• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No weather, no baton pass, not even a dragon.

chuckeroo777

#1 Bug Type Fan
So this is my team. Its a somewhat hyper offence, but it switches when nessissary. It is mainly built around my three favorites, Scizor, metagross, and volcarona.

swampert.png

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
My lead, and typical curspert. Stealth rock is awesome, but i have to watch out for espeon. He is a tank, and no lead's priority move can really do much. Water and ground may not have the best coverage, but they super-effective hit some very common pokemon.

volcarona.jpg

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun
My favorite pokemon, and a great sweeper. It is designed to be bulky, and leftovers/morning sun is better from my experiance than chesto/rest, as it gives me more than one heal, and heals over time. Once i get a few quiver dances up, i usually heal, then wreak their team. While morning sun is risky, with excadrill gone, tyranitar is less popular, and politoad has been steadly loosing popularity due to the frequent bans of excellent drizzle abusers. Why they don't just ban politoad outright, I don't know. Ninetails has been more common, and that vastly powers up my volcarona.

scizor.jpg

Scizor (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Technician
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Scizor has always been a favorite, and is capable of wreaking almost everything with its bullet punch. Bug bite is even more powerful, though slow. Get in Swords dance, and all but steels fall. Lum berry to prevent burn mainly.

images

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
Another powerful pokemon, metagross packs pure power, as well as agility and great bulk! A simple boost sweeper, meteor mash for power, earthquake for coverage. Ice punch may seem an odd choice, but it has saved my team many times, as none of my other pokemon have an ice move, which is key agenst my pokemon, like gliscor, dragonite, salamenace, and... thats pretty much it. But freeze hax have won me a game a few times.

starmie.jpg

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Recover/Ice Beam
Most teams have two or three pokemon to deal with team weaknesses, but starmie deals with all my weaknesses all in one. Thunderbolt wreaks gyarados, a key threat, and rapid spin removes stealth rocks before volcarona comes to sweep. Scald has good coverage, and an awesome 30% burn chance. I can't decide between Recover and ice beam.

Breloom.png

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Mach Punch
Breloom makes for a great late game sweeper, sporing anything that gets in its way. Pity pokemon online has that annoying sleep clause... But in wifi, it wreaks, i spore, they switch. I spore, they switch. Once i spore once, dynamic puch is a free hit, if they stay, or switch. mach punch for finishing, seed bomb for coverage.

So what do you think? It could use some work, partictularly with items.

Swagga09

So this is my team. Its a somewhat hyper offence, but it switches when nessissary. It is mainly built around my three favorites, Scizor, metagross, and volcarona.

swampert.png

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Def
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
My lead, and typical curspert. Stealth rock is awesome, but i have to watch out for espeon. He is a tank, and no lead's priority move can really do much. Water and ground may not have the best coverage, but they super-effective hit some very common pokemon.

Careful Nature to give him special bulk. Curse is going to boost his physical bulk and power anyway. With Special Bulk and Physical Bulk, He will be a B*tch to take down.

volcarona.jpg

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun
My favorite pokemon, and a great sweeper. It is designed to be bulky, and leftovers/morning sun is better from my experiance than chesto/rest, as it gives me more than one heal, and heals over time. Once i get a few quiver dances up, i usually heal, then wreak their team. While morning sun is risky, with excadrill gone, tyranitar is less popular, and politoad has been steadly loosing popularity due to the frequent bans of excellent drizzle abusers. Why they don't just ban politoad outright, I don't know. Ninetails has been more common, and that vastly powers up my volcarona.

scizor.jpg

Scizor (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Technician
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Scizor has always been a favorite, and is capable of wreaking almost everything with its bullet punch. Bug bite is even more powerful, though slow. Get in Swords dance, and all but steels fall. Lum berry to prevent burn mainly.

images

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
Another powerful pokemon, metagross packs pure power, as well as agility and great bulk! A simple boost sweeper, meteor mash for power, earthquake for coverage. Ice punch may seem an odd choice, but it has saved my team many times, as none of my other pokemon have an ice move, which is key agenst my pokemon, like gliscor, dragonite, salamenace, and... thats pretty much it. But freeze hax have won me a game a few times.

starmie.jpg

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Speed / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Recover/Ice Beam
Most teams have two or three pokemon to deal with team weaknesses, but starmie deals with all my weaknesses all in one. Thunderbolt wreaks gyarados, a key threat, and rapid spin removes stealth rocks before volcarona comes to sweep. Scald has good coverage, and an awesome 30% burn chance. I can't decide between Recover and ice beam.

Lmao. Defensiive/bulky starmie would never work. EVER. And Scald sucks for sweepers like starmie. Scald is only for bulkier pokemon to utilize. Surf or Hydro Pump would do alot better

Breloom.png

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Mach Punch
Breloom makes for a great late game sweeper, sporing anything that gets in its way. Pity pokemon online has that annoying sleep clause... But in wifi, it wreaks, i spore, they switch. I spore, they switch. Once i spore once, dynamic puch is a free hit, if they stay, or switch. mach punch for finishing, seed bomb for coverage.

So what do you think? It could use some work, partictularly with items.

comments in bold

Last edited:

Darkrai1117

Fear the night...
3 of the 6 Pokemon are weak to Fire, with Volcarona taking neutral damage, and Starmie has terrible defences. I would change something there, like possibly a Conkeldurr in place of Breloom, or a Flash Fire Chandelure in place of Volcarona. I haven't checked the synergy, but those are just some suggestions.

megamanox

i swear u cnt put to sleep more than one poke also be careful of pokes wit vital spirt espescilly magmortar he can have hp grass for swampert flamet for siz breloom nd meta nd tbolt for starmie

Penance

Regirox
Did anybody understand the above post?

McDanger

ya he said magmorter with vital spirit can use hidden power grass on swampert, flamethrower on scizor, breloom, and metagross, and thunderbolt on starmie

Starmie does have poor defences and its a really bad idea to have 1 pokemon take all your weaknesses, also maybe add a scarf user to revenge kill

Ilan

Did anybody understand the above post?

nope...

as for starmie ice beam you said yourself you need more ice attacks and recover is useless as starmie won't survive much...
IDK what with you but I prefer the sweeper volcarona the one with HP rock and some build with some HP and full SP.attack (and with that defence and stealth rock weakness how it's bulid bulky? I use it on a HO team it is my ace sweeper :D.

as for the huge fire wekness... you need something to resist it X4 or being immune to it... you could switch breeloom for heatran or something...