1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

no longer the favorite Pokémon

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Ditto B1tch, May 7, 2013.

1. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

no longer the favorite Pokémon

Do you have any Pokemon that was your favorite, but thanks to the introduction of a new Pokemon in a next generation, your favorite 'mon were replaced by other? What were these Pokemons?

For example, I used to consider Yanma my favorite Pokemon of all in Gen 1 and 2, but when Gen III was launched out, it was replaced by Milotic as soon as I used it.

Then, Milotic was my favorite Pokemon until Gen IV, when it was replaced by Lucario. Lucario got my attention mostly because of SSBB.

Unfortunatelly, in Gen V, Lucario were replaced by Volcarona. That fire bug is a killer when using special moves, I loved it!

Volcarona is now my favorite Pokemon of all and it will keep as my favorite if Gen VI doesn't introduce one that make me like more than it.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  2. Ti4558

Ti4558 Well-Known Member

I used to like buizel, zebstriker, umbreon and a few other pokemon but I got tired of how weak they were so now I try to choose strong pokemon as my favorites.

3. Firebrand

Firebrand Indomitable

"Strong pokemon, weak pokemon. That is just the selfish perception of humans. A truly great trainer tries to win with their favorites."

4. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

Charizard used to be my favorite for a long time, but it was swiftly overtaken by White Kyurem, and it was pushed even further down my list of favorites when I discovered that I liked many other Pokémon a lot more than I liked Charizard (such as Quagsire, Dunsparce, Charmeleon, Darkrai, Palkia, and others).

To be fair, he/she did say that they had tried to use the weaker Pokémon. :p

5. Above Zenith

Above Zenith 2high

Gardevoir used to be my fav until I got into competitive battling.

6. LiepardTrainer

LiepardTrainer *mreow*

Easily I can answer, since generation 1 until the introduction of generation 5, Persian used to be my #1 favorite - that was until Liepard was introduced and then it became #1, and Persian dropped down to 3rd (Purrloin was 2nd) - now that I favor mustelid Pokemon more, Persian has dropped down to almost #48th favorite. Its slowly making a comeback for me, as its now my #26th (yeah, I have all 649 of Pokemon in order saved on my pc, on notepad).

7. SlowPokeBroKing

SlowPokeBroKing Future Gym Leader

Scyther was my favorite when I first got into the series. Then, because of the anime, I really liked Marill. But for some reason, I took a step backward and really just developed a love for Slowpoke. But I must say, Terrakion came very close to the top spot at one point.

8. Rayze Darr

Rayze Darr Snubbull Supporter

I loved Pikachu in generation 1, mainly because he was such a douche in the anime. The combination of cuteness, strength (anime-only) and being such a prick gave its whole species a level of personality for me. Then, Pikachu got more overused than a prostitute during shore leave, and it hit the point where the species as a whole became little more than an annoyance.

Charizard is also on the list. I still love it, but not nearly as much as I did when I was a kid. Back then, it was the incarnation of badassery. Now-a-days, it's become fairly standard, mainly due to the sheer number of cool Pokemon that exist.

I've loved Snubbull since the short that played before the first movie, though, and it remains my favorite, so not everything changes with time.

9. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

I used to like Gyarados until Milotic appeared, and Lucario before Zoroark introduced.

10. ☭Azimuth_055☣

☭Azimuth_055☣ Thou enraged?

Kingdra used to be my favourite in Gen II, but was replaced with Salamence when Gen III came out, though I use both Pokémon and are still valuable to me.

11. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Until the third gen, Raichu was my favorite, but was then usurped by Manectric.

Come the fifth gen, Hydreigon is now my current favorite Pokemon.

12. Volcer

Volcer Shur'tugal

Mew used to my favourite, but now it is Mewtwo...

13. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

Actually if your competitively playing that quote is meaningless because depending on who you are, your going to have to forgo that Butterfree or Manetric for Volcarona and Jolteon if you want to win. While no one is stopping you from using your favorites, it just means your not being truly competitive.

Anyway I didn't like the Creation Trio at first but Giratina rose and became one of my favorite Ghost Pokémon, replacing Dusknoir. Despite that the Creation Trio stands as my least favorite trio.

14. I liked Luxray a lot because I thought it was really cool but now Hydreigon is my favourite. I still like Luxray though, but Hydreigon tops my list of favourites.

15. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

I used to love Pikachu a lot, then my beloved Oshawott came along.

I have been stuck onto Oshawott since lol.

16. Laurelai

Laurelai Well-Known Member

When I first started playing, I chose Treeko as my starter, so for a while I was quite smitten with Sceptile for a while (still have a soft spot for it). Then I met Lapras and it just really fit my personality. Lapras was my first level 100 :D Since then, I have gotten into breeding for IVs and found that while I still love Lapras just for itself, I have been really impressed with the way my Vaporeon and Jolteon have turned out. So Lapras is my favorite "just because" pokemon and has been for years. I just don't battle with it. I *do* hate to even see it in battle against my team because I'm all "Oh no! I have to faint a Lapras!!" lol

17. BLANK USERNAME

BLANK USERNAME New Member

gastly used to be my fav until gen 4 when arceus comes

18. Ultimate Champion

Ultimate Champion 瞞天過海

Squirtle was my favorite Pokémon until I discovered Charizard, which then became my favorite until I saw my level 71 Mewtwo getting obliterated in a single critical hit Hyper Beam from Lance's level 62 Dragonite in Pokémon Red. Dragonite then became my favorite Pokémon, and remains as such up to this day.

19. Minedreigon

Minedreigon Prisoner to Formulae

It was infernape, but since fifth gen it is hydreigon and will ramain so.

20. Minedreigon

Minedreigon Prisoner to Formulae

You, my friend, are awesome.:635:
    Rakurai you're awesome too.