• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
The Firebrand claims victory over the Mad Professor. If only the Destroyer of Worlds did not need to be sacrificed...

I'm just estatic I managed to get one! And that darned Archeops of yours got darned lucky avoiding Blizzard like that.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Oh, he's faced Shiva's wrath now. You don't get too far against me without it.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I feel accomplished I won one battle. The other two are a different story. :(
Hey, don't get down. I figured out halfway through the rotation a way to deal with Wobbuffet. Your Gallade and Blaziken are good team members, they really cover your arse in terms of type weaknesses. And honestly, if Shiva wasn't a team staple of mine, Starmie might have given me some trouble.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Hey, don't get down. I figured out halfway through the rotation a way to deal with Wobbuffet. Your Gallade and Blaziken are good team members, they really cover your arse in terms of type weaknesses. And honestly, if Shiva wasn't a team staple of mine, Starmie might have given me some trouble.

Yeah, Wobuffet is a demon who is primarily to find out if trainers can withstand the full wrath of a psychic type. The only reason I realized Starmie was so powerful was from my battle with Shiniesrock. I think, though, the team will be able to do some damage to the average joe challenger...

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Alright, gonna finally do the stupid gym post, even though I'm an elite so I won't have challengers for awhile..

Narrowed eyes track movement as a human forces themself through the intimidating Twist Mountains. The guard begins to relax when they notice that the challenger takes the turn that would bring them to the summit rather than simply passing through. At the peak, a set of Pokemon take to the skies to warm up for an epic battle, as a challenger must be at top form to make it to the Elite Four of the League of Heroes.

My name is Becca, and I am the Mistress of the Mountains. If you can beat the rest of the league, hit me up with a PM.

Alright, so if we're having a battle, it will be either single or double battles. Probably single. My rules aren't too strict or non-negotiable. You can use anything not banned by flat rules or by Feralninja. Voice chat will be off. I work, so it may be difficult to set up a battle, but I'll do my best. Alright. I'll post more when the time comes and people are able to beat the gym leaders. Cool. You happy now, Feral?

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
Gym Post for me.

*On the sign just outside of the Frozen Tower, a building made of ice, reminiscent of chinese architecture.*

Those who have beaten the three before me, and who have braved the cold mountain slopes from Snowpoint Temple are to be commended, and have easily earned the right to take on my gym. My name is Mathieu, the Frost Wizard.

The Rules are as follows; The battle type is the choice of the challenger. Voice Chat is indeed available, but by default it will be off, unless asked for. Anything that follows the rules set by Feralninja are fine. Simply shoot me a message to challenge me.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Okay, thank you everyone. All the gym posts are now linked, except for Tysuya's. He has requested a type change to water, so I have updated that. As it stands now, if a challenger that was not a gym leader took on the league, they could get all eight badges (you know, hypothetically. I doubt people will beat me).

Anyways, this has worked very smoothly, and I thank you all for that. Once I get that last gym post, I'll get DO to put that exact information in the first post, so no matter who comes to the thread, they can see our league, and access us easily. I wish you all the best in your future challenges.

Now, let's go out and spread the word that we're back in buisness. I want more to claim victory over more than just you people!

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I would say Surf, as Scald only has a 30% percent chance to burn, which is less reliable than Surf's extra 15 power. In some circumstances, however, Scald is more useful.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
I would say Surf, as Scald only has a 30% percent chance to burn, which is less reliable than Surf's extra 15 power. In some circumstances, however, Scald is more useful.

Ok cool. For now I'm starting to believe Surf is better for what I need. Thanks.

dracoburn

Lance's protege

Firebrand

Indomitable
No, but the logic in that question is sound. For example, an Emboar can learn scald, as can other fire types. And scald will be much more effective against rock and ground types than flamethrower. But on a pokemon that can learn either surf or scald, go surf.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Blazi: One thing to keep in mind, is the PKMN getting Surf going into any doubles, as last I checked Surf had become one of the "all emnemies and Ally" moves, which is one thing thatr Scald doesn't do, blow your partner mon out of the water.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Blazi: One thing to keep in mind, is the PKMN getting Surf going into any doubles, as last I checked Surf had become one of the "all emnemies and Ally" moves, which is one thing thatr Scald doesn't do, blow your partner mon out of the water.

Yeah. I have made a team the will be able to do well with the "hitting all allies too" clause.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Which sounds an awlful lot like "I have a team that works around Water Absorb. Just sayin'

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Which sounds an awlful lot like "I have a team that works around Water Absorb. Just sayin'

And since no Psychics have Water Absorb, we know what to expect from his wild card! Yay teamwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.