• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Hey guys! Haven't been around much lately, and for that, I apologize. Once again though my fic is on hold. I do hope to finish it sometime, but right now, I have so much stuff going on that I don't have a lot of time on my hands. I am looking forward to the new fics coming out though! I'm still one of the leaders of this league, I don't want anyone forgetting about me :p

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Speaking of fics, and Xander's in particular, let me introduce you to a character of mine making his debut in Tempest.

"It really is too bad that you're so broken XD-Zero, you coulda been something. That Lugia, he was nothing compared to the plans we had for you."

Ace stepped closer. "No. One. Makes plans of me. Not as a weapon, not as a tool for domination." A tenacle made a small snap in the air next to Hospel's head, forming Ace's hand. He patted the R&D on the cheek softly three times. "But don't worry. I don't have grudges." Then he raised his hand. "Oh, wait. No, it's Scruples I don't have." And with that, his hand went firmly to the bad Doctor's head like it was being sucked on. One thumb went to the base of the sinus cavity, while an index finger stuck firmly to the temple.

Hospel got out one loud scream before his eyes shrunk completely white.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I'll take the ghost slot.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
So I have started on the beginning off a fic idea I have been thinking about for a while and was wondering: how far should I get (in chapters) before I post the beginning in the fan fic section?

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
So I have started on the beginning off a fic idea I have been thinking about for a while and was wondering: how far should I get (in chapters) before I post the beginning in the fan fic section?

That, is completely up to you. I've seen the number 5 batted around a few time. I'm purposefully withholding Tempest (Working titel for the Hoenn fic) until I'm done, but World Turns I've been making up as I go, because that's what it's whole purpose in life is and I'm much furthur ahead in plot than I am in writing.

If you know where you want the fic to go, there's no requirement for pre-writtens. If it updates monthly, bi-weekly, or whatever, as long is stuff is being put out, and that I'm on a PM list if there is one.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
That, is completely up to you. I've seen the number 5 batted around a few time. I'm purposefully withholding Tempest (Working titel for the Hoenn fic) until I'm done, but World Turns I've been making up as I go, because that's what it's whole purpose in life is and I'm much furthur ahead in plot than I am in writing.

If you know where you want the fic to go, there's no requirement for pre-writtens. If it updates monthly, bi-weekly, or whatever, as long is stuff is being put out, and that I'm on a PM list if there is one.

Haha. Good to know, then probably tomorrow. I'll most likely just put a link here in this club at first, so be watching out for it!

Firebrand

Indomitable
If I were you, Blaziken, and a novice author, I would write the first three chapters to see if it goes anywhere, and then post at regular (weekly?) intervals. That way, even if you don't update for a while, you have a buffer and your readers will get a sense of uniformity.
The best way for me to explain it is through serialized manga. If you read it, you'll get what I'm saying. If not, allow me to elaborate. Manga in Weekly Shonen Jump is just that, weekly. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, these all come out on a certain day of the week, and the translated scans soon after. For me, they start circulating on Wednesday. Likewise, I can expect to be able to read Fairy Tail every sunday. For the manga that is only syndicated in monthly additions, those also have a fixed date, the last Thursday of the month or something.
This release schedule, while it helps the readers know when they'll find out "what happens next", also helps the writer, because he/she now has clearly defined deadlines to meet.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
If I were you, Blaziken, and a novice author, I would write the first three chapters to see if it goes anywhere, and then post at regular (weekly?) intervals. That way, even if you don't update for a while, you have a buffer and your readers will get a sense of uniformity.
The best way for me to explain it is through serialized manga. If you read it, you'll get what I'm saying. If not, allow me to elaborate. Manga in Weekly Shonen Jump is just that, weekly. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, these all come out on a certain day of the week, and the translated scans soon after. For me, they start circulating on Wednesday. Likewise, I can expect to be able to read Fairy Tail every sunday. For the manga that is only syndicated in monthly additions, those also have a fixed date, the last Thursday of the month or something.
This release schedule, while it helps the readers know when they'll find out "what happens next", also helps the writer, because he/she now has clearly defined deadlines to meet.
Ok. I'll most likely begin bi-weekly and see how it does from there. I've made an outline telling how I'll be making the first phase/part to keep me straight. I've also gotten through the second chapter and it's going well. (and I guess I've been waiting anxiously to post it)

Firebrand

Indomitable
Thinking about writing a quick fic extra, taking place between LoH and HP. The only hitch is, only like five human characters from LoH are still around. So "A Very Journeymen Christmas" would sort of entail Raj, Becca, Xander, Mozzeh and Cole chilling at the tower, and that would be just depressing. I can't set it post HP because that would mean toooooons of spoilers about the ending. Cole really comes back a changed man. He wouldn't be the same AT ALL. And it can't be in HP, because I've already planned a christmas thing towards the end of that fic (very gift of the magi inspired).
Still, I'd love to do a "christmas special" with the league, just like LoH was. Since it's an non-canon extra, I suppose I can do whatever I want, even do something with the new league, or a Christmas Carol-y thing, very Dickensian (I'm thinking Becca could make a good Scrooge :p).

So is "A Very Journeymen Christmas" a feasible thing, or should I consign i to an ideological black hole?

EDIT: Also, newest Hero's Path Chance Encounter is up.

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Thinking about writing a quick fic extra, taking place between LoH and HP. The only hitch is, only like five human characters from LoH are still around. So "A Very Journeymen Christmas" would sort of entail Raj, Becca, Xander, Mozzeh and Cole chilling at the tower, and that would be just depressing. I can't set it post HP because that would mean toooooons of spoilers about the ending. Cole really comes back a changed man. He wouldn't be the same AT ALL. And it can't be in HP, because I've already planned a christmas thing towards the end of that fic (very gift of the magi inspired).
Still, I'd love to do a "christmas special" with the league, just like LoH was. Since it's an non-canon extra, I suppose I can do whatever I want, even do something with the new league, or a Christmas Carol-y thing, very Dickensian (I'm thinking Becca could make a good Scrooge :p).

So is "A Very Journeymen Christmas" a feasible thing, or should I consign i to an ideological black hole?
I like the idea, but there's just so many things wrong with it that there's really no feasible way to do it. I think the bolded part is the best way, or you could do something and have both the old and new people in it...

Last edited:

DittoDude

The King of Town.

EDIT: Also, newest Hero's Path Chance Encounter is up.

Might be okay, if you make me the annoying guy who ruins it for everyone.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Honestly, I think Cole's best bet is to toss out a non-universal or spin-off Chsitmas party and see who shows up. Canononically speaking, Cole and Glover can't meet up until after HP anyway, on account of

Glover being in Mauville at the time the Firebrand is laying waste to Fortress Fortree, then heading home to Gateon shortly after Cole ends up in Pallet

so I'm out of the running. Truthfully, although not exactly fair, I see no reason why the "Old Guard" of Journeymen can;t still be written as NPC style chars, that is they are there, but not really doing much more than cameoing. Who knows though.

---
Unrelated note: I have anElectivire with a question. I'm running the three special Punches plus shockwave on him, that gives me a special and a physical move of his type inc ase I encounter something I shouldn't touch, like Cursed Body. The problem is, I tend to use Shockwave more than I do Thunderpunch for elcetric type needs, and I'm debasting equipping Brick Break in case any of my challengers are fond of Walls. Should I replace his second STAB move, or forget about it and be happy with one Blaziken w/ Brick Break?

Firebrand

Indomitable
I've decided just to use the "Old Guard" for the christmas extra. When I did LoH, the focus was mostly on the collaboration, but here and now, I'm focusing on the story. I'm taking a lot of holiday-themed... well, themes, and incorporating them. the remaining members of the old league have left me just enough characters to do what I need.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Looking forward to it.

On my front, It looks like Tempest will be sidetracking into the new year to make room for a Christmas Special.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Sorry there hasn't been an update on league stuff recently. Well, here's what's happened so far. I sent a PM to two of the league section mods, asking whether or not a noncomp league would be okay in the league section... because technically, it's under the forum for competitive pokemon.

And as of yet, I've heard nothing back.

Lately I've been thinking that we may as well just run this through the group. We can edit earlier posts with links to a gym post made by each leader. If I haven't heard back by this time next week, I'll let you all know what the next step is.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Sorry there hasn't been an update on league stuff recently. Well, here's what's happened so far. I sent a PM to two of the league section mods, asking whether or not a noncomp league would be okay in the league section... because technically, it's under the forum for competitive pokemon.

And as of yet, I've heard nothing back.

Lately I've been thinking that we may as well just run this through the group. We can edit earlier posts with links to a gym post made by each leader. If I haven't heard back by this time next week, I'll let you all know what the next step is.

Use the staff contact section, it was made so you wouldn't PM mods.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Chapter 30 of Hero's Path, Top Percentage is now up, with a special appearance by one of the most... *ahem* well known canon characters of Gen IV and the beginning of the next major plot arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.