• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Is there anyone who can battle me Today or Monday at 2:00 to 5:00 PST(GMT-8)? If so, pm or vm me, or simply post. My FC is 1807-4306-0668 and my character name is XEMNAS. (yes, i also like KH)

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
You're what, four hours behind Indiana? I should be around in a few hours if you're looking for a gym match, if mom and I don't take off looking for railroad bridges that aren't there anymore. Tee hee.

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
I'm in California,we're like, 3 hours off, I'll be ready at about 2:30 here, which is 5:30 where your at, ok. I'll be ready for the gym match. BTW, whats your FC

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Firebrand musings: would Overheat or Flamethrower work better with Chandelure? The Spec Attack is high enough to justify the drop, especially on a Choice set, but... I don't know, I'm a man who likes options.

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
I might try Overheat, since the spAtk is high. Be wary, for overuse of Overheat may cause problems.Lol.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I might try Overheat, since the spAtk is high. Be wary, for overuse of Overheat may cause problems.Lol.

And depending on how long Chadelure is out for, that drop may not matter. If all you really need him for is a single hit, you might be alright. If you expect him to be out slogging for a while, and I prefer to have that p[tion open, then Flamethrower is the better choice.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Firebrand musings: would Overheat or Flamethrower work better with Chandelure? The Spec Attack is high enough to justify the drop, especially on a Choice set, but... I don't know, I'm a man who likes options.

I would actually meet yourself in the middle and go with Fire Blast. That's what I use for my Chandelure, and it's the star of my gym team.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Blegh, Fire Blast is too inaccurate for my taste. No, I think I'll run Overheat for now, see how that works.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
It depends how long you want to take. If you have the time and motivation, Heat Wave is an egg move, and one of my favorite fire type moves.

Firebrand

Indomitable
It depends how long you want to take. If you have the time and motivation, Heat Wave is an egg move, and one of my favorite fire type moves.

Nah, this Chandelure's a shiny, breeding's not an option. But that aside, I do like Heat Wave, and it's a staple in a fire gym.

ThePhoenixarisen9

Blazing Spirit
Anybody want a gym battle or gym war? I can battle right now. FC is in my sig.

And Feral, if you're going for specslure, overheat is your best bet.

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Slow time for me I guess. Anyway, is anyone up for a battle? I will probably be free for the rest of today and I really just want to use my multi-typed team.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
So what has everyone been up to? I haven't gotten on my games recently, Bioware currently has all of my gaming time tied up at the moment (Mass Effect 3 and Star Wars) but I hope to start a White scramble challenge soon. Looks like things are still lively around here.

Keyo61491

Hakumei Tenshi
Due to technical difficulties, I will be unavailable for Gym battles until further notice...

dracoburn

Lance's protege

Stole what I was gonna say.

EMBER! Just kidding.

What kind of battle do you plan on using it in? Rotations, like you always do?

It sounds like a fascinating idea to run doubles, pair two fire types, both with Flash Fire as their abilities, and make each of them use Flame Burst. Seems like the only way to really make use of that move, but it might be a decent strategy to pair with Heat Wave or Overheat.

Same goes for Lava Plume. Might be a good way to put DW Typhlosion into rotation; perhaps pair it with Houndoom, Heatran or Flareon? Feelin' hot, hot, hot.. ;157;

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Okay, so I have good news and bad news, the good news is that I now have a wireless router, the bad news is that my brother deleted my black version file, so I just have to replay that and I should be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.