• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Indomitable
The Firebrand arched an eyebrow. "Now you see the true power of the Elite Four." He ran a hand down the matted fur of his Ninetales. "Heaven's wrath and the passion of fire. None shall stand before it.

Dave returned his fallen Magmortar. "But... I don't..."

"You weren't ready," the Firebrand replied.

Yes, I defended my symbol against Blazi. Try again sometime, maybe after a little re-strategizing.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
The Firebrand arched an eyebrow. "Now you see the true power of the Elite Four." He ran a hand down the matted fur of his Ninetales. "Heaven's wrath and the passion of fire. None shall stand before it.

Dave returned his fallen Magmortar. "But... I don't..."

"You weren't ready," the Firebrand replied.

Yes, I defended my symbol against Blazi. Try again sometime, maybe after a little re-strategizing.

Yeah, though I think the team did well for one I spent 5 minutes putting together, as it was on the tiebreaker round and both of our final members were in the bottom of their health. I would have won if Ninetales wasn't as fast. Oh well, I'll just challenge again later.

Wartiger97

The Forester
Hey guy and gals my wifi is down so I can't get online except tuesdays and thursdays @ 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm EST (GMT-5).

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
My gym for the moment will be closed. I'm debating changing the type to fighting in Xman's departure so... I guess I'll post when I've made up my mind.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Chapter Ten: On Flashbacks and Catching Up, is ready a few days earlier than I'd planned due to a Martial Arts tournament of mine on Saturday. Please, somebody read it. It mentions the events of LoH in a bit of detail, sort of in honor of the LoH anniversary happening pretty soon. But really, also, I'm starved for a review. The past several posts in the thread are mine, with no comments from anyone, and I feel like I'm violating the multi-post rule.

AND there goes my whiney fiction check-in. Have a good weekend, Journeymen!

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Chapter Ten: On Flashbacks and Catching Up, is ready a few days earlier than I'd planned due to a Martial Arts tournament of mine on Saturday. Please, somebody read it. It mentions the events of LoH in a bit of detail, sort of in honor of the LoH anniversary happening pretty soon. But really, also, I'm starved for a review. The past several posts in the thread are mine, with no comments from anyone, and I feel like I'm violating the multi-post rule.

I didn't relaize this was approaching an anniversary. Huh, then I really need to get cracking on the Post Tempest follow up short story.

Question: I need a few members of the LoH for the story, if I post up a quick preview of what I'm wanting to do, could I get some people to step up and assign some of the membrs past, and themselves if interested? Sadly, Becca and Cole are already disposed on their journeys, although I could very much use your guys' character coaching since I wasn't here when the others were.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master

That double posting is not really a rule in the Fan Fics when you're the author. Oh, since The Galactic Files doesn't get many reviews either, how about we do a review exchange? I review your's and you review mine.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
@Glover
Read LoH, if you haven't already. I also did some characterization in my works. Either way, read both Cole's and Becca's takes on the Summit.

@Blaziken
I know that the rule doesn't apply on fan fics, but it's become branded into my brain, so now it bugs me even if it -is- allowed.

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
I haven't really been too active, but I've been available none the less. If anyone wants to test out a pokemon/team, I'm pretty much free whenever. I won't be using my gym team, so any sort of battle is welcome.

Firebrand

Indomitable

That double posting is not really a rule in the Fan Fics when you're the author. Oh, since The Galactic Files doesn't get many reviews either, how about we do a review exchange? I review your's and you review mine.

*insert plug for [url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?544244-The-Review-Game&highlight=]the Review Game here*

I didn't relaize this was approaching an anniversary. Huh, then I really need to get cracking on the Post Tempest follow up short story.

Question: I need a few members of the LoH for the story, if I post up a quick preview of what I'm wanting to do, could I get some people to step up and assign some of the membrs past, and themselves if interested? Sadly, Becca and Cole are already disposed on their journeys, although I could very much use your guys' character coaching since I wasn't here when the others were.

If you've got any questions, shoot me a PM and I'll get you any info you need.

And finally, Darkest Night, the latest Hero's Path chapter is up.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Attention Anyone reading: I am currently looking for people to help me test my fighting typed gym team! I have a rough idea of what it will consist of so if anyone wants to help me it would be great to see how they battle. Would anyone like to humor me in a rotation battle?

Firebrand

Indomitable
Dear fellow NCTH fic writers: the review game has been fixed (kinda). At least now you won't have to deal with strange and obscure fandoms anymore. So if you need reviews, you know where to go.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
So, the seventh of May is going to be the anniversary of LoH. How shall we celebrate?

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
So, the seventh of May is going to be the anniversary of LoH. How shall we celebrate?

Thanks to the power of an impatient Celebi who wanted to see what the future held:

Glover stepped into the center of the Tower's main hall. Those present had it decorated in a respectfully cheerful manner, as one might see a wake done, for though this was a memorial of unpleseant memories, it's the fond ones that must be dwelled upon.

In his hand was a sparkiling clear wineglass, holding the finest beverage that a Miltank could offer: cold, refreshing, white milk. He carefully tapped the glass with a stirring spoon; drawing the assembled crowd of Pokemon and trainers.

"If I may, I know I am a relative newcomer to the Journeymen, but I wish to raise the glass. A Toast to comrades: To those fallen, may they be serving alongside Arceus as proudly as they stood by us, and basking in their rewards. To friends, who have drifted. May they find the lights at the end of their own journeys to be soothing, and lead them again across our paths. And to those who still remain." Glover swept the room with his glass. "To the comrades beside you whom you've entrusted your lives with, and hold it more preciously than a newborn baby. You're family, and its a family I am proud to be a part of, with a lineage of respect, of heroes who were not larger than life, but bravely stood down those who thought they were."

"Here here" murmured the crowd in their various tongues. Dreamy eyes looked up towards the heavens, and for the first time, the party was quiet, for one brief moment of respect. Moto gave them their time, as a ghost recollections of death menat different things for him, and at the moment's end, he turned eagerly and leapt back into jamming out tunes on the dj system.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
I was thinking if we had enough people jump onto the RP bandwagon, we could make it its own thread in the Fan Fiction section.

ANYWAY, Feral and I talked it over and I won the chance to send the next part. Hooray! Here goes..

Trainers of the League of Heroes! As I'm sure you know, our league is hitting a major milestone in the coming weeks. Because of this, we would like to extend an invitation to the official LoH Reunion at the Tower of the Ancients on May Seventh. We would like to recognize all of the strength and courage that exists in the allumni of the Omega War. We are also aware of the restructuring that the league has gone through since its induction, and we offer an invitation to our newer members as well.
Please bring along your league team and any memories that you wish to reminisce about. There will be food, opportunities for battling and non-alcoholic bevarages. In our efforts to keep the Pokemon world sober, however, it is BYOB if you want alcohol.
RSVP either by phone at (1)800-555-5041 or on the started thread on our group forum. Hope to see you there!
League of Heroes HQ, Tower of the Ancients, Unova

Becca took a deep, shaky breath as she held the sheet of paper in her hands. The Braviary that had delivered it watched her expectantly, and as she tossed it the treat that it expected as its tip, she wondered if it was the same bird that had delivered her invitation to the original Summit. The eagle, satisfied with the scrap of dried fruit, fluttered off away from the mountain. Becca's collection of Eeveelutions in Mia, the Espeon, Spook, the Umbreon, and their three children all watched the creature fly away, feline curiosity sparkling off of their tiny fangs.

"What's that?"

The Mountain Trainer spooked as her roommate slid his arms around her, and she elbowed him in the Solar Plexus. He staggered as the wind was knocked out of him. "Oh! Sorry, Lance.. It's a letter from HQ. Looks like we've got a reunion coming up."

The Dragon Master caught his breath and looked over the paper she extended to him. "Hmm.. May Seventh.. That's a week from today, isn't it?"

Becca tried to quiet her trembling hands. "Looks like it."

"You're planning on going, right?"

"Of course!" She bit her lip. "Lance, uh, it doesn't say anything about whether or not I can bring a guest.."

He smiled. "Don't sweat it, I'll hold down the fort." He took her hands and looked into her eyes sternly. "I do expect a full recap of the evening, though. And no going off with Cole on one of his crazy adventures. You're with me, now."

The two of them broke off snickering, the man's facade of overprotectiveness crumbling around them both. "Really, though, I expect you to say hi to everybody for me. Bring me back a souvenier if you can."

Becca's grin broke off as something occured to her. "It didn't say anything about dress code. Oh man, I hope I don't need a dress.. I've gotta at least look good.. Damn, I think I need to call Skyla.."

Firebrand

Indomitable
The bourbon was reputedly the best in Unova, and a personal gift from the brewer. Certainly, it was the finest stock in Iccurius City. Though, Cole reflected as he took another swig, he probably should have been drinking it from a glass and not straight from the bottle. The hard liquor burned his throat as he gulped it down. He wasn’t used to the hard stock, never having drank much more than a little beer and wine here and there. But whatever, all the better to get drunk with.

“Our efforts to keep the world sober,” Cole chuckled. “Yeah right!”

He idly kicked the two empty bottles of Guinness over the edge of the Tower before taking another drink of bourbon. Already his head was starting to buzz. He capped the bottle and stuck it in his duster pocket. He’d save the rest for later. Slowly he turned and glanced at Prometheus.

“What do you want?”

The Charizard sighed. “The feast has started. And here you are, getting drunk. Honestly Cole, what’s wrong with you?”

The Firebrand huffed out a sigh and sat on the edge of the Tower, dangling his legs off the flat top. “I’m just not in a celebratory mood.”

Prometheus put a claw on Cole’s shoulder. “Imagine if Athena or Maeve saw you like this. You know get seditious when you get drunk. So why do this?”

“Maybe I feel a little maudlin, all right?” growled Cole. “I’m just not feeling it, brother.” He reached for the bottle of bourbon again. “Here, have some.”

“You know I don’t drink. Messes up my fire sac.”

“Whatever. Can’t say I didn’t offer.”

They sat in silence for a time, watching the sun dip over the distant mountain peaks. Cole drew his knees up to his chest and watched as the sun disappeared behind the mountains. As he blinked the colored spots out of his eyes, he growled low in his throat. “Arceus, this whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.”

“Maybe you should stay away from the harder spirits,” Prometheus said, rolling his eyes.

“Not that. This. This whole feast thing. Most of the original Journeymen are… gone. And they aren’t coming back. It would be something different if they were dead, but no, these bastards just up and left us, sometimes without so much as a goodbye.” The Firebrand shook his head. Even his friend and mentor, Raj, the league’s founder had left for bigger and better things.

Cole drew another bottle of beer from his coat. “Don’t you think you’ve had enough?” his Charizard snapped, and tried to snatch it away. Cole held it out of his reach.

“You think I’m going to drink cheap crap like this?” He shook the bottle in front of Prometheus’s nose. This was no prime stock like the bourbon. He had picked it up in a liquor store in Driftveil with a fake ID and a little street cred. He tried twisting it open, but it needed a bottle opener, which he did not have. With very little ceremony, Cole smashed the neck of the bottle on the stone roof of the Tower and dumped the contents to the ground far below.

“An ablution to absent friends, wherever the hell they are!” he shouted. “And you’re lucky I spent seven bucks on you, you bastards!” With a grunt, Cole hurled the broken bottle out into the desert where he hoped it shattered into a million little pieces.

Then he got up, swilled a little mouthwash to clear the taste of alcohol from his palette and staggered down the stairs. Prometheus was always just a step behind, ready to catch him if he fell. Athena met them outside the doors of the feast hall, and Cole put her on his shoulder with a smile.

“Well hey there, Fuzzball. How you doing?”

“You’ve been drinking again,” was all Athena said. “You know I don’t like it when you drink.”

Cole sighed. “I know. I just… It’s all… what else am I supposed to do, hon? It numbs the pain.”

The Victini glanced at Prometheus. “We’ll take him flying later.”

“The cold air will do him some good,” the Charizard agreed. “And maybe a three hundred foot drop too.”

Cole pushed open the doors to the large hall and glared around the room. A few old friends, some new faces. With a grunt, he walked to his chair, a place of honor near the head of the table. He paused, and realized every eye in the room was on him.

“What?” he snapped.

If they were expecting a rousing Firebrand speech, they weren’t getting one. He sat down with a sigh, poured himself half a glass of iced tea, and then added some more bourbon to it.

Whatever. He didn’t care if everyone saw.

He picked idly at his salad as the chatter buzzed around him. Why did he agree to come to this train wreck again? Sometimes it was better just to leave old wounds closed. He couldn’t get up and leave again, not so soon after sitting down. Discreetly, he fed his headphones up through his shirt and pushed them into his ears. Then, he sat back and allowed the piano and brass concerto to wash over him, all the while nodding politely as one of the new leaders related some anecdote.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So the best part about this exercise is that anyone who wants to RP... can! You don't have to be a fic writer, or write something this long. If you've got something in mind, just put it out here in character. This is supposed to be a fun thing (despite Cole's current mood), and as close to fireworks as we can get via the internet.
So for the next week, RP your hearts out so long as you stay within the parameters of a dinner at the Tower. I'll post a few more times this week, to keep things on track if necessary.
Then, come the seventh, I'll write an RP wrap up, compile all the RPs and make it one big thing. So there you have it. You've got a week to get the Firebrand sober and smiling.

HAVE FUN!

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
So I guess it's my turn!

"AND HIT!" Dave yelled as he drilled his Pokemon so they were always in top physical condition. At the moment he was working on his main travel team, who had not had a decent adventure since the Sinnoh Incident.

"Braviary!"

"Huh?" the trainer responded when the bird came flying from the sky. It was never normal to see one in the island region of Hoenn. He walked toward the bird and noticed the note in his talon. Before he could respond again, the Braviary handed him the note and flew away. "Well that's odd." And as when anything strange happens, curiosity killed the Delcatty.

Trainers of the League of Heroes! As I'm sure you know, our league is hitting a major milestone in the coming weeks. Because of this, we would like to extend an invitation to the official LoH Reunion at the Tower of the Ancients on May Seventh. We would like to recognize all of the strength and courage that exists in the alumni of the Omega War. We are also aware of the restructuring that the league has gone through since its induction, and we offer an invitation to our newer members as well.
Please bring along your league team and any memories that you wish to reminisce about. There will be food, opportunities for battling and non-alcoholic beverages. In our efforts to keep the Pokemon world sober, however, it is BYOB if you want alcohol.
RSVP either by phone at (1)800-555-5041 or on the started thread on our group forum. Hope to see you there!
League of Heroes HQ, Tower of the Ancients, Unova

"Awesome! Hey guys, stop drills for a minute. We have a party be at in five days and a long trip ahead of us. Let's go!" And just like that Dave packed some supplies and hopped on his Togekiss Cuddles and headed for the Slateport harbor.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Well, it seems Feral is starting us much later than Draco is. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to do some setup...

---
"A letter for you, Glover." Gardevoir said in perfect english."

"Thanks, Guin." I turned the fine parchment over, recognizing the Callligraphy JL for Journeymen's League, and the wax seal. "By chance, was this brought by a Braviary?"

"Why, yes Glover. Very handsome, one. Polite too, very regal." Guinievere stifled a little giggle behind her hand.

"I see." I sstudied the letter for a moment, then popped up from my recliner to grab some paper and a pen. "He is still here, is he not?"

"Back feeder, by the gazebo and fountain. Quite fascinated by your miniature garden trains, too. Looks like what he sees when he's flying, he says."

"Guin, how long has he been here?"

"Long enough." She giggled again, then decided to change subject away from herself. "So, what is this?"

"The Journeymen are getting together, a memorial toast to thosewho've taken part in past operatiins, specifically the Omega incident, but you know how old warriors can be."

"Oh yes, Arthur's table back home is full of blowhards. It sounds like a wonderful time though to meet some people though."

"It may be, but I'm concerned about a few odl scars. here's my RSVP, if you'd take it out to him for me, I'll see what I can do for dinner."

"Of course."

"And Guin? I'd realyl like to make a date of this, asmuch so as I can, anyway,"

"But you don't think you're darling wife will be quick to pull out the little black dress."

"Or any dress. We haven't been to any real galas in quite some time, and you know how over concenred she is about her looks."

"I'll see what magic I can work, Glover."

Status
Not open for further replies.