• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No Slot Machines in European Platinum games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just emailed Nintendo:

Upon purchasing Pokemon Platinum and reaching Veilstone City I was disgusted to find that the Game Corner's Slot Machines had been removed. Upon looking into this issue I see that you have removed the slot machine references and gameplay from all PAL versions of Platinum.

Why does Nintendo hate Europe? Not only do we get the game months after America and Japan, but we get an edited version? There have been slot machines in every pokemon game, why now do you see it fit to cut a feature from ONLY the PAL versions, when the same slot machines are available in Diamond and Pearl. This is besides the point that so many Pokemon events are not available in Europe. Your continual discrimination against Europe has been noticed by many many gamers, and though you obviously couldn't care less about this, you will lose customers this way.

As a core gameplay element has been removed from my game, an element that Japan and America and Australia have access to still, I would like to know why I was not informed of this on the game packaging, and why I did not receive a discount off the price of the game, considering it has had a core feature removed?

I have always spent many hours on the slot machines and am truly saddened at this loss. I think it is disgraceful that such an event such be performed, especially without even attempting to let customers know. This is, incidentally, misrepresentation.

Also I would like to know why the prices of the prizes at the game corner, for the TMs in particular, have not been lowered to reflect your removal of our ability to earn coins to purchase them with? It would take six months of visiting the Game Corner every day in order to be able to purchase even ONE of these TMs. How are Europeans supposed to build their Pokemon teams without fair access to these vital TMs, which incidentally, gives unfair advantage to Japanese, American and Australian trainers, as it is easy for them to generate coins quickly with full access to the slot machines.

I await your response at your earliest convenience

...doubt I will get a response but still, I hate how companies throw us shoddy leftovers.

Post what they reply, I'm somewhat curious as to what they'll say.

Pokedex_filler

Generic Human #8192

Upon purchasing Pokemon Platinum and reaching Veilstone City I was disgusted to find that the Game Corner's Slot Machines had been removed. Upon looking into this issue I see that you have removed the slot machine references and gameplay from all PAL versions of Platinum.

Why does Nintendo hate Europe? Not only do we get the game months after America and Japan, but we get an edited version? There have been slot machines in every pokemon game, why now do you see it fit to cut a feature from ONLY the PAL versions, when the same slot machines are available in Diamond and Pearl. This is besides the point that so many Pokemon events are not available in Europe. Your continual discrimination against Europe has been noticed by many many gamers, and though you obviously couldn't care less about this, you will lose customers this way.

As a core gameplay element has been removed from my game, an element that Japan and America and Australia have access to still, I would like to know why I was not informed of this on the game packaging, and why I did not receive a discount off the price of the game, considering it has had a core feature removed?

I have always spent many hours on the slot machines and am truly saddened at this loss. I think it is disgraceful that such an event such be performed, especially without even attempting to let customers know. This is, incidentally, misrepresentation.

Also I would like to know why the prices of the prizes at the game corner, for the TMs in particular, have not been lowered to reflect your removal of our ability to earn coins to purchase them with? It would take six months of visiting the Game Corner every day in order to be able to purchase even ONE of these TMs. How are Europeans supposed to build their Pokemon teams without fair access to these vital TMs, which incidentally, gives unfair advantage to Japanese, American and Australian trainers, as it is easy for them to generate coins quickly with full access to the slot machines.

...doubt I will get a response but still, I hate how companies throw us shoddy leftovers.

Sounds a little preachy near the start ("Why do you hate Europe?"), but it's all true. Christ, this is getting out of hand now.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Surely you can still buy coins, i realise they're expensive to buy at 10000 pokedollars for 500 coins, but at least you can still buy the coins right?

shadow_wolf

although ive never really used the slots since 2nd gen after pokemon were removed as prizes it seems a shame they've been removed. makes me glad that i got an american one rather then waiting for the uk release

Pokedex_filler

Generic Human #8192
I'm thinking we need to get a lot of people to complain about this. Maybe they'll have a huge recall.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Yeah, but I don't want to give mine in. Even though I really want these TMs, I don't want to lose my progress. A patch maybe? That lets us keep our games but give us access to the slots. Because they'll just give an excuse that we can get the TMs, but we have to basically spend thousands on them.

Dizzee

That kinda sucks, not for me though.
I never used the slots anyway, i always gathered enough money to just buy the coins.
Only used the slots in FR/LG because those were the only games where winning was easy. :p

Last edited:

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
No, the prizes are still the same price. So it's essentially 400000 Pokédollars for the Giga Impact TM.

WHAT?

EDIT: Just figured out something. Assuming you pick up all the Coins every day and don't buy any yourself, it will only take SIX MONTHS to get the Giga Impact TM.

Six months?!? WOW! That must freaking suck if you need a Giga Impact really badly. Next thing you know, the game corner might be removed from HG/SS altogether!

TSL

Mischievous.
Are you still able to buy coins? Because that's what I just do anyway, I'm always to rich on Platinum that there's no point in playing the slots. I can see how it would be annoying if players enjoy the slots, though.
Hooray for pokemon fascism!

chorusco

Yeah you can still buy coins which is what i'll do but i'd still like to play the coin machines sometimes

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

The notice that refers to the Explosion TM in the other games says that you shouldn't spill Soda Pop or Lemonade on themachines, and to report to reception if you do. I tried examining all the machines last night with Lemonade and Soda Pop in my bag, but nothing happened. I'm thinking that it might have something to do with that.

What, are they going to remove breeding next?

No. Animal sex is fine to air on TV xD

ROFL. Seriously, what the feck was that? All those highlighted things are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.
A discount of the game because they removed a tiny feature? You're penny pinching aren't you?
Misrepresentation? Since when did it say on the game box "Come Gamble with the Slot Machines!" ?
Takes longer for Europe? Ever heard of European law? that they have to translate the into French, German, Spanish and Italian first?
Hate Europe? Yeah fecking right.

Also, when contacting a company you shouldn't sound aggressive, you should always act polite. Get off your high horse and go home, or go on that same horse, and go gambling for real if it hurts so much. At least my email was polite:

Dear Nintendo,
I have recently discovered that in European copies of "Pokémon Platinum" that the slot machines in the Veilstone City game corner are no longer in use, and dialogue referencing them has been changed, although they are still active in the Japanese, American and Australian copies of the game. I was wondering why this change was made, as now it will take players without a copy of "Pokémon Diamond" or "Pokémon Pearl" a very long time to obtain some of the prizes in the Game Corner, such as TMs.

Thanks,
[NAMEREMOVED]

That was short and got to the point without sounding too rude.

poke_girl

The Amazing
What I find stupid is that most forms of gambling are illegal in Japan, so why do they not not have the slot machines?

I've just ordered a US copy after 3 hours of searching, not only because of this, but the fact that I can get all the events earlier (aside from Secret Key) and it costs a great deal less too. Oh, and I have quite a bit of money to spend at the moment.

We haven't even had the Regigigas event yet!

We've just had Shaymin... Is that one next? Kinda meh considering it's in the game already..

Edit: Then again.. You kinda need the other Regis don't you.

Last edited:

BCVM22

and though you obviously couldn't care less about this, you will lose customers this way.

You won't get a response, not because NoE couldn't care less what you think and they wouldn't respond to your letter anyway (although that's part of it), but because they'll be too busy laughing at your suggestion that they're going to lose an appreciable number customers because they removed some slot machines.

I mean, I'm sure the chuckles and guffaws started when you asked for a discount and when you asked "why does Nintendo hate Europe?", but by the time they hit that last sentence, they were probably at full-on, knee-slapping, tear-inducing laughter.

So take some solace in knowing that even though you wasted your time writing about an insignificant slot machine removal to a company that doesn't care what you think, you probably gave their mailroom the best laugh they've had in years.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

You won't get a response, not because NoE couldn't care less what you think and they wouldn't respond to your letter anyway (although that's part of it), but because they'll be too busy laughing at your suggestion that they're going to lose an appreciable number customers because they removed some slot machines.

I mean, I'm sure the chuckles and guffaws started when you asked for a discount and when you asked "why does Nintendo hate Europe?", but by the time they hit that last sentence, they were probably at full-on, knee-slapping, tear-inducing laughter.

So take some solace in knowing that even though you wasted your time writing about an insignificant slot machine removal to a company that doesn't care what you think, you probably gave their mailroom the best laugh they've had in years.
Or they'll just see the 'hate Europe' bit and press delete.

To be honest though, it's only a mild annoyance - it's not as if they removed a whole species of pokémon.

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
This is a load of crap. I just checked, WTF seriously. Well at least I barely ever use the slots (I find battling Rich People Easier).
I didn't notice a minute ago, even though I was buying SD and HP because as I said I don't use them.
I seriously would hate to be one of you who do.

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
This is a load of crap. I just checked, WTF seriously. Well at least I barely ever use the slots (I find battling Rich People Easier).
I didn't notice a minute ago, even though I was buying SD and HP because as I said I don't use them.

Dabottle

AKA Ados.

Banjo-Fella

Doodler of Thingies
Well, I just confirmed that it's still possible to get TM64! I went to the Game Corner reception desk just a minute ago, hoping to buy some coins after a few dozen battles with PI Carlos, but instead the woman behind the counter suddenly said something like "We're currently in the middle of a Technical Machine campaign! Here, take this," and promptly gave me a TM64! Woo!

The only thing is, I have no idea why she did this. It was my second time visiting the Game Corner since I reached Veilstone, and aside from getting a Coin Case and picking up the few coins left at the slot machines, I did nothing that would constitute earning it. So I'm guessing it's completely random now? I didn't have any Lemonade or Soda Pop or anything of the sort in my inventory at the time, either. Also, it was my second time visiting the place today, so presumably it's not date-dependant?

Zog the Stout

Lover of Arcanines
I've had UK Platinum for a few days now, didn't realise this...

Tbh, I lol'd. Its so funny its pathetic. And on reading the post above, I'm actually HAPPY about it, because the Slots, to me, were so damn frustatingly inefficient, and the process of getting TM64 so slow and unreliable, it seams a lot easier.

But still, lol.... So pathetic Nintendo, or Europe, or PAL, or whoever made this happen....

Zog

Status
Not open for further replies.