• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
As stated, Alakazam is THE psychic type. It has a diverse movepool, good stats, and is cool, plain and simple. I'd also recomend Sigilyph for some diversity, Reuniclus for walling potential, and Jynx for trick rooming, skill swaping and ice punching insanity.

TBH, I'm not sure on wobuffet. There's a reason he's banned from most comp play. I... I may need to make a ruling on this one...

Actually, I keep up with competitive battling, despite not doing it, and Wobbuffet is no longer banned.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Ok, in light of all of the pro-Alakazam feeling I am hearing does anyone have a DW Abra they'd be willing to trade? I have a full pokedex if you want a normal pokemon and I also have the basic package of DW Pokemon from the Spooky Manor, Rugged Mountain, and that forest area.

Ciliano

Hmmm. Is this club still organizing a league? That's a pretty cool idea.

Firebrand

Indomitable
*grits teeth* anyone ELSE want to take over what I'm doing? Get the mods to give a damn? Keep people actually in the group? By all means. Appearances aside, it's not an easy job, as DO can attest. So, who wants to step up and literally take the weight of the group on their shoulders? Speak up now.

Until then, someone organize a few battles. Sorta what we're here for, ain't it? I'll send another wave of messages to a couple mods who can actually do something about the league. If I don't hear by Christmas, screw it. We'll run the league out of the group thread. And everyone who commited, I expect you to be on board ASAP. The regulations that I've stated go into effect RIGHT THEN.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
*grits teeth* anyone ELSE want to take over what I'm doing? Get the mods to give a damn? Keep people actually in the group? By all means. Appearances aside, it's not an easy job, as DO can attest. So, who wants to step up and literally take the weight of the group on their shoulders? Speak up now.

Until then, someone organize a few battles. Sorta what we're here for, ain't it? I'll send another wave of messages to a couple mods who can actually do something about the league. If I don't hear by Christmas, screw it. We'll run the league out of the group thread. And everyone who commited, I expect you to be on board ASAP. The regulations that I've stated go into effect RIGHT THEN.

NO disrespect was meant, I'm sorry I came across wrong. Youv;e been through the staff contact that was pointed out earier, correct?

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master

I'll help with the forums part as well as I can.
In other word, anyone want to have a practice battle with me using my psychic team as my test dummy in a few days?

Firebrand

Indomitable
Yes, naturally. However, in my experience, every single mod (with the exception of bobandbill and dragonfree, who won't be all too helpful here) don't really give a damn when a normal user contacts them, for any reason whatsoever.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Yes, naturally. However, in my experience, every single mod (with the exception of bobandbill and dragonfree, who won't be all too helpful here) don't really give a damn when a normal user contacts them, for any reason whatsoever.

Do you think they would respond if someone got bobandbill or dragonfree to contact them or if we have all of the current club members to contact one of them?

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
It's been proven before that the mods don't do anything unless a massive amount of people petition them to do it..

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
It's been proven before that the mods don't do anything unless a massive amount of people petition them to do it..

This seems, and while I understand that they have lives too, a bad way to run a subforum when you have requests for leagues, unless its a way of weeding out those who simply want to say "I have a League!"

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
So I was reading the new rule changes set to go into action on the 27th of December for the wifi battles in BW. They are as follows:
1. Pokemon can only use moves they learned through level up, breeding, events, or HM/TM
1-1. Sky Drop and Dark Void are banned
2. Hacked Pokemon are banned and as such you will not be able to battle with them
3. Earlier rules still apply past this

So my question to you-will this affect you as this league/club/group-thing begins again?

In my policies I only used the AR in early Gen IV, so I'm clean at the moment. (Hopefully I can say the same about the people I have traded with...)

Firebrand

Indomitable
I should hope that those rules would be observed anyway. My stance on hacked pokemon is thus: if you have a hacked pokemon, just don't use it. It's not that hard. However, if you've used an AR to force a random encounter with a pokemon (like a shiny, legendary, etc.) but that pokemon still has the randomly generated stats, then go ahead and use it. But if you come in with a Wondertomb that knows... let's say, Shadow Force, Spacial Rend, Judgement and Inferno, we have a problem.

Any rules put in place by random matchup will likely also carry into the flat rules for wifi battling. But we're an honorable league (or I should hope so) and I don't think we'll have any issues with this.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Gonna ask a dumb question, but how else would a Pokemon learn moves, or doe sit mean it's outlawing Tutor moves?

Also, while Palkia and Darkrai were blocked anyway, why would they be blocking Dark Void and Spacial Rend?

Firebrand

Indomitable
It's dark void and sky drop.
Sky drop because it does some weird things to the battle. Serebii's done a section on it. I don't really understand the mechanics, but suffice to say it causes a glitch.
And Dark Void because (though only Darkrai and Smeargle can know it) it's a move that can put pokemon to sleep, guaranteed, and is sorta broken because of that. With other sleep moves, there's a chance to miss. Not Dark Void.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Gonna ask a dumb question, but how else would a Pokemon learn moves, or doe sit mean it's outlawing Tutor moves?

Also, while Palkia and Darkrai were blocked anyway, why would they be blocking Dark Void and Spacial Rend?

No. Tutor moves are still legit. You see, ARs can make Pokemon learn any move, such as teaching a Sandslash Spacial Rend-not cool. Dark Void is just as Feral said, unstoppable and powerful, as it puts both pokemon to sleep while in a double battle and its accuracy is beast. Spacial Rend is still legit, or would be if something could learn it that wasn't already banned.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I just posted part one of three of A Journeymen Solstice Carol, a League of Hero's holiday special. Make sure to check it out. All members of the old league still active are in it, and all that aside, it's a compelling story in the spirit of the season.
I guarantee it'll bring a smile to your face. Or at least, it will eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.