• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Since we really haven't had any battle/trade discussion in a while, I'll start one up. I have the ability to breed DW dratini, DW murkrow, and DW vulpix, for anyone interested. Looking for some other rare DW ability pokemon, while I'm at it.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Since we really haven't had any battle/trade discussion in a while, I'll start one up. I have the ability to breed DW dratini, DW murkrow, and DW vulpix, for anyone interested. Looking for some other rare DW ability pokemon, while I'm at it.

I could be fine with trading for Dratini and/or Vulpix. What would you like, as I only have the basic places. :( By the way, when is the league going to begin (people set into ranks for leaders, elites, champs and the whole challenger to the gyms thing)?

Last edited:

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
does anyone have a good moveset suggestion for kabutops? begging the training of my rock team, wondering what people think might be best

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
does anyone have a good moveset suggestion for kabutops? begging the training of my rock team, wondering what people think might be best

First thought: Something for the grass types who will otherwise sit there and giga-drain you to death, just in case...

It looks like you can breed in Aurora Beam from the likes of Shellder and Speal lines, That gives you a contingency if your wildcard (if you can even have one by the way you setup your gym) gets trumped. I wouldn't rely on it, but it does give you a backup.

Feral: I woul;d be very interested in the Vulpix. What would you like, I probably don't have it, but we'll see.

Last edited:

NaturalTrainer

NCTHUJ Dragon GL
Just checking up here to see how everyone is doing.

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader
Hey all so not much recent news apart from welcome Ciliano to the group. Oh yeah Feralninja is bringing the league back in a massive way, so look out for that soon.

I'd like to kindly ask that if anyone new wants to join the group or if you know of anyone who wants to join, that they ask Dracoburn, Feralninja, XMan96, Natural Trainer or :342: about this, they'll let me know over facebook or something since I'm never on here

Ciliano

Hello! I'm Ciliano and I'm new and stuff. I've been battling competitively for almost 2 years, but I decided that spending months to create one team was too much of a hassle. Non-competitive battling is less time consuming and involves even more skill than competitive battles in my opinion.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Hello! I'm Ciliano and I'm new and stuff. I've been battling competitively for almost 2 years, but I decided that spending months to create one team was too much of a hassle. Non-competitive battling is less time consuming and involves even more skill than competitive battles in my opinion.

Welcome! Word of warning, you stick aroud this place too long, and you'll likely end up getting drafted into making an appearence in one the several NCTH fics running around, you got a character in your head for yourself? It's not mandatory, but we enjo ourselves and many of us enjoy writing for fun.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm pulling out of the club.

I've recently gotten into comp batteling and EV training as i am now going to manage a gym on the Pokemonaus forums website

EV training is against what this club stands for, so i will leave

Ciao everyone!!

(if you wish to challenge this gym, I'll Be called Selvaria)

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Guys, I'm pulling out of the club.

I've recently gotten into comp batteling and EV training as i am now going to manage a gym on the Pokemonaus forums website

EV training is against what this club stands for, so i will leave

Ciao everyone!!

(if you wish to challenge this gym, I'll Be called Selvaria)

Aww, sorry to see you go. Oh well, best of luck in your gaming!

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Darmanitan

So while working on my team for my psychic gym and I came to something: Darmanitan with Zen Mode. Is that a wild card or a legal Dual Psychic/Fire and does anyone know of a good movepool that would be able to hold its own in battle? :555d:

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
I'm going to rule that Zen Mode would be a wild card, because it doesn't start the battle as a psychic type. If it was psychic and then became fighting, I'd allow it. But since it has to enter battle as a fighting type, I can't in good conscience allow it to be considered psychic.

I personally don't use darmanitan (didn't fit right with my current team dynamic) but I've toyed around with a few. Even without Iron Fist, its physical attacks are really powerful, but if you have a zen mode one, flare blitz is the way to go. Also, focus blast and flamethrower work very well in zen mode.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
I'm going to rule that Zen Mode would be a wild card, because it doesn't start the battle as a psychic type. If it was psychic and then became fighting, I'd allow it. But since it has to enter battle as a fighting type, I can't in good conscience allow it to be considered psychic.

I personally don't use darmanitan (didn't fit right with my current team dynamic) but I've toyed around with a few. Even without Iron Fist, its physical attacks are really powerful, but if you have a zen mode one, flare blitz is the way to go. Also, focus blast and flamethrower work very well in zen mode.

Ok, then do you have a psychic you can recommend to replace it,as I can't think of who else to include. Also, as good as information as it is, Darmanitan is a fire type, not fighting

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
I'd personally recommend an Alakhazam, Reuniclus, or Gothorita.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Ok, then do you have a psychic you can recommend to replace it,as I can't think of who else to include. Also, as good as information as it is, Darmanitan is a fire type, not fighting

What do you already have? I would suggest something with a good secondary type, as synergy is key even in monotype teams. Maybe Victini if you still want a fire-type.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
What do you already have? I would suggest something with a good secondary type, as synergy is key even in monotype teams. Maybe Victini if you still want a fire-type.

I have Magic Bounce Espeon, Gallade, Wobbuffet, Metagross, Starmie, and I could put DW Exeggutor, but it has awful everything. The thing with Victini, I would, but the Flat battle style doesn't allow it

Firebrand

Indomitable
As stated, Alakazam is THE psychic type. It has a diverse movepool, good stats, and is cool, plain and simple. I'd also recomend Sigilyph for some diversity, Reuniclus for walling potential, and Jynx for trick rooming, skill swaping and ice punching insanity.

TBH, I'm not sure on wobuffet. There's a reason he's banned from most comp play. I... I may need to make a ruling on this one...

Ciliano

Welcome! Word of warning, you stick aroud this place too long, and you'll likely end up getting drafted into making an appearence in one the several NCTH fics running around, you got a character in your head for yourself? It's not mandatory, but we enjo ourselves and many of us enjoy writing for fun.

Unfortunately I do not have a character in mind, but I would love a random cameo.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
As stated, Alakazam is THE psychic type. It has a diverse movepool, good stats, and is cool, plain and simple. I'd also recomend Sigilyph for some diversity, Reuniclus for walling potential, and Jynx for trick rooming, skill swaping and ice punching insanity.

TBH, I'm not sure on wobuffet. There's a reason he's banned from most comp play. I... I may need to make a ruling on this one...

I guess this just isn't my day. I can see how Wobuffet is controversial, though. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Unfortunately I do not have a character in mind, but I would love a random cameo.

The more you hang around here you'll have something come to mind, or at least I did. If ever bored go and check out the fics that have been created by the people here. Hours of enjoyment. Just ask if you ever want to be in my first and I'll try to fit you in somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.