• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I believe the final special episode is played from the POV of the original hero. I've only got... a ways to go before I get there. Started Yukimura's special episode today. It's a shame that's all the junior warlords and I can't have my awesome Hero's Path squad (because Motochika and Kotaro are actual warlords...).

So anyway, another note. Earlier I was thinking I haven't written anything to a showtune in a long time, and the only idea that I couldn't get out of my head was doing something with Keldeo, and Hakuna Matata. You know, just walking through the woods at the Flare Gym, stumbling upon an Emboar and Combusken, and... well, I dunno. I think it would make a cool/cute/funny one-shot.

I'm cringing at the thought of Hakuna Matata, but I believe Patrat/Watchog and Sentret (but I really don't see it being Furret) are much closer fits to a meerkat. Although they don't fit the "Fire/Flying" and the "Belssed by Ho-Oh" motif, though they are EVERYWHERE, so you could make that argument...

dracoburn

Lance's protege
I'm playing through "Happily Ever After" in Conquest, trying to grind up to a 60% link on Ginchiyo and Hideyoshi with Luxray and Infernape, respectively. Kinda sucks that I'm down to my last nation to battle and I'm still a ways off, though..

TheLeviathan36

Shiny Collector
Hi, Im Leviathan, Iv been playing for 12 years now since yellow and am a fan of the storyline and universe while still liking friendly competition. Dracoburn told me I should just say a brief hello, so now thats out of the way, I have to say I really appreciate what you guys are doing here, it seems like a nice relaxed community where I can have some battles and enjoy myself. Thanks for the entrance and I look forward to meeting everyone and competing!

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Howdy there! Welcome to the party!

I have to chuckle, Leviathan 36 is a slight transpostition of another hobby of mine.
image001.png

Irony abound, but if I'm comparing to a steam locomotive, that usually means good things.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Howdy there! Welcome to the party!

I have to chuckle, Leviathan 36 is a slight transpostition of another hobby of mine.
image001.png

Irony abound, but if I'm comparing to a steam locomotive, that usually means good things.

You men.. If it's a weapon or a vehicle, you're just required to love it, aren't you? Personally, I prefer, well, um.. men themselves.. Oh! And dragons! I'm gonna leave this where it's at before I go into a rant about how guys are obsessed with phallic symbols, like guns and, uh, trains.. Of course, I just admitted to something similar, so.. I should go now.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
You men.. If it's a weapon or a vehicle, you're just required to love it, aren't you? Personally, I prefer, well, um.. men themselves.. Oh! And dragons! I'm gonna leave this where it's at before I go into a rant about how guys are obsessed with phallic symbols, like guns and, uh, trains.. Of course, I just admitted to something similar, so.. I should go now.

I'm not really a gearhead, couldn't build a motor to save my life. But there's just nothing quite like water pressure at its finest. And its SHINY!

And thanks, I needed that. I was just bit**ing out my new IPAD because it deleted the PM to myself with twenty pages of stuff I'd written while I was gone last weekend, and I'm smiling now after reading that.

Wartiger97

The Forester
I'm not really a gearhead, couldn't build a motor to save my life. But there's just nothing quite like water pressure at its finest. And its SHINY!

And thanks, I needed that. I was just bit**ing out my new IPAD because it deleted the PM to myself with twenty pages of stuff I'd written while I was gone last weekend, and I'm smiling now after reading that.

Man that sucks that's why I'm backing my story up on a flash drive.

@Draco: lol when I read your post I was about to say I'm not like that... when I remembered my love for swords, 1970s Dodge Challengers, and well explosions.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Man that sucks that's why I'm backing my story up on a flash drive.

@Draco: lol when I read your post I was about to say I'm not like that... when I remembered my love for swords, 1970s Dodge Challengers, and well explosions.

It's not the finished stuff that was the problem, it was the getting it to a place where I could make a good copy of it. Something like stealing Gold while in transport because the vaults are too secure.

Wartiger97

The Forester
It's not the finished stuff that was the problem, it was the getting it to a place where I could make a good copy of it. Something like stealing Gold while in transport because the vaults are too secure.

Ah ok I get you now.

I want to buy Conquest, but Black 2 and White 2 are being released in a month or so and that thirty bucks could go and pay for half of the Halo 4 I pre-ordered so I'm torn on what to buy right now.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Ah ok I get you now.

I want to buy Conquest, but Black 2 and White 2 are being released in a month or so and that thirty bucks could go and pay for half of the Halo 4 I pre-ordered so I'm torn on what to buy right now.

I thought the trailer Serebii posted last night said October 7? I don't think Nintendo would be dumb enough to overlap releases like this...

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Ah ok I get you now.

Conquest is really fun. Halo... Yuck. My suggestion? Get a job mowing lawns or something so that you can afford Conquest and BW2, then buy Halo and throw it into a woodchipper where it belongs. Win-win-win situation, you know?

As for the date of BW2's release, it isn't released in the US until October. You could, in theory, get a Japanese game, but the game is region-locked if you use any system released past the DS Lite. Conquest makes an excellent game to tide one over until BW2 comes out.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Conquest is really fun. Halo... Yuck. My suggestion? Get a job mowing lawns or something so that you can afford Conquest and BW2, then buy Halo and throw it into a woodchipper where it belongs. Win-win-win situation, you know?

As for the date of BW2's release, it isn't released in the US until October. You could, in theory, get a Japanese game, but the game is region-locked if you use any system released past the DS Lite. Conquest makes an excellent game to tide one over until BW2 comes out.

Hey now, I liked Halo, what little I've played of it. My only complaint is I'm not coordinated to work the camera. I kinda want to get High Moon Studios' new Transformers game. (Yeah yeah, more vehicles) The graphics look really good, they've done a great job of streamlining the "gimmickery" of the toys into a video game, my only hangup is that the newest gaming system I have is a Gamecube...

Seriously. It's still decked out in the XD skin...

DittoDude

The King of Town.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Ah ok I get you now.

B2W2 come out October 7. You have a few months to get more money...

I completely agree! Conquest: It's a really cool and different game compared to the others. I haven't ever played the Halo/COD/Black Ops games. Never been enthralled with the violence of them. Anyway, buy Halo or Conquest, whatever is cheaper/what you want more to tide you over until B2W2 and buy one of them. Get a few odd jobs if you need the extra cash.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
*shrugs*

I don't do FPS games. Guns are cheating. Seriously. They are. Real men fight with swords. Or magic. Or Pokemon. Not guns. If you can kill someone without seeing the whites of their eyes and being forced to acknowledge that you're taking the life of another human being, I just don't see the honor in it. Simple as that.

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine

I don't do FPS games. Guns are cheating. Seriously. They are. Real men fight with swords. Or magic. Or Pokemon. Not guns. If you can kill someone without seeing the whites of their eyes and being forced to acknowledge that you're taking the life of another human being, I just don't see the honor in it. Simple as that.

This and this.

My brother got COD3 a while back and I absolutely hated it. I usually always watch him play video games, but whenever he would play COD I would go and do something else. I hate-hate-hate it and all FPSs alike. He sold it and got Goldeneye007 soon after. It wasn't bad, because I like the movie and could put up with it, despite major changes(in Nicaragua instead of Cuba, actually at the site of the EMP blast...) But I digress. Maybe you can credit it to me being a girl-- though Blazi doesn't like FPSs either-- but my opinion stands that gun-fighting is impersonal and just not in the true nature of battle. Not something I would like to see made into a video game.

Some vehicles, on the other hand, are kind of interesting. I mean, just look at this. How pretty is that car?

Wartiger97

The Forester
*shrugs*

I understand what you mean, but in Halo you don't kill humans so its 50/50 of what you said since you are shooting aliens that have more advanced tech. Draco have you ever played the Elder Scrolls games then? (if you don't like guns and prefer magic and swords those games are awesome) I've decided just to wait to get Pokemon games for now untill I finish writing my story so I don't get distracted from my story to much.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Ooh, be careful about that. Fics (ESPECIALLY journey fics) tend to spiral out of control. When I started on HP I was thinking "oh, I'll be through with this in three months, it'll be a nice way to play with some ideas." Except that my imagination said "lol, jk, you'll be working on this for about a year, bud."

Don't take that the wrong way, I'm glad of it. Just... know it's a major time investment. Even with my breakneck pace and weekly updates, it took a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.