• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
I saw some photos of that fire all over everything, and you have my sympathies. It really looked like Mt. Chimney had erupted all over the place. I'd never seen so much smoke in my life.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
I was in Pueblo on Saturday. Arceus, it was HOT. 105+, not a cloud in the sky, a breeze, but said breeze being a bloody Heat Wave attack by itself.. Usually this time of year we get loads of thunderstorms, but we just haven't had much rain.. It's like Groudon is pacing in circles around Pike's Peak. We got a sprinkling of rain yesterday, which thankfully turned the fire away from where Nox_Invictus and I live, but still, it's bloody hot and the smoke has been pretty thick in the air. Sure sucks if you have asthma or allergies. Take my word for it.
Sounds lovely. You have my sympathies too. Ugh, reminds me of where I live, we just don't have the smoke.

My school has Band Camp on a parking lot on one of the highest points in town, and it is always bright, sunny, and HOT. Typically the temperature is high 90s or low 100s factoring Heat Index. It's the kind of temperature where the Weather (Wo)Men are warning people about the heat and calling anyone stupid for going outside for longer than 30 minutes (We're out there for about five hours or more each day). We have a permanent, giant Heat Rock under us with a lot of DW Ninetales running all over the place laughing at our misery.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I was in Pueblo on Saturday. Arceus, it was HOT. 105+, not a cloud in the sky, a breeze, but said breeze being a bloody Heat Wave attack by itself.. Usually this time of year we get loads of thunderstorms, but we just haven't had much rain.. It's like Groudon is pacing in circles around Pike's Peak. We got a sprinkling of rain yesterday, which thankfully turned the fire away from where Nox_Invictus and I live, but still, it's bloody hot and the smoke has been pretty thick in the air. Sure sucks if you have asthma or allergies. Take my word for it.

Mylittle thermobeeper is saying 102.4 in Indiana. That might be right for us, if this were August, but this is still JUNE. It's stifling. And the Road crews seemed to have packed up and quit, which means the road in front of my house is now a half paved half gravel slolem course that I have to drive around the still undburied swere pits. And I hear ya on the allergies, if not the smoke at least.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
The weather's actually reasonable here in Knoxville, Tennessee. Also, this is not the Non-Competitive Weather Hangout, folks. Let's talk about something else, maybe even Pokemon-related.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Alright, heat and Pokemon only. Check!

In a large airport terminal, a man slammed his laptop down in disgust. The screen had been flickering out on him for weeks, and it just gave up the ghost. Unable to do anything else, he got up to get a coffee.

Which means he missed the girl who was spat out of his laptop.

"Ugh. How do Porygon travel like that?"

"Comfotrtably, thank you very much."
The laptop chirped. Janie looked aroud and duster herself off. Amazingly, or maybe not, people of this world ere more engrossed in their elctronics than the world around them. They completely missed seeing a teenage human emerge from a computer screen, nor did they see the little grey thing beside said human.

"Hmm. I should probably recall you." Janie said.

"Castform cas."

"just for a little while."

Nobody saw he flicker of light, they only cared of keeping their laptops charged and near an outlet.

---
"This, is kind of depressing." Janie remarked. The airport was huge. It reminded her of Mistaltron back home, and to think that He said there were thousands of places like this. And humanity as a whole seemed rather scrawny. Janie posed the thought to herself that perhaps growing up in a world full of mythical creatures who could summon typhoons and decimate villages with greenery had made her humanity tougher, but the people here she thought were her age reminded her of kids back home six years their junior, and the kids were much hardier.

"Not much time to think about that now." She decided. "I've got my mission." Janie was outside the airport, a huge sign on the front read JEPPESON TERMINAL: DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

She felt in her pocket, jingling the "coins" He'd given her, telling her to be wise with them like she did supplies. She spotted her first target blazing madly on the hill. It was then that the heat really hit her. She grabbed her Dad's Pokeballs--hers now, but that didn't feel quite right yet-- and sprinted into some underbrush for cover.

She opened each ball quickly, and when the passal of animals was around her, she pointed at the blaze orange hillside. "Alright gang. We don't have that long before we get pulled back. I suggest we start with Rain Dance and work from there. Ready?

Although, If the mods have problems with us talking about the heat and the fire, considering two of our members are in the crosshairs of all of that, and a few more feeling the remnents of a storm off the south coast, I think we have some trouble,,, No offence to the mods, but there's a comradery in this group and I think that should be respected.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
"I've been a wild rover for many's the year! And I spent all me money on whiskey and beer!" Cole sang as he tromped through the woods, a lit torch in one hand, a bottle of Jack Daniels in the other. It appeared that the malfunction in Oak and Bill's collaborative project, and the explosion that resulted, had robbed Cole of what remained of his sanity. "And it's no, nay, never! No nay never no more! Will I play the wild rover, no never no more!"

He dragged the torch along the ground and took another sip of liquor. Behind him, Prometheus and Athena, likewise inebriated, breathed a steady stream of fire into the undergrowth, trying to vent the alcohol from their systems. Prometheus stopped for a moment, made a sound halfway between a cough and a belch, and a pillar of fire shot up into the air. "I went to an alehouse I used to frequent! And I told the landlady my money was spent! I asked her for credit, she answered me nay. Such custom as yours I can have any day!"

They continued through the woods, incinerating anything they came across. Cole hiccuped and took another swig. "I'll go home to my parents, confess what I've done! And ask them to pardon their prodigal son! And if they forgive me as oftimes before, I never will play the wild rover no more!"

The three of them came together for the final chorus. "And it's no, nay, never! No nay never no more, will I plaaaaaaaay the wild rover! No neeeeeveeeeeeeeeeer nooooooooo moooooooooore!"

The Firebrand swaggered drunkenly as a young woman with a Castform leapt out in front of him. "Th' hell y' doin'? Thi'sis my party. Ge' out a' here!"

Because obviously this is all the result of Cole getting wasted. Obviously.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
(Quick! Someone rolepley themselves from the real world! Then we can REALLY go wild!)

"Oh, uh, excuse me sir. You should probably find someplace, um, cooler to party in. My apologies." Janie tipped a red Forest Rangers cap and sidestepped the innebriated man and trudged through burnt and burning forest.

"Gee, that looked a lot like... but he's back in our world, surely he's not... could'nt be."

"Castform, Cas." said the little cloud, pointing to a large orange, swaying lizard.

"Yes, yes it could. The CHARIZARD's drunk?"

"Castform."

"Oh, and so's his little spitfire, Wonderful. What kind of parent is he, anyway?" Janie turned in the trail around to a large penguin shining in the light. "Boneparte, do you think you could "accidently" shoot some water up-"

"Empol." He saluted. A stong Hydro Pump bursrt through the trees, rising and falling back to earth, bathing all it is area in cool water."

"...And maybe accendently rain on his parade... That works. C'mon, let's all keep moving before he follows us, we've got a lot of work to do still."

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Ooh, ooh, my turn!

Dave and Ralph had no idea where they were. One moment they was about to defeat Dave's nemesis, a boy a few years younger named Bobby, when his group, Team Alpha, opened a portal in a flash of light. They found themselves in a swampy woodland in a land that went by the name of Florida. It was storming in this Florida, and the duo could tell Tornadus, Thunderus, and Kyogre were loose. Ralph found a road with many more vehicles than he had ever seen came racing down at speeds that were unearthly. The men walked along the road known as Interstate 10 until they came to a city called Orlando. It seemed to be a social hub, so the duo reckoned that this was where Bobby had his main forces located. The men walked tirelessly until they found a place known as Disney World. They found a map of the campus, including regions known as the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Downtown Disney and Epcot.

"Wow, they have everything here, but what are these animals?" Ralph asked.

"I have no clue. Let's check Downtown Disney to get some answers. I think the grumpy person in the Toll Booth said that that region didn't require a toll to get in." Dave suggested.

"I wonder what kind of Pokemon they have here. Are they all like those lame, huge, long green things with the sharp teeth that we saw in the swamp? They didn't even fight back!"

"Yup, this place is strange. Anyway, we need to go. Things look bad here."

Last edited:

DittoDude

The King of Town.
^Two Epcots?

Yay, my 100th post in the thread!

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
On a note unrelated to this whole weather thing: I'm so lucky I'm not writing Hero's Path anymore, because I'd be so behind. Between Tumblr, Newgrounds and Conquest, I think I've written maybe five pages across all my stories these past two weeks.

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
Because I have yet to begin an actual fan-fiction, here's some of that weather role-playing! Told from the perspective of one of us in the real world.

With a swing in her step, and not a cloud in the sky, Mug hopped out of her car and approached the booth, ticket in hand. After a brief exchange with the attendant, she dashed into the Magic Kingdom, ready to spend a good day with her friends. She passed some confused looking boys, who were accompanied by a-- was that...? No, surely not... best to not even say what she had thought she saw. She spotted Alexis and Mariah.

"Hey, guys!" she called to get their attention.

The two turned to her. "Oh, hey Mug!"

"Listen..." she said, approaching them. "I just... Haha, I can't believe I would ever even think I saw such a thing. These two guys were walking around, and I thought there was a Toge--"

Her thought was interrupted as a boom of thunder rumbled in the sky. Dark clouds rolled in in a matter of seconds and dropped a torrential down-pour on the entire park. With a startled cry, the three ladies ran under the nearest covering and began to wring out their clothes.

"What was that all about?!" Alexis demanded of no one in particular, trying to straighten her sopping wet cap.

Mug was about to answer, but kept her mouth shut as she heard an unmistakable noise from behind her. She peered around the corner of the kiosk that had become their shelter, and her eyes widened at the sight.

"Vaporeon!" cried the small blue critter.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
And here's where my story gets fun!

"GAH, they're still not working!" David growled. His DS and all Pokemon games were in fact working; but all of his prized Pokemon and the trainer sprite were gone. He and his family were on vacation to Orlando, and were spending one day in whatever Disney World park they chose. This time it was the Magic Kingdom.

"It's just a game, besides, we're at the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom now. Find a stopping point." his mom said.

"Alright," the boy gave up, "Though it would be the day we come here that all of Florida is basically a foot under water."

David and his family bought their tickets and walked in through the gate. Unlike Mug, David did not see Dave with Cuddles and Ralph while walking in. Thunder rumbled above and boomed down to the ground. There was one the directly hit Mainstreet USA, and David lost the rest of his family. He found himself under a kiosk with three girls, one holding an animal that did not quite look like an animal but a Pokemon.

"Excuse me," the boy said to the girl holding the blue creature, "My name is David. Is that a Vaporeon that you're holding?"

"So you see it too! I'm Mug. Did you see the Togekiss too?"

"There's a Togekiss somewhere!?"

"Yeah, walking toward here with two confused looking guys. Hey, one looked kinda like you, just older!"

That's cool! I'm gonna go find them. Later!" Dave ran into the rain, not knowing what he was getting into.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
*GLover storms into the room singing jubilantly*, practically in cartwheels*

YES! YES! OHMY GOD YES!!! They've announced Motor Drive Emolga in the Hidden Hollow Earthquake-proof electric types FOR. THE. WIN!

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Ooh, I want in on this.. So much fun to mix irl into fan fiction.

"Bloody hell.." Becca muttered as the mountain range around her puffed spumes of smoke into the air. "Yesterday, it was only along the base of the Southwest side of the mountains, but it's EVERYWHERE now.." She wringed her hands and swallowed hard. "Ok. Analyt, Tyson, Destiny and Charlie. I want the four of you on damage control. The fire squad is only coming at the fire from the city side, so I want you all to hit it from our side. See what you can do to make a dent in it." The Dragonite, Feraligatr, Gyarados and Poliwrath nodded proudly and rushed off in the four compass directions. "Scrag, Cedar, Ferocity and Scarr, I want you guys either underground or in the air. Go scout and see how far it's spread, and look for an opening. We might have to evacuate, but if that's the case, I want to know that we can still get in and try to put it out." The Krookodile, Sandslash, Garchomp and Salamence took off in pairs, refusing to leave their mates.

The Mountain Trainer, after sending out patrols, kneeled onto the ground to comfort the three Eevee kits who had huddled at her feet, whimpering. They knew something was wrong because they weren't allowed to go outside; ash was raining down from the wicked forest fires, and smoke clouded the air. Sunlight filtered down through the soot in the air, but it was tinted a spooky mahogany color, leaving the mood ominous and pre-apocalyptic. A Charizard approached her from behind, a silent question on his mind.

"Afraid so, Draco.. If this gets much closer, we'll be put on a pre-evacuation notice. We might lose our home." She sighed a deep, melancholy sigh, one of tension, of apprehension. "We usually get wildfires around this time of year, but this one is huge, coming from all directions.. It's already closed down all of the summer camps along the base of the Twist Mountain range, and the outlying regions of the nearby towns are being evacuated. It could easily happen to us." She swallowed hard. "They.. They're suspecting arson."

Dracoburn muttered something reassuring, but even the Charizard's strong demeanor was a touch shaken.

"Draco, can you keep an ear on the news and watch the phone? We're gonna need to know if we get the orders the second they come if we're going to save everybody and all of our important documents." He nodded and ambled off, flopping down on the couch across from a TV set where newscasters, in somber, sleepy voices, continued their nonstop coverage, something they had started the evening before and had been at since.

"Lance!" Becca called for her companion, and he returned from where he was directing another patrol, one to round up all of the wild Pokemon and herd them away from the flames.

"What is it? Did we get any orders?" His voice was tainted with concern.

"No, but I think we should pack up some bags of things we'll need if we do get any. A couple of changes of clothes, any medications.. The P's, they say: People, pets, pictures, papers and prescriptions. We might also want to bring some food and bottled water, just in case it's a long time before we have a place to stay. Now, I'm not saying that we will get evacuated, but..." She trailed off. Just thinking about the possibility had them all on edge.

Lance moved forward and pulled her into a quick embrace. "Whatever happens, we're prepared. It's nothing we can't handle," he murmured into her hair. "Now, I'll go get the Pokemons' shot records if you pack up a first aid kit."

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Ooh, I want in on this.. So much fun to mix irl into fan fiction.

Lovely, considering you're in the thick of it all. Although I'm thinking that Eevee+forest fire=Flareon...

I suppose I should confess that I never really had anything in mind when I poseted up Janie's little one-shot, but if anyone wants to do something else feel free to PM me.

In that same vein however, I'm feeling like a bit of a tease for a one-shot that will be posted the week of Jan 3, 2013. (That date means something...) Since I'm writing it now. So, having absolutely NOTHING to do with the current RP, once again, here's Janie, and, well, me:

Janie studied the man who hadd walked into the room. He was rather unremarkable. The twenty one candles on the cake were a dead giveaway, but he looked a few years younger than that. (Or so I've been accused) H as rather shapeless, just a basic human figure, not heavy, not skinny, not athletic or much of anything else. Janie was pretty sure she could take him, at half his age. And yet, he looked a lot like her mom. In fact, he kinda looked like her dad, too. And her, as she thought about it. And soon, more and more faces flashed before her mind. Every person she'd ever met, well, nearly so anyway, A few of those trainers her Dad knew from the Journeymen's League didn't wuite carry the same likeness, but nearly everyone else in the world looked like a decedent of the man standing in the doorway.

Time for answers.

Janie walked up to the man. Politely, she said "excuse me, Happy Birthday, sir. I'm afraid though, I've forgotten your name."

"Oh, don't worry about that, Janie," He said giving her a big, warm radient hug more full of compassion than even her father's, "You've not met me before. My name is Morgan, I write the story."

Firebrand

Indomitable
Oof, I don't think I could ever do something like that with Cole and I. There would probably be one of those comedic mirror things, and then Cole would probably throttle me and break my keyboard into little tiny pieces for all the anguish I put him through.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Oof, I don't think I could ever do something like that with Cole and I. There would probably be one of those comedic mirror things, and then Cole would probably throttle me and break my keyboard into little tiny pieces for all the anguish I put him through.

That would be an interesting paradox actually. You are writing him breaking your keyboard, which would basically mean he would perish, as that was the means of him existing in the future, if that makes sense.

Firebrand

Indomitable
That would be an interesting paradox actually. You are writing him breaking your keyboard, which would basically mean he would perish, as that was the means of him existing in the future, if that makes sense.

Eh, not really. I use three different computers. He'd just be getting the vindictive, righteous fury out on one of them :p

Status
Not open for further replies.