• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
I'll probably end up buying it to keep me busy until BW2's release. It (to me) looks like the Gen. 5 version of Ranger. Yeah, I'm probably getting it. (when does it come out?)
 

Charze

Always flyin'
How are people feeling about Pokemon Conquest? Thinking about buying it, or skipping it?

Personally, I haven't played a good turn-based strategy since my Fire Emblem days, and this looks like it has a lot of depth and good stuff in it. It seems just deep and complex enough to hold my attention while not bogging me down in a bunch of strange mechanics. Not to mention I haven't bought a game for any console since White version, so I think I can allow myself a little indulgence.

I'll probably buy it. I need to read up on it more though.

Also, how do the NCTH gym challenges work? :p
 

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
I'll probably buy it. I need to read up on it more though.

Also, how do the NCTH gym challenges work? :p

PM the leader you want to challenge. Make sure you read their rules first, so you know what you're getting into. Plus, some (including me) have a phrase/word you have to put in your challenge so we know that you have in fact read our specific rules. You can Role Play your challenge, which is preferred just for the people's entertainment. There's no order, so go for whatever leader you think you can most easily get their badge!

And welcome Sprite!
 

Firebrand

Indomitable
I preordered it cause Gamestop said that doing so would unlock tons of passwords.

I figure that since the passwords are "one size fits all", serebii will put them on the main site and save me $5.
 

Charze

Always flyin'
I figure that since the passwords are "one size fits all", serebii will put them on the main site and save me $5.

You don't lose $5, they just hold one for you and you pay $5 less when you buy it.

Also, are the gym leaders on the OP still the current Gym Leaders?

EDIT: Well, the Water Gym Leader hasn't been on for a month, better try a different one...
 
Last edited:

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
I'm going to check out the game. It seems like fun, and it'll tide me over before the release of BW2.

Also, yeah, it's not an extra five dollars to pre-order the game. For example, if the game was fifty dollars, you pre-order it for five, then when you buy it for real, you pay only forty-five. ...At least, that's how it was when I last pre-prdered a game.

I noticed an empty spot in the E4. How do you all work about assigning positions?
 

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Everyone: the current list of leaders and elites can be found on page 17! Feral posted the general league's rules and the list is right below that.

Edit: follow this link to the post! League Rules and Leaders
 
Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Anyway, Tysuya has since been promoted to E4. TheNorthWind is now a gmy leader and... I'll have to go back and look at that list tomorrow. I don't think I changed it after the last restructuring.
 

dracoburn

Lance's protege
I figure that since the passwords are "one size fits all", serebii will put them on the main site and save me $5.

Serebii will eventually post them, but I was preordering W2 anyway, so.. Plus I have thousands of points to burn, so I can get another five if I spend some of my points. And I figure getting the passwords sooner means unlocking that Riolu sooner..
 

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I figure that since the passwords are "one size fits all", serebii will put them on the main site and save me $5.

I'd be careful about that. Nintendo seems to be pretty lazy so you should be fine, but when Gamestop get the excluzives for other things, like the TF games from High Moon Studios, it's not always a one size password, getting the exclusives from GS means you can't touch the ones from Amazon. We'll see though what Nintndo does with these.

As to the game itself, I'm on the fence. Looks interesting, but I barely touch my mainstream games as it is, and I'm more interested in the fiction than the gaming itself, so we'll see.

yeah yeah, so it's Monday. Anway, here's my (tries to be) weekly installment of World Turns. The good news? I have to take my car in for muffler work=fan fiction writing time tomorrow!

Couple of Author's notes splashed about, one before and one after the fic. enjoy, critque and all that fun stuff!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...rld-Turns-Back-Around&p=14644954#post14644954
 
Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
I'd be careful about that. Nintendo seems to be pretty lazy so you should be fine, but when Gamestop get the excluzives for other things, like the TF games from High Moon Studios, it's not always a one size password, getting the exclusives from GS means you can't touch the ones from Amazon. We'll see though what Nintndo does with these.
I'm not too worried, if the Japan games are anything to go by.
 

Firebrand

Indomitable
The anti-penultimate chapter of Hero's Path, Answers, just went up. Remember a few chapters ago how I said Trentioc was going to reveal 60% of the strange things in Hero's Path? Well, Magnus just covered the other 40%.

Also: I've updated the gym leader listing with all current information. Here it is. It can also be found on Page 17, and is linked in my signature.

Gym Leaders:
1. Wartiger97, Grass: Trysten, the Forester
2. Keyo61491, Poison
3. Blaziken10285, Psychic: Dave, the Formidable Psybrain
4. Nox_Invictus, Ice: Mathieu, The Frost Wizard
5. Gokuzaru, Rock: Gold, the Rock Solid Soldier
6. Glover, Electric: Glover, Protector of Orre
7. Dittodude63, Ghost: Samuel Specter, the Ghost Host
8. ThePhoenixarisen9, Steel; The Iron Phoenix
9. :342:, Dark: Clair the Eclair

Elite Four:
1. Dracoburn, Flying: Becca, the Mistress of the Mountains
2. Aqua Tyrant Tysuya, Water
3. NaturalTrainer, Dragon: The Gentleman
4. Feralninja, Fire: Cole, the Firebrand

Champion:
???, ???
 

Wartiger97

The Forester
Hey I'm leaving for Wisconsin tomorrow and I don't know if I'll have any wifi there so I'm going to play it safe and say I won't be on here for a week so peace. :)
 

DittoDude

The King of Town.
The anti-penultimate chapter of Hero's Path, Answers, just went up. Remember a few chapters ago how I said Trentioc was going to reveal 60% of the strange things in Hero's Path? Well, Magnus just covered the other 40%.

Also: I've updated the gym leader listing with all current information. Here it is. It can also be found on Page 17, and is linked in my signature.
You forgot to put TheNorthWind instyead of :342:.
 

Firebrand

Indomitable
The new Hero's Path is up.

What they say: Have you read Changes yet?
What they mean: Can I bathe in your tears?


Also, the irony of me posting a chapter called Changes the day after I graduate is not lost on me, thank you very much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top