• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

no title yet

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Hello fellow members of Serebii :D
Welcome to my new RMT. This team was created, as I was trying something new, and it turned out to be a full VoltTurn team. I try to hit hard, fast and run, so good synergy was needed. I'm open to all suggestions. Without further ado, I present to you:
--Edits will be in bold--
--Edited edits will be in bold italics--

thundurus_sprite_by_legendkyurem97-d54rvop.gif

Voltolos (Thunderus-T) @ Leftovers
Modest nature
Volt Absorb
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Focus Blast
-Agility

Thunderus-T is now my late-game sweeper. Set up an Agility, and hit hard with STAB TBolt and good coverage in Ice and Fighting. EV's for speed will be changed once I'll have found out how many it needsnto outspeed everything after an Agility. The rest will be poured into Hp.

649.gif

Paleozoico (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Naive nature
Download
4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
-U-Turn
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

Genesect was the lead when the opponent does carry a Ground type. With Choice Scarf and max speed, backed up by the Naive nature, it hits very fast, outspeeding Adamant scarfed Landorus, and OHKO'ing it with even an unboosted Ice Beam, which also hits the omnipresent Dragons for big damage, especially after a positive Download.Flamethrower is for the Fire move on this team. Thunderbolt is for optimal coverage, close to OHKO'ing Suicune.

479-wash.gif

Ablutio (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Modest nature
Levitate
252 Hp/252 SpA/4 SpD Spe
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Pain Split
-Toxic

Rotom-W is adding a nice Fire resistance, as well as a slow, sometimes unexpected, Volt Switch. Hydro Pump is powerful STAB, giving some good coverage. Pain Split is pseudo-reliable recovery, while Toxic screws opposing walls.

385.gif

Desiderium (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Naive nature
Serene Grace
252 Hp/4 Atk/252 Spe
-Iron Head
-Stealth Rock
-Wish
-U-Turn

Jirachi is replacing Scizor, because Jirachi has entry hazards, and Flygon was too good to give up. As he is my new lead, I use Iron Head to prevent others from settung up hazards. Wish is recovery, also for teammates. U-Turn does damage while switching. Stealth Rock is the entry hazards, that make this tam deadly, according to Messuduppotatoasia.

243.gif

RAIKOU (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Rash nature
Pressure
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Aura Sphere
-Weather Ball
-Hidden Power [Ice]

Raikou has already gotten a great speed stat, so I gave him cool glasses to make him an extremely hard hitter. Volt Switch is STAB, and HP [Ice] is here for the 3rd time to KO incoming Ground types. Aura Sphere is a great move to handle Steel types, also explaining the unforunate Rash nature. Weather Ball is actually never used, but can be handy against sun teams.

232.gif

Elephantus (Donphan) @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
Sturdy
252 Hp/252 Atk/4 SpD
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Shard
-Stone Edge

Donphan, replacing Flygon, is now the spinner, and solution to Sun teams, as it can hit Venusaur hard with a neutral EQ, and take another 40% off with Ice Shard, meaning he can't wreck me, unless rocks are down, what rarely happens on a sun team. Stone Edge is for EdgeQuake coverage and OHKO's any Volcarona.

That was the team, thank you for reading. Please tell me how to improve my team. Suggestions much appreciated :D

Last edited:

Lugia12

Im no good team rater but I thought i could dhare my experience with Flygon. In my opinion this is not a "weak" pokemon. You got lots of scArfers so i would suggest you to give him choice band and an adamant nature. Then hes anything but weak. I dont think my Flygon (with 252 speed evs ofc) have EVER lost to any dragon except lati@s! Salamence dies by one outrage, multiscale drgonites use to dd the first turn then die on second outrage (yhea Flygon still use to start), haxorus is easy and usally hydreddigon is np. Just switch out on Latios/Latias. Since Flygon is choiced i prefer fire punch>super power so you dont HAVE to switch out after one attack (usally cuz of low attack). Plus is hurts ferrothorn, scissor and forretress more badly.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
hmmm, banded Flygon will leave it outsped by scarf Mence and scarf Genesect. I'll try it out to see if it works, and give it Fire Punch > SuperPower, will update as soon as im on pc. Thank you lugia12 :D

EDIT: Flygon now has a Jolly nature, Fire Punch > SuperPower and Choice Band > Choice Scarf, it rocks :D Almost won me an OU tourney, but then I had to face [ SKY ] LiNKiN SHARK xD

Last edited:

Lugia12

Ik, i might try with jolly as well. You've tried it vs the other "stronger" dragons yet? Its very few mence with scarf out there so Flygon use to wrech him. Good luck ;)

Do you know what you outspeed with those 30ish extra speed? I wanna know! Maybe ill try jolly>adamant if you outspeeds anything important, if not it's nice with some extra power.

Note: people use to switch in ferrothorn when you start Outrage, whats nice i still use to damage 30-40% which is = 3HKO!

Last edited:
So this is a Volt Turn team eh? It's not a bad attempt I would guess.

Are you seriously lacking in Stealth Rock? What kind of Volt Turn is that? I mean, entry hazards are what makes Volt Turn teams so deadly, yet you don't have a single Pokemon that can lay down Stealth Rock. What's up with that? I would recommend using a Landorus-T with Stealth Rock, as it seems as a pretty fitting Poke on your team. What to replace it with, that's up to you (I would say Flygon though). Intimidate is useful at weakening Breloom.

Landorus-T @Leftovers
Intimidate
152 HP, 252 Atk, 108 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-U-turn
-Stone Edge

Another thing is that you have way too many unnecessary Choice Scarf users. Choice Scarf Genesect and Thundurus-T are fine, since Genesect is a pretty good Scarfer and Thundurus-T can check opposing Gensect since he's faster and all. But then you have Scarf Rotom-W and Scarf Scizor what? You don't need Scarf on Rotom-W. You have TWO revenge killers filling your revenge killing needs for things like Dragons. And then why do you have Choice Scarf on Scizor? Yeah, it catches stuff like Latios and Starmie off guard, but in all honesty you have Starmie checks just fine with Genesect and Thundurus-T lol. I would change Scizor to a Choice Band variant, and Rotom-W into a Bulky Attacker.

Scizor @Choice Band
Technician
248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Pursuit
-Superpower

Rotom-W @Leftovers
Levitate
112 HP, 252 SpA, 144 Spe
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Fire
-Pain Split

Also, you don't need so many Electric type Volt Switch users. So I'd recommend getting rid of Raikou for something to beat the likes of Gastrodon and Chansey, which are big threats to Volt Turn. When you build a Volt Turn team, you have to think about the very core of the team. Scizor and Rotom-W are your very core, and you have to be able to beat the threats that they can't handle. And that's where this team ultimately fails. You really have no way to beat Chansey (since they can take U-turns pretty easily, scout Superpower from Scizor) or Gastrodon which beats pretty much every one of your Pokes. So I would, to take out Raikou since it's pretty much useless, to give Choice Band Terrakion a try. It OHKOs Chansey and hurts Gastro a lot. Granted, it can't directly switch into Gastrodon, it at least gives you a fighting chance.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Thank you for your advice Messuduppotatoasia. Landorus seems like a great idea, but that would make me lose my Rock resistance. I'll try it out nonetheless.
On Scizor I'll keep my scarf, simply because the surprise KO on Latios and Starmie, the main HP [Fire] carrying pokes, also greatly aids Genesect, which has the same weakness.
Chansey and Gastro are usually not too much of a problem, with Rotom-W taking eviolite and scarfing her, and Gastro also doesn't enjoy a scarf. The Sea Slug will also be 2HKO'ed by Grass Knot.
I will also try your Rotom-W set, but with Ring Target > Leftovers and Trick > Will-o'-the-wisp. This way Gastro will be 2HKO'ed by Volt Switch.

Once again, thank you for your help =D

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
The reason I don't use Mence is the fact that it doesn't have U-Turn. And most probably Flygon will be replaced by Landorus-T.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Updated OP (a while ago, but this sounds better thn BUMP IMO)
My only problems now are sun teams, since Jirachi can't set up rocks when facing a Ninetales. Suggestions much appreciated.

It is gonna be hard to counter sun teams seeing that your team can get swept by venusaur. i might suggest replacing flygon with lati@s to stop venusaur with hp fire over hp ice, and if they do have hp ice then genesect would have no problem.
Also the ninetails problem can be solved by dugtrio, which can trap non-scarf ninetails and KO with EQ.what you want to replace is up to you. focus sash recommended in case of scarf ninetails

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
give thundurus thunder/bolt instead of grass know. genesect is begging for hasty. get that piece of **** item off of rotom. and why naive on jirachi? he only has physical attacks.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
It is gonna be hard to counter sun teams seeing that your team can get swept by venusaur. i might suggest replacing flygon with lati@s to stop venusaur with hp fire over hp ice, and if they do have hp ice then genesect would have no problem.
Also the ninetails problem can be solved by dugtrio, which can trap non-scarf ninetails and KO with EQ.what you want to replace is up to you. focus sash recommended in case of scarf ninetails
Thank you, I'll definately test them, along with Hydreigon, who might be great against sun teams.
give thundurus thunder/bolt instead of grass know. genesect is begging for hasty. get that piece of **** item off of rotom. and why naive on jirachi? he only has physical attacks.
Grass Knot is needed to KO Swampert, Hippowdon and the like. Why would Genesect be Hasty? Most fire attacks are special, and it alreasy got a scarf for the speed. Ring Target is a very effective item, to let me Volt Switch freely against teams with only one Ground type, as its Electric immunity is now eliminated. Naive on Jirachi is cuz its the only one I have.

Klaus™

Banned
saw some of the crap posts in this thread, and decided to clarify some stuff. possibly helping out in the process.

Grass Knot is needed to KO Swampert, Hippowdon and the like.

not really needed. swampert and hippowdon are literally almost never used. its stupid to have it. try a Nasty plot set and give it Thunderbolt> volt swich, hp ice, and, idk, dark pulse/focus blast.

remember, not everything on voltturn has to be u-turn- u-turn- volt switch- u-turn, etc etc. its always nice to have a good late game sweeper set up and take care of everything. (or superpower if you want on it)

Why would Genesect be Hasty? Most fire attacks are special,

agreed.
and it alreasy got a scarf for the speed.

yeah, but without the nature, i believe its outsped by quite a few common scarf pokemon. base 90 and up i believe. the power difference is negligible.

Ring Target is a very effective item, to let me Volt Switch freely against teams with only one Ground type, as its Electric immunity is now eliminated.

get rid of ring target. its a pretty bad set, and you can easily run a bulky-ish rotom-w with toxic> WoW to cripple gassy. pain split/toxic/volt switch/ hydro pump. toxic also takes care of blissey. if you plan on a trick-tom, scarf-tom is best.

a bulky+ volt turn set allows you to scout better, easing prediction and whatnot.

Naive on Jirachi is cuz its the only one I have.

may i suggest this:

jirachi @expert belt
naive
252 atk/ 252 Speed
- iron head
- fire punch/ thunder wave
- ice punch
- stealth rock/u-turn

works great to bluff a scarf/band set, or can function pretty much however you want.

also, get rid of explosion on genesect. genesect is way too valuable to explode. give it flamethrower/bug buzz instead. flamethrower for coverage, or bug buzz if you want to sweep late game.

btw, the +1 attack boost he can get is pretty great. if you are running it right, he should almost never use his other moves. only u-turn. momentum is key.

i also strongly suggest you invest in a rapid spinner or magic bounce pokemon.

flygon is pretty bad in ou(surprisingly), especially with the rise of thick fat+ focus sash mamoswine. you can replace it with a moxie mence to clean up some messes early game if wanted. sub+dragon dance+ outrage+ earthquake/fire blast is the sh*t.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Thanks for the advice, Darklord =D
I will genesect's nature, Rotom's item and moveset, and my Thundurus-T moveset. Jirachi I'll keep as he is, simply because he's the only way to recover health of my team.
Am looking to replace Flygon with a suitable spinner.

Thank you once more =D

Klaus™

Banned
Hello fellow members of Serebii :D
Welcome to my new RMT. This team was created, as I was trying something new, and it turned out to be a full VoltTurn team. I try to hit hard, fast and run, so good synergy was needed. I'm open to all suggestions. Without further ado, I present to you:

thundurus_sprite_by_legendkyurem97-d54rvop.gif

Voltolos (Thunderus-T) @ Choice Scarf
Modest nature
Volt Absorb
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Focus Blast
-Grass Knot Dark Pulse/Thunderbolt

Thunderus-T is used to be my lead, unless my opponent carries a Ground type. The scarf makes him Volt Switch fast, and due to the modest nature, it also hits pretty hard. May change it to timid nature, to outspeed jolly scarf Salamence, which is a big threat. Volt Switch is self-explanatory on a VoltTurn team, with HP [Ice] for predicted Ground switch-ins. Focus Blast is especially here for Ferrothorn. Grass Knot is for the water/ground types like Gastrodon, who could otherwise wall me.

gastrodon isnt 3hkoed by grass knot anyway(i think), and can ohko back with ice beam. take grass knot out for a coverage move.

649.gif

Paleozoico (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Naive nature
Download
4 SpA/252 SpA/252 Spe
-U-Turn
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

Genesect was the lead when the opponent does carry a Ground type. With Choice Scarf, max attack, naughty nature and a bit of luck in Download, U-Turn hits very hard. Explosion is to eliminate a big threat. Ice Beam is for Dragons, and Flamethrower is for the Fire move on this team. May change its nature to naive, for speed reasons, but the loss in power may be critical.

genesect needs the speed. the power difference is negligible(though i changed the evs around). scarf genesect can be a fantastic late game sweeper, but you are using him all wrong. what i see....is a utility poke. explosion? really? its a waste.

479-wash.gif

Ablutio (Rotom-W) @ Ring Target
Modest nature
Levitate
112 Hp/252 SpA/142 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Pain Split
-Trick

Rotom-W is probably the weakest link in this team, but its Fire resistance is very welcome. As another VoltTurner, Volt Switch is obligatory. Pain Split is now her to have pseudo-recovery. Hydro Pump is secondary STAB, and Trick is to screw walls like Gastrodon, as they lose their electric immunity.

again, i strongly recommend bulky-tom. the slow volt switch helps out a lot.

385.gif

Desiderium (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Naive nature
Serene Grace
252 Hp/4 Atk/252 Spe
-Iron Head
-Stealth Rock
-Wish
-U-Turn

Jirachi is replacing Scizor, because Jirachi has entry hazards, and Flygon was too good to give up. As he is my new lead, I use Iron Head to prevent others from settung up hazards. Wish is recovery, also for teammates. U-Turn does damage while switching. Stealth Rock is the entry hazards, that make this tam deadly, according to Messuduppoattoasia.

if your going to use wishrachi, 252 hp evs is a must.

243.gif

RAIKOU (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Rash nature
Pressure
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Aura Sphere
-Weather Ball
-Hidden Power [Ice]

Raikou has already gotten a great speed stat, so I gave him cool glasses to make him an extremely hard hitter. Volt Switch is STAB, and HP [Ice] is here for the 3rd time to KO incoming Ground types. Aura Sphere is a great move to handle Steel types, also explaining the unforunate Rash nature. Weather Ball is actually never used, but can be handy against sun teams.

330.gif

ArenaDraco (Flygon) @ Choice Band
Jolly
nature
Levitate
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Fire Punch

The final member is the Dragon that unfortunately isn't too powerful, but its resistances and immunities are much needed. U-Turn is to switch, and Outrage is STAB. Earthquake is secondary STAB, and Fire Punch is for Steels. Jolly nature is chosen for more speed, while the Band makes it a very hard hitter.

That was the team, thank you for reading. Please tell me how to improve my team. Suggestions much appreciated :D

just highlighted a few things in here to change

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
use a choice specs or lefties on rotom. (i don't care for grammer today.)

Jr Breshears

PKMN Breeder
So this is a Volt Turn team eh? It's not a bad attempt I would guess.

Are you seriously lacking in Stealth Rock? What kind of Volt Turn is that? I mean, entry hazards are what makes Volt Turn teams so deadly, yet you don't have a single Pokemon that can lay down Stealth Rock. What's up with that? I would recommend using a Landorus-T with Stealth Rock, as it seems as a pretty fitting Poke on your team. What to replace it with, that's up to you (I would say Flygon though). Intimidate is useful at weakening Breloom.

Landorus-T @Leftovers
Intimidate
152 HP, 252 Atk, 108 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-U-turn
-Stone Edge

Another thing is that you have way too many unnecessary Choice Scarf users. Choice Scarf Genesect and Thundurus-T are fine, since Genesect is a pretty good Scarfer and Thundurus-T can check opposing Gensect since he's faster and all. But then you have Scarf Rotom-W and Scarf Scizor what? You don't need Scarf on Rotom-W. You have TWO revenge killers filling your revenge killing needs for things like Dragons. And then why do you have Choice Scarf on Scizor? Yeah, it catches stuff like Latios and Starmie off guard, but in all honesty you have Starmie checks just fine with Genesect and Thundurus-T lol. I would change Scizor to a Choice Band variant, and Rotom-W into a Bulky Attacker.

Scizor @Choice Band
Technician
248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Pursuit
-Superpower

Rotom-W @Leftovers
Levitate
112 HP, 252 SpA, 144 Spe
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Fire
-Pain Split

Also, you don't need so many Electric type Volt Switch users. So I'd recommend getting rid of Raikou for something to beat the likes of Gastrodon and Chansey, which are big threats to Volt Turn. When you build a Volt Turn team, you have to think about the very core of the team. Scizor and Rotom-W are your very core, and you have to be able to beat the threats that they can't handle. And that's where this team ultimately fails. You really have no way to beat Chansey (since they can take U-turns pretty easily, scout Superpower from Scizor) or Gastrodon which beats pretty much every one of your Pokes. So I would, to take out Raikou since it's pretty much useless, to give Choice Band Terrakion a try. It OHKOs Chansey and hurts Gastro a lot. Granted, it can't directly switch into Gastrodon, it at least gives you a fighting chance.

When Messy says replace raikou with something to beat chansey and gastrodon I recommmend a BU Breloom..

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
236 HP / 204 Sp.D / 68 Spd
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
Seed Bomb
Drain Punch
Spore
Bulk Up

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Updated OP with new changes.

Thank you all, who helped me to upgrade my team, as I only lost one single battle since these changes have been made.

I don't know any particular threats to the team now, but if you see something that needs to be changed, please let me know.

EDIT: Conkeldurr f***s over my team. Got nothing against it :S

Last edited: