• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No weather, standard RMT

Cinderace @ choice band
Blaze
Adamant 252 att 252 sp 4 hp

Pyro ball
Hi jump kick
Gunk shot
U turn

Pretty solid lead, good speed tier to u-turn out and get a priority switch in. Very few things can take a banded pyro ball or hi jump kick, with gunk shot for unresisted coverage. One of my main dynamax candidates.

Gyarados @ wacan berry
Intimidate
Adamant 252 att 252 sp 4 hp

Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Ice fang
Earthquake

Standard DD gyara. nothing flashy here, My main dynamax choice. after 1 or 2 dragon dances and rain from max geyser, this thing sweeps with extreme prejudice.

Hatterene @ assault vest
Magic bounce
Modest 252 HP 252 sp d 4 def

Mystic fire
Aromatherapy
Dazzling gleam
Psychic/Giga drain

Special wall, hazard denial and cleric. Cinderace cannot afford to be paralyzed, neither can gyara, and keeps a burn from neutering him. Solid wall that hits hard as well. Undecided on giga drain or Psychic to punish poison switch ins.

Hydreigon @ choice scarf
Levitate
Modest 252 sp att 252 speed 4 HP

Draco Meteor
Earth power/Flamethrower
Flash cannon
Dark Pulse

Revenge killer, pretty standard stuff. Undecided on earth power or flamethrower for coverage, but flash cannon nails obvious fairy type switch ins pretty hard, dark pulse for secondary reliable stab. Draco meteor is draco meteor.

Ferrothorn @ leftovers
Iron barbs
Relaxed 252 HP 252 def 4 sp def

Stealth rock
Spikes
Power whip/Thunder wave
Gyro ball

Hazard setter and physical wall. Undecided on thunder wave, my team is relatively slow and has no tailwind support so i feel like i need paralysis support, but after 8 gyro balls ferro is essentially death fodder.

Lucario @ choice specs
Inner Focus
Modest 252 sp att 252 speed 4 HP

Aura Sphere
Flash cannon
Shadow ball
Dragon Pulse

Use the momentum generated by cinderace's u-turn to hit something hard on the switch every time. Standard specs luc is standard. Might consider a nasty plot salac berry variant, would probs switch nature to timid, and get rid of dragon pulse for nasty plot, but i honestly feel like this set is more viable.

So, that is my competitive team! Very interested in feedback, as well as suggestions on my undecided criteria. Thanks in advance!

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You can't get Hatterene and Cinderace in Sun and Moon. Lucario is better mega evolving. Mega Lucario hits harder than Specs Lucario on STAB moves, is significantly faster, and can switch between moves. Also, list what format you're battling in. Singles, doubles, royals.

Last edited:
You can't get Hatterene and Cinderace in Sun and Moon. Lucario is better mega evolving. Mega Lucario hits harder than Specs Lucario on STAB moves, is significantly faster, and can switch between moves. Also, list what format you're battling in. Singles, doubles, royals.

i thought this was sword and shield rmt, singles format. where do i find that?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
There actually isn't a Gen 8 competitive section at all yet. I requested one a while ago but never got a response. I'm not sure if we're supposed to post Gen 8 RMTs in this section or the general Sw/Sh discussion section that SLB linked to.