Big news time, everyone.
I've started the reconstruction process of the Ultimate Journey. The only way this league is going to collapse again with the Firebrand at the helm is over my dead body (and don't you be getting any ideas...)
I've opened the invitation to the upper echelons on facebook first, and the response has been overwhelming. Here's the people I've got so far, and the types already on the table...
-Fire, Feralninja (naturally)
-Ice, Nox Invictus
I still need 3 more people. We're going to have nine gym leaders and then the elite four. Don't worry about the Champion slot. Drop me a line if you're interested, and tell me what type you want. There won't be any auditions this time, it'll be more like the first time we got this league going. Once I've got the slots filled (or at least three more), I'll start arranging people into ranks based on... well, a couple factors. More on that later.
Now, there's going to be some changes in the rules from the Displeased Owl administration. Let's get right down to business.
1. All battles will now be held in the "flat" style, meaning level 50 all, and limits on the number of pokemon. This is in the interest of fairness. You can still pick the battle style, but they MUST be flat rule. This also means that any legendary banned from battle facilities is subsequently banned here.
2. Leaders: If you do not come online for roughly a month, your position is revoked
. There needs to be a commitment for this, people. If I'm trying to get in touch with you, and you don't come online for a while, how will that message be received? Even if you're an e4 member, and don't need to worry about challengers for a while (if ever...), there may (and likely will be) things I need all my leaders to hear.
3. I have also changed the rules for wildcards. If your battle style of choice is double, rotation, or triple, you have no change. But if you choose single battle, then you do not get
a wild card. This is due to the fact that unlike fourth gen, single battles can only be done in flat rule with 3 pokemon, and if you have a type-trumping wild card (say Swampert or Sceptile for my gym), then literally a whole third
of your team lies outside the chosen type.
4. There is now a leauge-wide species clause and items clause. This applies to both leaders and challengers. To anyone who doesn't know what this means... You cannot have two pokemon of the same species, and no pokemon can have the same hold item. In practice, that means I can't bring two Charizards, or I can't give both my Ninetales and Chandelure Passho Berries. Most leaders already had this rule, but I'm simply making it official.
5. If you're down to your last pokemon and you disconnect, you lose. You can blame your router all you want but thats how it's going down. It will certainly look like a ragequit. It's simply inconsiderate to your opponent.
Those are the only changes I have at the moment. If more arise, I'll be sure to include them. If there are any questions or concerns with these rules, bring them up with me, and I will address them.
So in closing... let's bring this back. I know a lot of you have been waiting for it. I'm not going to let this all fall to pieces again. The Firebrand is blazing a way to the future for us, bright as a newborn sun.
"I'm through accepting limits because someone says they're so. Somethings I cannot change, but until I try, I'll never know~."