• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Truthfully, the Orre Region, with the Eeveelution twins, a la Coloseum. And if I can get it, the snazzy coat too, the cute sidekick is a nice bonus, though I don't know that I want to get into the whole stopping crime thing. I say that, because Orre is very much a rough-and-ready region. Though there's no true gym challenge, between the Colos and Mt. Batttle, any trainer with a year under their belt coming out of Orre ought to be able to handle about anything.

Bar that, probaby Unova, again with the Duo, or at least the Eevee.

EDIT: And Magic Bounce.

Last edited:

lava172

Free Spirit
Hey can i join? I hate competitive battling and EV training (and stealth rock)

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
No, not really. I still owe you a Friend Code, so we can get that battle in too.

EDIT: It's in mah siggy now.

In other news, I'm writing something that falls into the "current" line of NCTH fics, on it's current uncompleted stage, it's 37 pages. Not all that good yet, but I'm enjoying writing it anyway.

I'm not entirely sure who of the Board is still around, but for now, your best bet is to PM Feralninja or DispleasedOwl and ask them. Both usernames are on the front page, so it should be easy enough to get ahold of that. Good luck!

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Ask Displeased Owl about it, as all of the other members have been added by him.
No, not really. I still owe you a Friend Code, so we can get that battle in too.

In other news, I'm writing something that falls into the "current" line of NCTH fics, on it's current uncompleted stage, it's 37 pages. Not all that good yet, but I'm enjoying writing it anyway.

I'm not entirely sure who of the Board is still around, but for now, your best bet is to PM Feralninja or DispleasedOwl and ask them. Both usernames are on the front page, so it should be easy enough to get ahold of that. Good luck!
Holy Smokes, 37 pages? I hope that's more than one chapter. I've been thinking of making a fic that falls into it. Ihave an outline done, so I just have to write it. Maybe I'll add our battle into it somewhere.We should get to it soon. What time are you compared to GMT?

Firebrand

Indomitable
I can't personally do it, but I'll let DO know. Seriously though, EV training isn't that bad. I don't want us turning into a group of haters. We're just casual players who don't care to spend hours breeding our 'perfect' teams.

Hey, props man, good luck with it. If you need help, I have a great understanding of NCTH canon (seeing as I built it much of it myself XD).

So, here's something that I always love talking about, to try and spark some discussion. Have any of you ever had an anime-esque moment in game? Like, a pokemon miraculously pulling through, or evolving just before a gym leader, or something so farfetched, you would groan if the writers made it happen to Ash?

Personally, my biggest moment like that came a couple years ago. I was fighting Cynthia for the first time in Diamond, and all I had left on my team was Poseidon, my Empoleon. I had just finished off her Lucario with a Torrent-boosted Surf, and knew her Roserade was coming next, because of the info on the main Serebii site. Now, Poseidon didn't know Ice Beam or Earthquake, so I figured I was screwed. I was ready to just give in, and try again later, but Empoleon leveled up. And learned drill peck.
Somehow, I was able to strike first, and OHKO'd the Roserade, making me the Sinnoh Champ. I actually wrote this in as a piece of Cole's backstory in LoH, one of the reasons he's so reluctant to admit to who he is.

The other happened fairly recently, in my Blazing Heart run of SS. Nicotorex the Charizard, in true Nick fashion, was reduced to 17 HP by Karen's Umbreon (A combination of Payback and Faint Attack and Focus Blast missing three times). Well, he finished the Umbreon off with a Blaze Flamethrower, then went on to take down three more members of her team, before finally being stopped by her Houndoom. Keep in mind, he had 17 HP this entire time. Then, up against Lance, he got in a Dragon Pulse, was hit by the final Dragonite's outrage, pulled through, and blasted off another Blaze-boosted Flamethrower.

Nicotorex = Ash's Infernape much?

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I can't personally do it, but I'll let DO know. Seriously though, EV training isn't that bad. I don't want us turning into a group of haters. We're just casual players who don't care to spend hours breeding our 'perfect' teams.

Hey, props man, good luck with it. If you need help, I have a great understanding of NCTH canon (seeing as I built it much of it myself XD).

So, here's something that I always love talking about, to try and spark some discussion. Have any of you ever had an anime-esque moment in game? Like, a pokemon miraculously pulling through, or evolving just before a gym leader, or something so farfetched, you would groan if the writers made it happen to Ash?

Personally, my biggest moment like that came a couple years ago. I was fighting Cynthia for the first time in Diamond, and all I had left on my team was Poseidon, my Empoleon. I had just finished off her Lucario with a Torrent-boosted Surf, and knew her Roserade was coming next, because of the info on the main Serebii site. Now, Poseidon didn't know Ice Beam or Earthquake, so I figured I was screwed. I was ready to just give in, and try again later, but Empoleon leveled up. And learned drill peck.
Somehow, I was able to strike first, and OHKO'd the Roserade, making me the Sinnoh Champ. I actually wrote this in as a piece of Cole's backstory in LoH, one of the reasons he's so reluctant to admit to who he is.

The other happened fairly recently, in my Blazing Heart run of SS. Nicotorex the Charizard, in true Nick fashion, was reduced to 17 HP by Karen's Umbreon (A combination of Payback and Faint Attack and Focus Blast missing three times). Well, he finished the Umbreon off with a Blaze Flamethrower, then went on to take down three more members of her team, before finally being stopped by her Houndoom. Keep in mind, he had 17 HP this entire time. Then, up against Lance, he got in a Dragon Pulse, was hit by the final Dragonite's outrage, pulled through, and blasted off another Blaze-boosted Flamethrower.

Nicotorex = Ash's Infernape much?
Appreciate the offer. For now this falls into place between Cole's run in through Hoenn and Xander's and I'm already ironing out details so I don't step on any toes. That being said, Glover will be heading back to Orre just as soon as he possibly can, so I won't be getting that much interaction with any of the Journeymen just yet. This gets him and my foot in the door though, and gives me a chance to work his character and try to sharpen my skills for jumping back into World Turns.
I don't know much about Torrent or Blaze, mostly because I have this bass-ackwards strategy that revolves around not letting their HP get that low... Alyhough I did manage to pull off a "Catching Pokemon Ash style, in that I hurled a Dusk Ball at Kyruem and the thing dang near jumped into the ball, three rocks and a lock. I'd never caught much of ANYTHING that easily

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Haha, I do try not to let that happen, but sometimes it just does, especially when you go up against pokemon about 10 levels higher than yours. And when it does, and I get lucky enough to survive a devastating blow, be sure I'll turn it around right off.

Also, on an unrelated note, the twenty eighth chapter of Hero's Path Bird Brain is now up. I really like this one.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Appreciate the offer. For now this falls into place between Cole's run in through Hoenn and Xander's and I'm already ironing out details so I don't step on any toes. That being said, Glover will be heading back to Orre just as soon as he possibly can, so I won't be getting that much interaction with any of the Journeymen just yet. This gets him and my foot in the door though, and gives me a chance to work his character and try to sharpen my skills for jumping back into World Turns.
I don't know much about Torrent or Blaze, mostly because I have this bass-ackwards strategy that revolves around not letting their HP get that low... Alyhough I did manage to pull off a "Catching Pokemon Ash style, in that I hurled a Dusk Ball at Kyruem and the thing dang near jumped into the ball, three rocks and a lock. I'd never caught much of ANYTHING that easily

So you're touching on the Hoenn stuff too? Awesomeness. More stuff to read!

DittoDude

The King of Town.
For the region-starter thing, Kanto with a Gastly. I love Ghost-types, and Kanto is cool.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
So you're touching on the Hoenn stuff too? Awesomeness. More stuff to read!

Yes, I am. Whirlwind tour of the Western Half. I've told myself that I'm not gonna post it till I've got it done. I've got still three more major scenes, and an epilogue. It's by no means golden, but I'm having fun writing something, and it's scripted, whereas World Turns is very much wherever it wants to go.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Big news time, everyone.
I've started the reconstruction process of the Ultimate Journey. The only way this league is going to collapse again with the Firebrand at the helm is over my dead body (and don't you be getting any ideas...)

I've opened the invitation to the upper echelons on facebook first, and the response has been overwhelming. Here's the people I've got so far, and the types already on the table...

-Fire, Feralninja (naturally)
-Flying, Dracoburn
-Ice, Nox Invictus
-Dragon, NaturalTrainer
-Dark, :342:
-Fighting, Xman96
-Steel, Kaori'sloveTysuya
-Poison, Keyo61491
-Rock, Gokuzaru
-Psychic, Blaziken10285
-Electric, Glover

I still need 3 more people. We're going to have nine gym leaders and then the elite four. Don't worry about the Champion slot. Drop me a line if you're interested, and tell me what type you want. There won't be any auditions this time, it'll be more like the first time we got this league going. Once I've got the slots filled (or at least three more), I'll start arranging people into ranks based on... well, a couple factors. More on that later.

Now, there's going to be some changes in the rules from the Displeased Owl administration. Let's get right down to business.

1. All battles will now be held in the "flat" style, meaning level 50 all, and limits on the number of pokemon. This is in the interest of fairness. You can still pick the battle style, but they MUST be flat rule. This also means that any legendary banned from battle facilities is subsequently banned here.
2. Leaders: If you do not come online for roughly a month, your position is revoked. There needs to be a commitment for this, people. If I'm trying to get in touch with you, and you don't come online for a while, how will that message be received? Even if you're an e4 member, and don't need to worry about challengers for a while (if ever...), there may (and likely will be) things I need all my leaders to hear.
3. I have also changed the rules for wildcards. If your battle style of choice is double, rotation, or triple, you have no change. But if you choose single battle, then you do not get a wild card. This is due to the fact that unlike fourth gen, single battles can only be done in flat rule with 3 pokemon, and if you have a type-trumping wild card (say Swampert or Sceptile for my gym), then literally a whole third of your team lies outside the chosen type.
4. There is now a leauge-wide species clause and items clause. This applies to both leaders and challengers. To anyone who doesn't know what this means... You cannot have two pokemon of the same species, and no pokemon can have the same hold item. In practice, that means I can't bring two Charizards, or I can't give both my Ninetales and Chandelure Passho Berries. Most leaders already had this rule, but I'm simply making it official.
5. If you're down to your last pokemon and you disconnect, you lose. You can blame your router all you want but thats how it's going down. It will certainly look like a ragequit. It's simply inconsiderate to your opponent.

Those are the only changes I have at the moment. If more arise, I'll be sure to include them. If there are any questions or concerns with these rules, bring them up with me, and I will address them.

So in closing... let's bring this back. I know a lot of you have been waiting for it. I'm not going to let this all fall to pieces again. The Firebrand is blazing a way to the future for us, bright as a newborn sun.

"I'm through accepting limits because someone says they're so. Somethings I cannot change, but until I try, I'll never know~."

Last edited:

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I'm intrigued, but I'm new to League stuff so I';m not sure I'd be any good. Also, all the types I'm interested in are taken.

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
Awesome! I look forward to battling, again! Be it against challengers, or as one.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Aye, I'm providing for nine leaders this time, so even gym leaders have a shot at the big name. Attention all other gym leaders... prepare to get immolated by the holy flame. None shall stand in the Firebrand's path to the top! None shall stop me from achieving... Radiance!

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Gotta tell you, I'm not fond of Flat 50 in my first time using it.

I'd be willing to take the electric slot though maybe.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
It was for fairness. It's unfair to get people to fix the levels of their team. My own runs from 52 to 100. I could demand all challengers come in with full teams of lvl 100s, but that's not right. I couldn't in good faith allow anyone in this league to do that.

Also, blaziken, I'll edit you in~

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
It was for fairness. It's unfair to get people to fix the levels of their team. My own runs from 52 to 100. I could demand all challengers come in with full teams of lvl 100s, but that's not right. I couldn't in good faith allow anyone in this league to do that.

Also, blaziken, I'll edit you in~

No, I don't bame you for it, I;m just not fond of the mechanics behind it.

If you have room I'll take the electric chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.