not either finishes the battle in the turns TR is up, or he simply stays around 5 turns, and then I can safely switch without being hindered by TR. Reuniclus is stronger, but it gets OHKO'ed more easily than Bronzong, and it doesn't resist Grass whilst being weak to Ghost. Therefore I prefer Bronzong, and even though 89 Atk isn't much, a Gyro Ball with such low speed hurts badly. From testing experience I know its EQ 2HKO's offensive Jirachi and every Heatran, while Rock Slide 3HKO's Rotom-W with flinch chance, OHKO's every Volcarona and 2HKO's Tornadus. Gyro Ball simply KO's every speed devil after SR damage, unless they resist Steel.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
I can see it working, and I tested it, but I prefer specs, for the OHKO of bulky stuff like Politoed after SR. Life Orb recoil isn't ideal for me, as it is now easier revenge killed. Above all, Surf is an important move on the set, having me OHKO'ing Gliscor, without the miss hax of the Meteor.

Storm Drain doesn't get activated that often, and EQ is a great help with Calm Mind users, and other Gastrodon.

I appreciate your help, but standard isn't really working for me. Thanks for the rate nontheless ^-^

Storm drain can be very good. Saved me against water teams and rotom w. And I have seen draco meteors haxy tendency.(2x is unlucky)

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Storm drain can be very good. Saved me against water teams and rotom w. And I have seen draco meteors haxy tendency.(2x is unlucky)

Storm Drain is handy against rain teams indeed, but I won't use Earth Power with it.
And indeed, Draco Meteors sometimes have less accuracy than a Focus Miss.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Don't anyone have to say something about the team, whether it's good or bad, or some suggestions to improve it? Would be much appreciated. Also a star rating I'd like to see what you think of it. Thanks in advance.

Kinoyo

Forever and Always
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Timid nature
Flame Body
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz

Giga Drain is a nice move, but unless you have Leftovers for some HP until QD's are up, I really don't see how Leftovers are needed. I would think that a Grass Gem would be more helpful or a Big Root for a little more HP. And if you have Giga Drain in there at all, wouldn't it be a good idea to put more EV's into Sp. Def instead of Speed to make it a little more bulky? That's just what I think, I'm trying to get into competitive a bit more myself to understand things like this, so my rating skills are probably laughable. But besides that, everything else looks fine! Looks really good. =>

Last edited:

Ikorus

Or a lum berry. Setup sweepers, especially Quiver Dancers, hate getting staused too early, especially something annoying like paralysis from a surprise Twave. Using lum berry on my QD Giga Drain Lilligant (so pretty!)

Overall I'm in the same boat as you kin, just getting started with the competitive aspect. Mostly so i have something to do with myself now that i have the vast majority of the pokedex filled. just missing a few event legends, and a couple version specific ones like tornadus and reshiram. of course, all their IVs suck.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Giga Drain is a nice move, but unless you have Leftovers for some HP until QD's are up, I really don't see how Leftovers are needed. I would think that a Grass Gem would be more helpful or a Big Root for a little more HP. And if you have Giga Drain in there at all, wouldn't it be a good idea to put more EV's into Sp. Def instead of Speed to make it a little more bulky? That's just what I think, I'm trying to get into competitive a bit more myself to understand things like this, so my rating skills are probably laughable. But besides that, everything else looks fine! Looks really good. =>
Thank you ^-^ I'll try your suggestion for another held item and the SpD investment, much appreciated!

Or a lum berry. Setup sweepers, especially Quiver Dancers, hate getting staused too early, especially something annoying like paralysis from a surprise Twave. Using lum berry on my QD Giga Drain Lilligant (so pretty!)
Lum berry can be helpful at times, but since it's already immune to burns, it use is pretty limited. Will try nontheless, thank you c: