• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
okay, so I'm gonna work on a team!
I see that a lot of you write fanfics, gonna read some of them! :)

Yup, a lot are finished, and many are still being put out. Maelstrom, the one that I'm currently on, has about two chapters left in the first arc (which is going to be most of the story) and might have about seven more chapters in all. To see the start of the league and the start to everything, Feralninja's League of Heroes is a great place to start, even though the league is much different now

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
Aww... fine, take my fun out why dontcha... :p
May I copy that text in my sig about the Non Competive Trainers' hangout in your sig? If you want I say started by Glover.

Last edited:

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
Hey guys! I'm going out the club :( . I recently discovered Showdown! so I don't have to EV train/IV breed etc. in-game and so I went again in competittive for a bit. But I'm still always in for a non-competitive battle! It's just fun to battle competitive without the annoying stuff. Bye bye!

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Ok, so we need a new good discussion in here! So, with the approaching advent to X and Y, we have begun to get rumors about the Fairy type. If it corresponds with what Pokebeach says, it will be weak to Poison and steel, strong against Dragon, Fighting, and Dark. Fire and Psychic will apparently resist it. So, how does everyone thing that this will change the battles here in the club's league, assuming that we ever have any challengers?

I think that it will be tough on my team, and probably give me a newfound respect for Steel and Poison types. The new restrictions to the Fighting type will be a cool new obstacle if handled well. If these rumors are true, I'm rreally going to want to use Froakie's evolved form in a gym battle! Speaking of that...

I think if the new fairy type has a big enough role in the game, or if the rumors of Pokebeach are true, Fennekin will be even more popular than it was before. It is rumored by the same source to be a Fire-Psychic Pokemon, and will then have a 4x resistance to Fairies, as well as being strong against the gyms that PB has reportedly heard about. Feral, I'm guessing that you'll be wanting to use one?

Firebrand

Indomitable
Yeah, provided Fennekin doesn't get the Emboar treatment, that's who I'll be using. However, I've been resistant to adopt the idea of a fairy type. Obviously, if it's legit, I'll accept it, but the speculation around it has very little to go on. You'll note that Pokebeach only posted these supposed "insider" rumors after information in them was revealed, so it's entirely possible this whole thing is a hoax (like every other rumor this gen...). The only confirmed rumor was the new Mewtwo forme, and Mr. XY jumped to claim that with no grounds to try to help his credibility. The source of the fairy type rumor comes from (allegedly) the guy who leaked the Gen V dex, however all of his predictions previous to that were wrong, and he has been wrong in every rumor he's posted this gen too. People just tend to overlook that.

Also, Gamefreak is perfectly able to change up the battling scene without throwing in a new type and having to restructure their previously existing (and well balanced) type chart. I'll admit, Poison and Ice are in need of a little buffing, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were introduced to some powerful new pokemon from those types this gen, along with several new moves in those types. I'm reasonably certain there won't be a new type this gen, but all that aside, yeah, I'm solidly part of the Fennekoalition.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Yeah, provided Fennekin doesn't get the Emboar treatment, that's who I'll be using. However, I've been resistant to adopt the idea of a fairy type. Obviously, if it's legit, I'll accept it, but the speculation around it has very little to go on. You'll note that Pokebeach only posted these supposed "insider" rumors after information in them was revealed, so it's entirely possible this whole thing is a hoax (like every other rumor this gen...). The only confirmed rumor was the new Mewtwo forme, and Mr. XY jumped to claim that with no grounds to try to help his credibility. The source of the fairy type rumor comes from (allegedly) the guy who leaked the Gen V dex, however all of his predictions previous to that were wrong, and he has been wrong in every rumor he's posted this gen too. People just tend to overlook that.

Also, Gamefreak is perfectly able to change up the battling scene without throwing in a new type and having to restructure their previously existing (and well balanced) type chart. I'll admit, Poison and Ice are in need of a little buffing, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were introduced to some powerful new pokemon from those types this gen, along with several new moves in those types. I'm reasonably certain there won't be a new type this gen, but all that aside, yeah, I'm solidly part of the Fennekoalition.

I'm definitely going to use Fennekin on my first run too, and probably either trade for a Froakie or use it in a play through on Y a few weeks after finishing X. Wow, I didn't really even realize about the stuff that the 'leakers' had gotten wrong. I just wish that they would announce what in the world Sylvwon's deal is already. I guess at the latest we'll hopefully know by July 13th, the day that the new movie comes out in Japan. I'd assume that they would use that to reveal the type, as opposed to finding a way to confuse the audiences even more, haha. It would be awful if Fennekin turns into something that makes Emboar look good.

So far these new mons are pretty cool! I'd love to make Pancham and Froakie's evolutions part of my gym, and Helioptile has a neat concept. Maybe Parabolic Charge is the start to new elemental drains...

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Hello.
I want to know something.
Is it OK for me to join if I am only about 75% casual?
Nevermind...

Last edited:

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I'm definitely going to use Fennekin on my first run too, and probably either trade for a Froakie or use it in a play through on Y a few weeks after finishing X. Wow, I didn't really even realize about the stuff that the 'leakers' had gotten wrong. I just wish that they would announce what in the world Sylvwon's deal is already. I guess at the latest we'll hopefully know by July 13th, the day that the new movie comes out in Japan. I'd assume that they would use that to reveal the type, as opposed to finding a way to confuse the audiences even more, haha. It would be awful if Fennekin turns into something that makes Emboar look good.

So far these new mons are pretty cool! I'd love to make Pancham and Froakie's evolutions part of my gym, and Helioptile has a neat concept. Maybe Parabolic Charge is the start to new elemental drains...

Well, i dont thonk parabolic xhargr is a drain persey, althougj the damage/recovery split will probably cancel outthe same way. Im holding judgement until we get abilities, im hoping fpr something like volt absorb or motor drive, and im hoping parabola chatge will be another range attack like discharge (see above abilities) although being a desery lizard id not be surprised if they pull a dry skin on us. Wbatev, mayne an excuse to run rain dance.

EDIT: or, You know, solar power...
I think i'm actually dreading the fandom fallout more than i am actually keeping track of a new type. Wonder how bad the reclass will be... on the flip, if true, it will be nice to tone down the dragons some more. And itll nerf the Spiritomb/sabeleye invincibikity... not that their truly deadly pokemon, but still

The starters actually dont impress me. Im waitng for evolutions. Gogoat is cool, but im not tradingin Jetpack Ditto for him.

Last edited:

Glover

Pain in Rocket side

Well, i dont thonk parabolic xhargr is a drain persey, althougj the damage/recovery split will probably cancel outthe same way. Im holding judgement until we get abilities, im hoping fpr something like volt absorb or motor drive, and im hoping parabola chatge will be another range attack like discharge (see above abilities) although being a desery lizard id not be surprised if they pull a dry skin on us. Wbatev, mayne an excuse to run rain dance.

I think i'm actually dreading the fandom fallout more than i am actually keeping track of a new type. Wonder how bad the reclass will be... on the flip, if true, it will be nice to tone down the dragons some more. And itll nerf the Spiritomb/sabeleye invincibikity... not that their truly deadly pokemon, but still

The starters actually dont impress me. Im waitng for evolutions. Gogoat is cool, but im not tradingin Jetpack Ditto for him. I f ittakes a hammer amd crrowbar, Janie is starting off with her Herdierr

Firebrand

Indomitable
I think i'm actually dreading the fandom fallout more than i am actually keeping track of a new type.

Ohoho, I wouldn't worry about that. If it doesn't come to pass, the supporters will forget all about their little fairy type in a few months, just like they have with "light" type in the past. And should it be confirmed, the naysayers like me will quietly accept the change to the game, praising that at least now the rampant speculators can finally shut up. At least until the next gen...

Oh dear. I sound like an affably evil villain, don't I?

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Ohoho, I wouldn't worry about that. If it doesn't come to pass, the supporters will forget all about their little fairy type in a few months, just like they have with "light" type in the past. And should it be confirmed, the naysayers like me will quietly accept the change to the game, praising that at least now the rampant speculators can finally shut up. At least until the next gen...

I'm thinkin that once Sylveon's type is announced, half of the people will moan and half will cheer. If it does end up bei a new type, the people believing in new ones will come back stronger for Gen VII, but if a new type is not confirmed, it'll probably be the same thing for Gen VII, with advocators for a light/sound/new type being about the same as with this new generation or the beginning of Gen V. They'll find a Reshiram or Sylveon to latch onto for the belief of a new type.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side

Not really...?

I dunno, I don'trecall Light getting this mgh hype since they got the cards in Gen2, (reember those decks? No? Crap, I must be old then) but that could be a lack of connectivity on my part. I suspect there would be a lot of not quiet naysayers if there is a new type, especially fairy (and I do think that fairy sucks as a name for a type), although my theory is that they'll be fuming all the way to the Elite Four as they play the games they want to protest. I do think Gamefreak is falling out of their chairs laughing at us though, especially if Sylveon turns up being something lame and mundane after all this pans out.

When did they ever hype Reshiram for a new type? I only ever remember seeing it as Dragon/??? (fire mostly, some flying)

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Not really...?

I dunno, I don'trecall Light getting this mgh hype since they got the cards in Gen2, (reember those decks? No? Crap, I must be old then) but that could be a lack of connectivity on my part. I suspect there would be a lot of not quiet naysayers if there is a new type, especially fairy (and I do think that fairy sucks as a name for a type), although my theory is that they'll be fuming all the way to the Elite Four as they play the games they want to protest. I do think Gamefreak is falling out of their chairs laughing at us though, especially if Sylveon turns up being something lame and mundane after all this pans out.

When did they ever hype Reshiram for a new type? I only ever remember seeing it as Dragon/??? (fire mostly, some flying)

People seemed to think that since Zekrom was black and Reshiram was white that that would bring the new type. If I recall, a decently sized group followed the idea that Zekrom would turn Dragon/Dark and Reshiram would be Dragon/Light. It could have made sense, and I think that that is the closest equivalent that we have to the Fairy conspiracy with Xerneas and Sylveon.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
So, anyone else signing up for that wifi tournament that's happening soon?

What tournament? We should have another, if this group wasn't so nonexistent on here.

Anyway, lately two new chapters of Maelstrom have been uploaded, and I would really appreciate a review! Click the title to get to the first of two!

Joanie

What tournament? We should have another, if this group wasn't so nonexistent on here.

Anyway, lately two new chapters of Maelstrom have been uploaded, and I would really appreciate a review! Click the title to get to the first of two!

Nintendo's doing one. It's kinda on the front page of the main serebii site. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.