• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

no more fire/fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquriomaster

Hyori Hasama
Is anyone else tired of fire fighting because I am we need for a starter type that is awesome
imagine fenekin evolves into a fire/dark or psychic
and if your not sure what this is about its about people being bored of the now clique fire/fightning

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
I would love a fire dark starter. Getting sick of fighting fire, not to mention the weaknesses.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
People still think that game pacing and structure is designed to accommodate Pokemon attributes, and not the other way around?

Ditto B1tch

Regardless of working well, we don't need a fire/fighting type again for the FOURTH TIME IN A ROW.

Please, Fennekin's final evolution must be purely fire or paired with anything else.

I got shocked when I noticed that Emboar was also fighting... very disappointing... In a game company with a thousand of employees, couldn't anyone have put his/her hands up and say "STOOOOP!!! NO FIRE/FIGHTING AGAIN!"

Last edited:

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm really, really starting to hate Fire/Figting.

First saw Torchic. Cute! Evolves into Blaziken (fire/fighting) cool, that's unique! It must refer to cockfighting!

First saw Chimchar. Kawaii! Evolves into Infernape (fire/fighting (getting repetitive) No biggie, both Blastoise and Feraligator were pure water. Plus I'm sure monkeys fight!

Tepig. Adorable! Emboar. Sighh.... not again!

I still love them all, but I'm gonna hate on Fenn's final evo of it's Firefighter.

Ver-mont

Pretty much everyone is tired of Fire/Fighting at this point.

It's not a bad combination at all, it's just that it became tired as hell after being used three times in a row. Give it a rest.

ZombifiedHorror1031

In a game company with a thousand of employees, couldn't anyone have put his/her hands up and say "STOOOOP!!! NO FIRE/FIGHTING AGAIN!"
As of April of last year, there were only 90 employees at Game Freak. If you meant Nintendo itself, they likely don't care that much about something like this.

As for the topic at hand, I don't much care which secondary type Fennekin gets, if it gets one at all. I'm not a competitive player, and while it might feel played out to some, I don't dislike any of the Fire/Fighting starters. Whether it is Fire/Fighting, a different combination, or purely Fire, it will likely remain my favorite Gen VI starter.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Fire/fighting has become the new thing to bash, hasn't it ?
Personally, although I don't mind it, it would be refreshing and nice to see something else.
After all, variety is the spice of life ( NO, I'm not going to say that :p )

Mitja

Veteran smartass
Its a nobrainer really. Im sure there isnt one person who would actually want another one.

I would however like to see a casual Fire/Fighting pokemon or maybe even the less likely reverse Fighting/Fire combo...on say something with just 2 stages.

Ditto B1tch

As of April of last year, there were only 90 employees at Game Freak. If you meant Nintendo itself, they likely don't care that much about something like this.

As for the topic at hand, I don't much care which secondary type Fennekin gets, if it gets one at all. I'm not a competitive player, and while it might feel played out to some, I don't dislike any of the Fire/Fighting starters. Whether it is Fire/Fighting, a different combination, or purely Fire, it will likely remain my favorite Gen VI starter.

When I said "a thousand of employees" I meant "many employees".

I'm sorry if I couldn't make myself quite clear.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Its a nobrainer really. Im sure there isnt one person who would actually want another one.

I would however like to see a casual Fire/Fighting pokemon or maybe even the less likely reverse Fighting/Fire combo...on say something with just 2 stages.
The competitive scene loves the STABs it provides, your assumptions are invalid.

Scraggymaster

Yea, I guess I'm sick of fire/fighting pokemon. I mean, three times in a row? I will seriously rip my 3ds in half if Fennekin's last evolution is part fighting. T.T

randomspot555

I think some people focus way too much on the typing. Personally, I see Pokemon more than just their typing.

You do know there are huge differences between the respective lines of Chimchar, Tepig, and Torchic, right?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I think some people focus way too much on the typing. Personally, I see Pokemon more than just their typing.

You do know there are huge differences between the respective lines of Chimchar, Tepig, and Torchic, right?

One is based on Monkey (Son Goku) and another is based on Pigsy (Zhu Bajie).. But the Third is not based on Sandy (Sha Wujing) or Tripitaka.. Sorry, I'm talking about Journey to the West. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_West

I should read that book at some time..

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I really hope that the fire/fighting streak ends, they are many types to combine, but its annoying that they choose the same types over and over. I think and hope that Fenekin is a pure fire type, or at least dark or psychic.

Zachmac

The competitive scene loves the STABs it provides, your assumptions are invalid.
Yeah, we competitive players do love the typing offensively, but from the looks of it, even a lot of competitive players are getting tired of it.

Yep, of course there are differences. But it's still tiring to see the same type three times in a row. It's starting to really feel repetitive.

Pure types, I suppose, are fine because all of the starters need to have these types anyway. But as for the secondary types go...can't those be spread out a bit more? Especially for pokemon that are supposed to seem so special.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd like to see Fire/Poison personally.

Leocat

Hmm.... I'd like to see Fennekin get wings and become a Flying Firefox. Clint would be proud. @.o

Nothing wrong with a Flying Fire combo and flying into town on the evolved Fennekin would be cool. Fennekin does have wing-like tufts of fur on the legs so it doesn't seem that far fetched. Especially after Amaterasu.

Status
Not open for further replies.