• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Welp, I'm still a bit travel-lagged, but home safe. I'll see about getting my gym open tomorrow.

EDIT: may have to make that Tuesday

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Welp, I'm still a bit travel-lagged, but home safe. I'll see about getting my gym open tomorrow.

In other news, my gym is still open, but I don't have much time to play the game. Should I get a challenge, weekends may be my only available time to do it.

And beause I am focusing on school work, I don't have a new chapter of Maelstrom this week.

Firebrand

Indomitable
So I'm planning out my team for white 2. I'm going with an Arthurian/Camelot theme for nicknames this time around, but I'm still short a few members. So far, all I've set in stone is:

-Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott (Arthur)
-Riolu/Lucario (Galahad)
-Growlithe/Arcanine (Lancelot)
-Zorua/Zoroark (Morgana)
-Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir (Guinevere)

Now I run into a couple issues. I want to have a Mordred, but don't really know who would fit the profile. I tossed around the idea that Gligar/Gliscor or Scraggy/Scrafty could work for him. I'm going to save the Merlyn moniker for Reshiram, and Uther for Kyurem. I've also tossed around the idea of having a rotating seventh team member, a Drilbur/Excadrill named (how original of me) Excalibur. But it fits, because steel/ground and sword in the stone...

SamtheUlfr

Now I run into a couple issues. I want to have a Mordred, but don't really know who would fit the profile. I tossed around the idea that Gligar/Gliscor or Scraggy/Scrafty could work for him.

In my opinion, Gligar/Gliscor works better but I agree it seems to be a tough character fit. I hate running into that xp

Anyhoot, I finally put together a team that makes me happy.
It may not have the best, er, balance but considering it's going to be mainly for role playing (and maybe some fanfiction writing) I don't really mind.
Plus! There's at least one of each generation! Bonus for me!

I'm probably going to train up an Oshawott for use as a replacement for Keldeo if I ever actually use this team in battles, just in case the person I end up battling dislikes the use of legendaries.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
So I'm planning out my team for white 2. I'm going with an Arthurian/Camelot theme for nicknames this time around, but I'm still short a few members. So far, all I've set in stone is:

-Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott (Arthur)
-Riolu/Lucario (Galahad)
-Growlithe/Arcanine (Lancelot)
-Zorua/Zoroark (Morgana)
-Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir (Guinevere)

Now I run into a couple issues. I want to have a Mordred, but don't really know who would fit the profile. I tossed around the idea that Gligar/Gliscor or Scraggy/Scrafty could work for him. I'm going to save the Merlyn moniker for Reshiram, and Uther for Kyurem. I've also tossed around the idea of having a rotating seventh team member, a Drilbur/Excadrill named (how original of me) Excalibur. But it fits, because steel/ground and sword in the stone...

I have a Gardevoir in my household who says she could kiss you. She's so happy to know she lives on through games, but she also cautions that her brother Gotegrim gets jealous if he's forgotten. You probably need Lancey to be a fire type for balance, but I always preferred him as either Bisharp (commander figure) or Excavalier, for two very obvious puns hanging from his shoulders... (And actually, the Bug type does provide some advantages as well, but yu don't him near a match...)

For Mordred, I'd almost go Pawniard over Scraggy, depending on if you take a second look at Lancalot. but whichever way you go, I think Mordred would be better homaged by an unevolved Pokemon. Now, depending on which of the lore you believe, can someone tell me how you get a Pawniard from an illigimitamate breding of a Samurott and a Zoroark?

And what does your Zoroark (frogive me I've forgotten her name) think of Morgaine as one of her kind? You know, the bad guy?

Another one to toy with, Darkrai as Ogier?

And if you can find a good grass type, Breloom perhaps for Gawain? That'd give you some more balance until you can get to the legendaries.

---
Since we're on this Aurtherian kick again, I think I'll post up Guin and Grim's backstory that I doubt will ever really get used in anything I'm writing. Originally, the story of Arthur was told to a writer by a green-haired Muse in a balck dress with strange musical patterns in her hair. The Muse was rather upset that the writer wouldn't tell the story truthfully. He bleieved that "in stories, the beasts cannot be the main character, only the monster." She understandably got upset, but continued.

The Kingom of Camelot exists in a Mystery Dungeon like setting in the Dream World, which I'm playing out as an almost Riverworld like existance of afterlife. (You see it somewhat in my Til Death below). One of Morgana/Morgaine/corruption of my name motivations has become trying to find an end to such an existance, more or less because killing your enemies is pointless if their just going to reappear someplace else in the world. To break Arthur's spirit, Morgana infiltrates a Harvest Ball, kidnaps Guin and Grim, eho's protecting his sister (not going into the darker side of his story, or we are not there yet), and throws them foricibly through the gap to the realworld. Because they're not extradited through normal means, instead of landing in an awaiting Egg or a mystery spot like Entree or the Altering Caves in Hoenn and Kanto, they instead arrive with a thud, and devolved and reborn as Ralts in Floaroma Meadow. And are followed by a Staraptor who's mission from Morgana is to rough them up or kill them in the hopes that maybe they cannot return to the afterlife if they didn't officially leave. She didn't count on a human kid practicising Softball finding two Ralts being attacked by a Staraptor, or that the kid would have projectiles, a big stick, and a caring heart.

Thus there being Cayna's two Pokemon, Gotegrim and Guinevere.

Last edited:

TheNorthWind

Master of Puppets
tossed around the idea of having a rotating seventh team member, a Drilbur/Excadrill named (how original of me) Excalibur. But it fits, because steel/ground and sword in the stone...

Speaking of unoriginality, wouldn't it make more sense to Escavalier after Excalibur, or at least one of the knights?

Firebrand

Indomitable
So, after talking to Dracoburn and Glover about it, I thought it might be kind of cool to have another group RP to help us pass the time until BW2 comes out, and keep this group buzzing. However, I won't do it if the interest isn't there, so let me know soon if you guys are up for it.

SamtheUlfr

RPs are fun!
Except...uh...I haven't been a part of an RP for who knows how long.

Joanie

I might be. As long as I don't get busy and distracted and forget about it until much later.

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
I'd be game for it.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
RPs are fun!
Except...uh...I haven't been a part of an RP for who knows how long.

Don't worry about it, a lot of people in the group are RP novices. Think of it as a way to play around in our canon.

Which is something we talked about as well. I dunno if Draco brought it up, but I know I did.

As a refresher then, Some things to keep in mind about RPs:

1.They read and write a lot like stories, but the only character you control is your own and your Pokemon. In other ways, these evolve in the smae fashaions as real life. (I'll leave Cay at home this time...) If you want to invite someone to do something with your character, you can do so, but its up to them to act on it. Your even allowed to pull the chair out for them, but they have to be the ones to sit down. (There are excepions to this in long term RPs if a scene stalls out, but ours don't go long enough for that.)
1A. In that vein, remembering that we're all in different timezones. It's alright if Jack and Jill are going through their scene because their online, while you're still waiting on a "Hello" from the person your char is talking
too. And it may very well that Hello is the only thing you need to say.
1A1. If someone moves into your scene because they're done with theirs, acknowledge you saw their post, but if you need to play catch-up, you're completely allowed to make off-topic arrangements to do so.
1B. If at all possible, do try to avoid gross generalizations of characters' actions."I pulled the fire alarm; they all got up and left" is a no-no. "I pulled the Fire Alarm" is okay, let the people in the group decide whetehr
their going to leave or roast weenies over an open fire...
1C. Do please try to leave enough of a "hook" at the end of your post for someone else to work with. It's like answering a conversation with "Hey." "Hey." What's up." "Not much." if you don't.
1D. You are allowed to pull filler characters out of your aft. For example, waiters in a restaurant bringing out the main course.

2. For the most part, setting, scene, and detailing is set by the host of the RP (Feral) But details can change. If you want to change them within the context of the story, feel free to do so, but make a note of the setting your changing. We had three different musical choices playing in the Memorial RP. (The last official one, unless you count my post about Janie fighting forest fires where an RP spontaneously broke out, which was cool to read...)
2A. If someone changes a detail relevant to you, acknowledge it in the story. And if its a detail your character doesn't like changed, then feel free to mak a confrontation of it.
2A1. And of course, by confrotnation, well, let's just leave it at "In my back pocket, I have a Ditto with a penchant for mechanics and the movie Flubber, a genetically over-engineered space virus with a Superman (Must protect everyone) complex, One very large spider with an electrically charged bolo, and a UFO with cannons. All are very resourceful, and trained to deal with crowds (of people trying to kill me). Just sayin' :D"

Beyond that, I don't think we really have anything to worry about. Just beware of stepping on other people's toes.

Oh, and if Cole decides to get innebrieated again, I'm calling Noir to be his AA advisor. Get very aquainted with the "Thwap Plan". The Thwap plan being "Hmm, just one beer, they'll never kn- THWAP!"

Firebrand

Indomitable
All right, no sense waiting any longer, I think we've got enough interest. Time for me to officially get the ball rolling. Glover's post above stated pretty much all the ground rules I was going to put here, so... no sense in reiterating, yeah? Obviously, time will be passing as the RP moves along, but don't worry about that. I'll keep the unity of time in place, so refer to my posts for the time of day if you get confused. I've tried to create a very broad scenario, one that will allow us interaction if we want it, but it will also allow one to go off on their own and do some character development if you so choose. So, without further ado, I shall begin:

---

Cole signed the last letter with a flourish and made sure his fountain pen did not drip any ink onto the elegant, cream colored stationary. Athena crawled over the desk, and Cole shooed her away with the back of his left hand. "Careful Fuzzball, don't smudge the writing!"

Athena pouted. "But I'm bored! Can't you come play with me now?"

"In a moment. I've got to do one last proofread."

The Victini sighed and drifted away, going back to the pile of wooden blocks she had scattered across the study floor. Cole blew on the paper to help the ink dry and read over the text to check for any spelling errors he might have accidentally made.

"Dear honored guest,
"You are invited to a gala aboard the Royal Unova on the XXth day of Y month. Please RSVP to Cole Culain at the Tower of the Ancients as soon as possible. Dress code is formal. Boarding begins at seven pm, and the boat leaves at eight sharp. The party shall begin at nine. Your cabin is ###. I understand that for many of you, the trip will be a long one. Castelia City is truly a place of wonders, and to make the trip worth your time, I strongly encourage you to go out and explore it. I am certain you will find some way to captivate yourself. For all those interested, I shall meet you in the central park at half past ten on the specified date. Please make every effort to attend.

"Yours truly,
"Cole Culain"

The Firebrand nodded, folded up the letter and slid it into an envelope. He sealed it and left it atop the others for Hastings to mail. Then, he pushed away from his writing desk and crouched on the floor next to Athena. "All right then. What are we building today?"

Last edited:

Joanie

Joan sighed happily, surveying the little part of the Canalave library that she had quietly and discreetly taken over for herself. For the first time in quite a while, there was no crisis, nothing that she had to be doing, just herself, her pokemon and a number of books she hadn't read yet.
Smiling to herself and reaching for the first book, she sighed again, this time as Gallant tensed.
"Someone comes," the Gallade told her mentally. A messenger." There was a pause.
"No Seviper accompanies him."

Setting the book back down, Jo nodded. , annoyed that her reading had to wait, but a little bit glad that she wouldn't have to hide Kagami away before she realised her ancestral enemy was coming. She still had the scratches on her arm from the last time she'd had to stop her Zangoose like that.
After the courier had left and the message had been read, JO frowned, considering her options. Not, really, that there was much choice - Canalave and its library would be here for some time. This gala, on the other hand ...
Beginning to return the books she had gathered to their original place, Jo mentally mapped out her travel route before turning her thoughts to a more important problem. 'Formal' meant 'dress', and she didn't have anything like that with her.
I guess I need to go shopping in Castelia.

TheNorthWind

Master of Puppets
Nate stared at the letter. How did people keep finding him...? He sighed and read the letter. "Blah blah....gala....Royal Unova....formal dress code..." He sighed. "Great. More social events...." He was determined not to go this time, but his Eevee, Helena, had overheard him reading the letter out loud, and understood that a gala was some kinda party. She stared up at him, clearly wanting to go. He sighed irritably. "No, we're not-" His PokeNav started to ring. "Who the hell-?" He looked at the screen. "..." It was a text from Crina, who had apparently also gotten this invitation and was all excited to go. He blinked and facepalmed. Well, now he had to go. He texted her back saying he wasn't looking forward to it, but he was going too. He shook his head. "This is why I don't like people..." He got up to go rummage through his closet, seeing if he had any kinda formal wear. "This...is not gonna be fun...." he muttered.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
"You sure you don't want togo along?"

"No no, that's fine. You go by yourself. Lily's throwing a party this weekend wit-"

"Yes, I know what kind of parties Lily likes to throw. You kids have fun." I grabbed my suitcase and retreated up the stairs to Janie's room.

"And just where do you think your off to?"

"Castelia. The Journeymen guys are throwing a party."

"And you're going to leave me here."

"Someone's gotta look after Mom while I'm gone. And how much trouble can you get into one one leg and a crutch, Janie?"

"With or without the doting Gardevoir and obsessive mother. Stop smiling, the top of your head will fall off, Dad."

"I love you."

"Love you too. Bring back Ice cream, okay?"

"Done. get well soon, okay?"

"You got it."

I grabbed by suitcase, and made for the train station.

Firebrand

Indomitable
"You're sure we only need one bag each?"

"Completely! It's two days!"

"But what about shoes?"

"What about them?"

"Is there room?"

"Bring your normal shoes and then your formal shoes! Have you seen my belt?"

"Isn't it on the chair?"

"No, the good belt!"

"Then no. Check the closet. Should I bring the blue dress or the green?"

"And blue have been the days since you-"

"Shut it, Feste. I like the green one."

"But you're wearing the black and red suit. Maybe I should bring the black dress so we match?"

"Sure, I don't care!"

"As black as moonlight..."

"Feste, shut up!"

"Okay, I can't find the belt. You're sure you don't have it?"

"Just buy a new one in the city! Hey, you think we'll see any street performers? I really liked that one lady we met in Opelucid, you remember her?"

"Hark! The Moor! I can hear his terrible trumpet!"

"Shut up Feste!"

Prometheus rested his head on the windowsill of the cabin. "How long has this been going on?"

Athena shrugged. "A half hour maybe? Do you think we should pack too?"

"I suppose so." Prometheus glanced at his small friend. "Did you get the brush for your fur?"

Athena nodded. "Yup. You have the travel snacks?"

"Yes. Is that everything?"

"Uh-huh." The Victini tittered as she watched the humans race around the cabin. "I wonder why nothing's ever this simple for them?"

Last edited:

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
In other news, Joanie has proven that the victor of a match was (s)he who gets there fastest with the mostest. Loch and her two Pokmon all down to the last hits they can take, but Crush Claw lands before Discharge can fire. I love those matches where its down to the wire like that. Auroch? Piece of steak. Remove the obstacle, weather a hit, and pound away! I really don't see why you guys were so worried about a Tauros. Tee hee.

Status
Not open for further replies.