• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NO vehicles in the pokemon world

If you have tech that can convert animals into pure energy and data why dont you have transportation

Only Unova has a plane/car/trains

Why dont they use vehicles at all

Its like their not even modern or civilized in other regions

However in pokemon Red
in the museam there was a space ship
also there was a truck next to the SS Anne aswell
The only vehicles they do use is boats but still why no planes or cars

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Hoenn also had vehicles: the moving truck at the beginning of the game, Mr. Briney's boat, and the spaceship at Mossdeep. As well as the abandoned ship and the ship you ride to the Battle Tower/Frontier. Sinnoh also had a ship from Snowpoint to the Battle Frontier, and a boat to Iron Island. Johto had the SS Aqua between it and kanto, and the magnet train. If you want to include Orre, Wes had a hover-bike.

Anyway, there are three main reasons for the lack of usable vehicles in the games:

1) The routes aren't really long enough to justify the use of a car to go from one spot to another.

2) The games are made with a younger audience in mind, who cannot drive yet.

3) You encounter wild Pokemon while traveling on foot/by bike/while Surfing. You don't while on a boat or in a car (or on a plane, for that matter).

Last edited:

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
anyone ever consider the possibility that we just walk through the forest so we can find live pokemon instead of walking through piles of road kill? the regions are huge yet we only traverse a small portion of it, its very likly that we just take the scenic route and right next to route X theres a highway connecting to other citys.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Well, there's the bike - a human powered mechanical vehicle XD

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I normally just assumed that most cars weren't drawn because that would be a pain for the designers, because if you're travelling on foot, you will see lots of cars.

Just my noobish two cents.

Exodd

A big theme in the games is cooperation with the Pokemon, which includes not destroying their habitats by building large amounts of vehicles and roads that could be dangerous for them. Pokemon are often used for transportion anyway.

Last edited:

randomspot555

Vehicles of various types exist, but what isn't common is vehicles for personal transportation.

The most common vehicles in the anime, for example, are driven by professors/researchers, police/security, and Team Evil Organization, all of which are being driven due to their jobs. The only major character that I recall ever having a vehicle for personal transportation was Gary Oak, and even he no longer has one.

As others have said, the routes aren't really designed with cars in mind, but many of the cities do have some sort of pavement so that...well, small vehicles could at least be used.

DrasticPhase

Half ded
You do not need vehicles in polemon
fly to transport you faster
bike can be your car
to go through water is surf
diving underwater is dive
the only thing you cant do is go in space because i dont think theres any pokemon(except deoxys) can go through space

Sircharles

Marijuantsome?
Cars are for grown ups. Just ride your bike everywhere like In the games. Lol! Sinnoh has a trolly in the safari place.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Pokemon is pretty much an eco-friendly world. Perchance they limit vehicles to prevent global warming XD That and the routes are so short, road+cards don't really warrant it.

NDStilly

You can't say that there is no transportation "BESIDES" such and such. There IS transportation, just no useable cars, trucks, or planes. Why? Because it's game.

Also, your character uses a truck in Pokemon Emerald. Your character arrives in Littleroot in the furniture moving truck.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Let's not forget the infamous truck at the Vermillion Port.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
I wouldn't mind the addition of vehicles in the games.

But fatalities for trainers and their Pokémon on the road would unfortunately raise.

Consequences, consequences.

A big theme in the games is cooperation with the Pokemon, which includes not destroying their habitats by building large amounts of vehicles and roads that could be dangerous for them. Pokemon are often used for transportion anyway.

My thoughts exactly. Why use a car when you have Pokemon like Rapidash and Fearow?

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
gary oak got a red car
and junitper got a car/golf like cart in BW23/BW24*banned team rocket eps*

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
We are living in a Pokemon World!

So there's no point in adding vehicles since the Pokemon provide transport for you.
Maybe that's the plan of Gamefreak. Pokemon helps humans with everyday things so that transport is not required.