• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Yeah, these games are going to be really awesome and I can't wait for them to come out. And I'm new here to NCTH, BIGJRA is the name.
(I just made myself sound way too formal)

Haha, welcome to our group. I think everyone's excited, especially if it comes out around August for Great Britian, then it'll probably be the same week for the states. Game Freak is pulling all of the unexpected announcements! What will they announce next?

By the way, nice signature.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
YAY 800 REPLIES TO THIS THREAD.

That is all.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I am a new player I would like 2 join the non comp leauge group pleas e

Since we kinda steam-rolled Muramasa's post, and I was waiting for "The Powers That Be" to make the initial decision, but I'm going to pull the post back up to the surface so that peeps don't feel left out.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Chapter Five of Draco's Quest is up.

Cool. I've checked in.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I decided to raise a DW Espeon based on one of my irl cats, Mia. She's in her early fifties and just OHKOd Marshal's Toxicroak before it could even blink. I think that's a good sign, don't you?

Last edited:

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
That satisfying feeling when one of your chapters just falls into place. The end of TurnsCH15:Recoil is probably one of my best ones so far. I'd love to put it up now, I'm just that proud of it, but alas, I must wait for the proper time to post up CH14:No Witnesses, Pt1 first.

And the astute reader will notice that CH15 is not No Witnesses, Pt2. There will be a Pt2, just not sequential.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Random question: does anyone actually use eject button/red card? I could see it usefull on regenerator or zoroark sets, but outside of a gimmick, I don't really see the use.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Random question: does anyone actually use eject button/red card? I could see it usefull on regenerator or zoroark sets, but outside of a gimmick, I don't really see the use.

Truthfully, I'd never given it that much thought, outside of a "Huh. That's nice." I can see a Regenerator Revenger definately pulling it off if you've got someone who's actually worht squat with Regenerator, get in there, Kill, get out of the way.

With Zoroark, You only really get one surprise anyway, then the opponent knows you have a Zoroark and the cover ID Pokemon as well. I prefer to set Zory up so that the opponent will switch in someone that Zoroark is strong against, and then trump 'em quickly that way, but even there you're hand is half tipped.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Oh, yeah, I use 'em all the time on my gym team. Water, rock and ground types/moves are prevalent, so it's nice if Charizard can withstand a rockslide or Infernape a deluge. Since most fire types are glass cannons anyway, it may give you just the cushion you need to activate blaze and inflict some serious damage.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Of course, welcome to the fold! If you have any questions about us or our league, or just want to chat, feel free to drop me a line.

dracoburn

Lance's protege

I imagine it would also work with Retaliate, actually make that move rather useful.. Stick it on a tank or a revenge killer and you can revenge kill TWICE. Without wasting a turn on switching, I mean.

Keyo61491

Hakumei Tenshi
*SIGH* Due to parental difficulties I am once again unavailable for gym battles until further notice

Scaldaver

Limitless
Hey, I'd like to join. It sounds like there are loads that feel the way i do about CB. This is my story.

Everytime I want to restart a pokemon game, I say to myself 'Get Pokemon u like! Enjoy this game! Don't worry about strategy.' Then theres a delay, and my mind starts racing. When I wanted to start Emerald, I wanted to get pokemon I didn't normally get. So, I thought, Treecko, Ninjask, Slaking, Slugma and Gyarados. I never normally have them. Then my stupid strategic mind kicked in. What about the wall, Skarmory? Or manetric? And Mudkip for a starter - it's better. I got halfway through the game. I got to catching skarmory. Then, I think, why not get one with the right nature? I caught about ten, and bred about 15. Then I thought, I'll EV train it, against Geodudes. Then, after raising one a few levels, I wanted one with roar, so I had to breed more. Then, I realised the movesets would be better if I got them in black and white, so I stopped playing.
All this wasted time, born of peer pressure Pokemon competitiveness..

Last edited:

Keyo61491

Hakumei Tenshi
Due to false alarms I am once again availible for Gym battles

Firebrand

Indomitable
Chapter 43 of Hero's Path, Empty Chairs, is now up, containing one of my favorite songs in the history of musical theater. If it doesn't bring a tear to your eye, I officially disassociate myself from you.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Status
Not open for further replies.