• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Been a long time since I made a post in here. Most of you don't know me because shortly after I joined my computer decided to die and I could only get on when I had wifi with my iPod. But I'm back now and with a vengeance. Question though. Are all the gym leader spots taken?

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Been a long time since I made a post in here. Most of you don't know me because shortly after I joined my computer decided to die and I could only get on when I had wifi with my iPod. But I'm back now and with a vengeance. Question though. Are all the gym leader spots taken?
There's one that two people are battling for. You may be able to worm your way into that. The available types are Rock, Bug, Psychic, Normal, and Ground.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
There's one that two people are battling for. You may be able to worm your way into that. The available types are Rock, Bug, Psychic, Normal, and Ground.

I was hoping to do what Green (or Blue) did and use a mixed team. I don't really have a favored type.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I was hoping to do what Green (or Blue) did and use a mixed team. I don't really have a favored type.

Sorry, man. We're a monotype league. It's a founding principle.

Recent happenings note:
"I hope you've made peace with your god, Nobunga, because Arceus an the Five Apostles are about to curbstomp you."

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Sorry, man. We're a monotype league. It's a founding principle.

Recent happenings note:
"I hope you've made peace with your god, Nobunga, because Arceus an the Five Apostles are about to curbstomp you."
Hee hee. Poor Japanese lord won't know what hit him. Although, with Arceus and all, I'm spurprised you didn't give the runthrough to Joan instead.

Tell you what I did, I looked at my list of favorite Pokemon (my out-of-date FC siggy bar) and noticed a recognized theme of electrics. You could try that.

Or, we do have another fairly unique position (short of bumping someone to E4 and letting Feral have only one spot) open: The Challenger. Who's not restricted in types and is free to do as he or she pleases, within the rules fo the individual gyms. (We don't actually HAVE to do the battling through the League, I just don't feel confident in my non-monotype strategy yet is all)

Last edited:

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
All right, this rage quit punishment of Nintendo's is going to suck in BW2. The Psybrawn and I were int he midst of a battle and the network legitatimely dropped out on us. If this was the second iteration of the games, that would've harranged one of usn for an actual accident.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Does it resemble Mystery Dungeon or Ranger at all?

Hmm.. Well, Mystery Dungeon a touch. It has a similar movement system, sort of, in that Pokemon stand on tiles. Also, the way different moves have different range(as in, Quick Attack only hits the tile in front, Water Gun hits two tiles in a straight line, Fury Cutter hits three tiles immediately in front, Discharge hits all Pokemon within one tile of the user, etcetera) is pretty similar.

Ranger, well, not so much. Perhaps just in the move animations and in the greater focus on the people, rather than just the Pokemon.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Two things:

1) Ch. 2 of Maelstrom, Breakout!, is now here. If you have the time it would be great to get feedback.

2) I have a lot of Pokemon that I have bred that I need a home for. Egg moves have an asterisk by the attack. (M): Male (F): Female

-5 Rhyhorn with the moves Horn Attack, Tail Whip, *Thunder Fang, *Crunch. Two with Rock Head, one of (F)Bashful nature and one (F)Docile. There are three with Lightningrod: (M)Jolly, (F)Careful, (F)Brave. These are perfect for a ground typed gym (wink wink nudge nudge) as they, with the help of Thunder Fang, can kill water types or the typical trainer looking for a ground type to use.

-4 Deino with the moves Tackle, Dragon Rage, *Ice Fang, *Dark Pulse. All four obviously own Hustle as their ability. Natures: (F) Sassy, (F) Impish, (F) Rash, (F) Naughty. Deino are super powerful when they become Hydreigon, and with Dark Pulse you will be able to make full use of STAB and their powerful Special Attack

If you can tell, I somehow find a ton more Females than males! PM me with offers. More to come... Probably.

TheNorthWind

Master of Puppets
All right, this rage quit punishment of Nintendo's is going to suck in BW2. The Psybrawn and I were int he midst of a battle and the network legitatimely dropped out on us. If this was the second iteration of the games, that would've harranged one of usn for an actual accident.

I assume that there will be some sorta system in place that can tell whether it's a Rage Quit or an legitimate loss of connection.

Also, when it comes to Conquest, it's more of a Disgaea feel to me.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I assume that there will be some sorta system in place that can tell whether it's a Rage Quit or an legitimate loss of connection.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it only applied to Random Matchup battles.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
So, our state is on fire right now. Actually, it rather feels like northern Hoenn, what with all the smoke blocking out the sun, and with ash raining from the sky. Team Magma might be involved, cause there's flooding in Florida, which would point towards Aqua also being involved. Or, maybe it's just the moron who shot his propane tank and started one of these fires..

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
So, our state is on fire right now. Actually, it rather feels like northern Hoenn, what with all the smoke blocking out the sun, and with ash raining from the sky. Team Magma might be involved, cause there's flooding in Florida, which would point towards Aqua also being involved. Or, maybe it's just the moron who shot his propane tank and started one of these fires..

Team Aqua probably is involved. They must have captured Kyogre or something. We've had rain down here in Florida practically every day. It's like Icirrus City in the summer.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Team Aqua probably is involved. They must have captured Kyogre or something. We've had rain down here in Florida practically every day. It's like Icirrus City in the summer.

If only we cou;d bottle it up and ship it to the other parts of the country that NEED all that water...

Firebrand

Indomitable
Or get Rayquaza into New England, because I've literally had every kind of weather imaginable. Today.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I think there may be a giant Damp Rock buried under Florida.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Welcome to the southeast, where we have heat indexes up to 105 by July and August and where the weather is literally bipolar.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Welcome to the southeast, where we have heat indexes up to 105 by July and August and where the weather is literally bipolar.

I was in Pueblo on Saturday. Arceus, it was HOT. 105+, not a cloud in the sky, a breeze, but said breeze being a bloody Heat Wave attack by itself.. Usually this time of year we get loads of thunderstorms, but we just haven't had much rain.. It's like Groudon is pacing in circles around Pike's Peak. We got a sprinkling of rain yesterday, which thankfully turned the fire away from where Nox_Invictus and I live, but still, it's bloody hot and the smoke has been pretty thick in the air. Sure sucks if you have asthma or allergies. Take my word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.