• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No Stereo Mix?

funrush

Elite Beat Agent
So, I just downloaded Camstudio and was ready to record. I take a small test recording, and realize that it has no sound. I look for some fixes and here was one that said to check "Show disabled/disconnected devices" and there should be an option named "Stereo Mix" and you go on from there. I clicked Show disabled/disconnected devices, and there was no Stereo Mix option, there was nothing that wasn't already there. The three options I get for recording are: Microphone, Line in, and rear mic. I'm using the operating system Vista. Is there any solution to this? I would really appreciate it.

Edit: I would like to clarify, I mean the sound coming out of my computer, not the speakers.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
The Stereo Mix Option is a function of the soundcard. As this is a hardware function, not software, this can't be fixed with a piece of software. You could try connecting line out to line in a correct lead. However, this could lead to serious Feedback and make a horrible squeal until you unplug it.

I happen to have to have 3 "soundcards" in one of my PCs, and The Stereo Mix option only works with one sound card, and only records what comes out of that soundcards output. (I do some pro recording, and only one sound card can accept the Pro gear attached to it. Another is a USB Head set.)