• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
The snow-frosted trainer walked down the mountain path, Wyntre, his Glaceon, following his footsteps closely, so as to nudge him in the right direction, should he misstep. The snowstorm did little to hinder his trek from the gym, though it made the visibility almost non-existant. Luckily, the ice Leader always wore his thick, black trench coat for such occasions. Though today, instead of his fedora, and thin gloves, he wore a ski mask, and thick, insulated gloves. His boots were already fine for cold weather, and his water-proof pack was strapped tightly to his back to keet it from being lost to the strong, frigid winds.

He reached is destination soon after that. A sheltered cave behind several boulders, placed to protect it from the wind. A campfire already burned brightly, left by it's previous occupant. Not ten minutes later, a thud was heard as something landed outside, before a water-tight letter was tossed inside. The sound of large wings flapping heralded the poke-courier's departure. Wyntre grabbed it, and deposited it in his lap. He opened it after a moment of deliberation and read it with a sour expression.

Trainers of the League of Heroes! As I'm sure you know, our league is hitting a major milestone in the coming weeks. Because of this, we would like to extend an invitation to the official LoH Reunion at the Tower of the Ancients on May Seventh. We would like to recognize all of the strength and courage that exists in the alumni of the Omega War. We are also aware of the restructuring that the league has gone through since its induction, and we offer an invitation to our newer members as well.
Please bring along your league team and any memories that you wish to reminisce about. There will be food, opportunities for battling and non-alcoholic beverages. In our efforts to keep the Pokemon world sober, however, it is BYOB if you want alcohol.
RSVP either by phone at (1)800-555-5041 or on the started thread on our group forum. Hope to see you there!
League of Heroes HQ, Tower of the Ancients, Unova

He then sighed and looked to Wyntre, "Lovely. And here I thought the Snowstorms and Avalanches would keep them from bothering me.." He muttered, mostly to himself.

Wyntre nudges him. You know you should go, Forrest.. There's no reason not to.

He snorts. "There's plenty of reason not to. I don't want to. I have things to do. Trainers to check up on." he replies. She just huffs, and leaves her statement standing.

He frowns and sighs, "Fine. I'll think about it.." he relents, leaving the frosty feline with a pleased, smug look on her face.

Last edited:

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Xander sat down to check his email, something that he hadn't done in a few months. He scrolled through the couple dozen emails he had recieved, some he marked to read later others he just deleted, but one caught his eye, it said,

"Trainers of the League of Heroes! As I'm sure you know, our league is hitting a major milestone in the coming weeks. Because of this, we would like to extend an invitation to the official LoH Reunion at the Tower of the Ancients on May Seventh. We would like to recognize all of the strength and courage that exists in the alumni of the Omega War. We are also aware of the restructuring that the league has gone through since its induction, and we offer an invitation to our newer members as well.
Please bring along your league team and any memories that you wish to reminisce about. There will be food, opportunities for battling and non-alcoholic beverages. In our efforts to keep the Pokemon world sober, however, it is BYOB if you want alcohol.
RSVP either by phone at (1)800-555-5041 or on the started thread on our group forum. Hope to see you there!
League of Heroes HQ, Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

He smiled, it had been months since he had seen any of them, his work had gotten to be too much and he had to drop his Elite Four posistion. Xander RSPVed back with a simple, "Wouldn't miss if for the world."

Last edited:

TheNorthWind

Master of Puppets
I suppose I'll throw in my two cents....
~~~
"League of Heroes...blah blah blah....milestone...May Seventh...reunion...whatever..." Nate deleted the email, only to see his Crawdaunt staring at him. "...What, you want me to go to this thing?" Rogue just stared at him. "Yeah, no." This earned him a bonk on the head. He winced and rubbed his head, scowling. "Fine, fine...I'll go..." He RSVP'ed with a "I'll be there." He glanced at Rogue. "If I end up hating this, I'm leaving you in the desert." Rogue just clacked it's claws a couple of times, leaving Nate to sigh and shake his head. "This is gonna end up being a big mistake..."

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
Festivities. What fun. Unfortunately, I don't really know (read: have no idea) what the League of Heroes really entails, nor am I a part of it. Alors, I suppose I will just read.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Festivities. What fun. Unfortunately, I don't really know (read: have no idea) what the League of Heroes really entails, nor am I a part of it. Alors, I suppose I will just read.

It's basically on how the 'Old Guard' defeated Team Omega (Team Plasma 2.0) and saved the world. It began the fan Fic universe we have set up. The Fic was made by Feral. It's basically the club's masterpiece.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Becca shifted uneasily in the sundress Skyla had convinced her would be "perfect for casual, semi-formal or anything in-between!" Before her milled the members of the league, all of which seemed perfectly content without her company, as she expected. The only people that could be in this room who would know she didn't -prefer- the Lone Wolf facade were Raj, who had left battling for medicine, Cole, who didn't appear to be there yet, or.. Matt, who was scowling down at his Glaceon at an empty table.

Nate was skulking in a shadowed corner against a wall. The room was noticably lacking in the excited charisma of the original Summit. There was no sign of Ammy, and though the Mountain Trainer would have been grateful for the lack of competition for Cole a few months ago, now she almost missed the peppy girl, just because she knew Ammy would have brightened the room. She recognized X speaking excitedly with someone dubbed in a labcoat whom she hadn't met before, a Crobat fluttering over their heads. Mozzeh, of course, glowered at her from across the room, and Draco and Analyt stiffened behind her. "Peace, guys. Why don't you go look for Prometheus and Cole?" The Dragonite nodded obediently, but Dracoburn just grumbled something snide and sauntered off to the refreshment tables.

Becca jumped as the door she was still standing against jerked open behind her. "'Scuse me.." a man murmured as he entered the room. He took a few steps forward before noticing her and spinning around. "Becca!"

"Glover!" She shook her head to clear out the unease. "Haven't seen you since our match."

The young man grinned and showed her the face of his watch which, upon a second glance, actually appeared to have a face. No, it certainly had a face. And it was smiling wickedly. "Moto says hi."

The woman rolled her eyes. "Stupid Rotom.. You rigged your watch like that just to get to me, didn't you?"

Glover nodded as the creature slid out of the watch, rematerializing as cackling plasma. "You know it. Hey, I'm gonna go say hi to everybody, ok? If you've got your Gliscor with you, maybe we could have a little reunion later." The two exchanged laughter, but hers was more forced. He was newer, hadn't been in the league.

After finally deciding that nobody was going to force her to socialize, she forced herself by approaching the ice trainer who appeared to now be bickering with his Glaceon. "Matt."

He didn't even turn around to face her. "I go by my middle name now. Might as well get used to calling me Forrest. If you're going to talk to me at all."

"I don't need this.." Becca muttered to herself, too quietly for him to hear. Louder, "I'm glad they accepted you as a leader.. You and Wyntyre have a good bond, and your team is tough.." She hoped that her words were acknowledged as small talk and that a civil reply would be returned. Rather, the young man just growled and raised his shoulders into an even more aggressive pose. The frozen fox at his feet hissed at her. Missed you too, Hellspawn. she thought of the angry ice-type and strolled off to find her own corner to hide in and watch for Cole.

Firebrand

Indomitable
It's basically on how the 'Old Guard' defeated Team Omega (Team Plasma 2.0) and saved the world. It began the fan Fic universe we have set up. The Fic was made by Feral. It's basically the club's masterpiece.

I wish I could say masterpiece is a strong word. But it's not. Literary genius is what I (and subsequently LoH is). Hey, I'm allowed a little ego indulgence, right?
Anyway Mug, nothing's stopping you from developing your own character and dropping into the RP as a VIP guest or something. If you want to brush up on the canon, check it out right here.

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
I wish I could say masterpiece is a strong word. But it's not. Literary genius is what I (and subsequently LoH is). Hey, I'm allowed a little ego indulgence, right?
Anyway Mug, nothing's stopping you from developing your own character and dropping into the RP as a VIP guest or something. If you want to brush up on the canon, check it out right here.

Of course you are. Everyone is.

Ah, VIP; I like the sound of that. I'll certainly look into this masterpiece.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Dave walked into the towers main hall. He stood there awkwardly as he began to realize that this was a formal event, and he was in his typical travel clothes.

"Well, nice outfit." Glover said as he walked over.

"Haha, everybody's a comedian." Dave looked around to the duo of Blaziken he had as his entourage to back him up. The first was Tor, who had been his first Pokemon. The other was the one people knew him for. Speedy was a Blaziken he had found on the west side of Mt. Chimney as an egg before he traveled to Unova for the first time. After the journey Speedy was one that had found a place on the trainer's team. From the looks given by the two they were going to keep their beaks shut. "Thanks for the support."

"Oh it's ok, just if anyone asks, I have never known you." Glover said as he laughed, "Anyway, I'll see you later."

"Yeah, alright." the two parted and Dave went over to the food. As he piled a load of food, including two Bouffalant steaks and some berry pudding, Tor gave him a look the trainer translated to either 'You glutton, remember the dinner you had an hour ago?' or 'There's a new boutique in Agate Village that I want to go.'

"What? I'm hungry!" he said, deciding the first was probably more logical statement. Dave sat at the long table in the middle across from Nate, who was yet again grumbling about how his Crawdaunt forced him to come. Upon looking up he found he had someone to try holding a conversation with.

"So you must be the new guy with the special Blaziken." Nate started.

"Yeah, it has Speed Boost as his ability instead of Blaze. Why?"

"How much do you want for him?"

"Huh?"

The older man rolled his eyes, "How much money do I need to pay for him?"

"He's not for sale."

"Oh, everything goes for a price."

That was when the Firebrand made his way in. He sat down at the head of the table Nate and Dave were at and filled a glass with a brown mixture of tea and bourbon. "What?" He asked as everyone looked at him.

"Ugh. Oh all people to take Raj's place, it had to be him." Nate commented. "Anyway, about the Blaziken..."

Wartiger97

The Forester
At the base of a giant tree in the White Forest laid a fifteen year old boy with chestnut colored hair and forest green eyes that was lying on his back next to his sleeping Sceptile looking at the stars having and flashback of the terrible events that had happened just a year before The Omega War... it was a horrific battle where many good trainers and Pokémon had fallen, and where Trysten had lost an old friend. He may not have been a member of the League then, but he was there none the lest fufilling his duty in gaurding the forest on the Entralink where dreams come to life. The Grass Type leader stood and dusted off his cloak, restrung his bow, and shouldered his quiver then adjusted the sword on his belt when he heard the sound of flapping wings behind him. Trysten turned around to see a Braivery landing when it had landed it let out a squak of it's name the Sceptile jumped up and the blades on his arms started to glow with an impending Leaf Blade attack. "Peace Ezio," Trysten said "He is from the League." turning to the Braivery he said, "Do you carry a message for me?" The eagle like Pokémon nodded and the proceded to give Trysten a letter from the bag he was carrying. Trysten quickly read the letter "So they are holding a memorial for the War... I think we should go since it would be disrespectful to our friends who fell in that battle. What do you say Ezio?" Trysten asked. "Of course Trysten, but who will watch the Gym?" Ezio replied in his native tounge, but he knew Trysten could understand since he could understand him two years ago on that fateful day on Almia. "Korin will, and you will be the only one to come with me so we can travel light and fast." Trysten stated "I think that's for the best especially since the others have just settled into our new home." Ezio said. Turning to the eagle Pokémon Trysten said, "If you would like you can rest at the top of the tree there is a platform and a shelter. Also if your hungry speak to the solid white Meowth his name is Korin, and he will get you the food you desire. Come Ezio let's get ready for our departure.' The Sceptile nodded and picked a berry of a bush then he ate it activating his ability Unburden allowing him to climb even faster than normal. "Show off." Trysten muttered.

Two days later Trysten dressed in a black trench coat that touched his ankels with a white button up shirt with a forest green tie walked into the Tower of the Anchients along side of Ezio. Upon entering the main hall whose door still had bent hinges. Seeing a few familiar faces in the group Trysten walked over and greeted Glover and Dave the latter in typical traveling clothing "If I knew you were going to be dressed in your travel clothes I would have worn my cloak." Trysten said to Dave just muttered something under his breath in reply. "Glover long time no see how's your family and ranch?" Trysten inquired "Good and its nice to see you without the cloak and weapons." Glover said "Now who said I was unarmed?" Trysten said while pulling back his trench coat to reveal his sword belt. "Jeez Trysten do you ever take that off?" "Yes when I'm in the shower, but even then its hanging right outside my shower." Trysten stated plainly "Paranoid much, and how did you even get that past the gaurds?" Dave asked "You don't want to know." Trysten said mysteriously. "Oh this is my Sceptile, Ezio." Trysten said after being prodded by Ezio "He has something in common with Speedy Dave. Can you guess what that is?" Trysten asked. "He's a Hoenn starter." Dave replied. "No we met in Almia I was about to say that he has his species hidden ability Unburden. "Really? Don't let Nate know that he'll won't stop bugging you to buy him." Dave said. "He won't if he knows what is good for his personal health." Trysten said chuckling under his breath. Trysten then spotted Cole and moved to talk to him "Hello Firebrand you know you should really lay off the hard alcohol it'll eat a hole in your intestines, but how have you been? Trysten said trying to start a coversation. "Don't tell me what to do!" Cole snapped sort of slurred. "Easy Cole I know how you are feeling right now..." Trysten started to say. "No you don't!" Cole barked at the teen. "That's were you are wrong you feel like the wounds for your your friends that you lost last year have reopened and are worse than ever its good that you feel for your them you shouldn't try to drown out those feelings, but embrace them. I have seen many deaths through the years both of my loved ones and the ones that slaughtered them. Just never forget Cole you are never alone and never forget your losses." Trysten said before finding a seat where he could watch all the exits and nobody could walk up from behind him.

Happy one year anniversary LoH and I hope you all liked my short little story.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Nice job Wartiger, but you may want to work on making it easier to read. (begin a new paragraph whenever someone new speaks)

dracoburn

Lance's protege
@ Blazi Lol I did I used spaces like you would when you were typing up a paper, but when I. Posted it they disappeared.

It does that. Also removes all of your nifty formatting to indicate dialogue and thought process. The trick is to fix it up when you copypaste it into this box before you post.

Good story. Just space it a little better if you opt to go pro, or "pro" like the main fic writers(I make it sound like "Pokedex Holders" from Adventures, don't I?) in our group.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
(Mug, I wasn't there for LoH, either. Didn't taker part in anything until well after that, so don't feel left out. Design a character, make up some backstory and personality, you, or what ypu
d be in the games. or what you wish you'd be if you were in the games, and have some punch!"

@ Blazi Lol I did I used spaces like you would when you were typing up a paper, but when I. Posted it they disappeared.
Nice job Wartiger, but you may want to work on making it easier to read. (begin a new paragraph whenever someone new speaks)
It does that. Also removes all of your nifty formatting to indicate dialogue and thought process. The trick is to fix it up when you copypaste it into this box before you post.

Good story. Just space it a little better if you opt to go pro, or "pro" like the main fic writers(I make it sound like "Pokedex Holders" from Adventures, don't I?) in our group.
If you type it in MS Word first, double space the page. VBulliten will remove a line break, but only one. So if you put two of them in, it'll pull one and leave the other.

I kinda wish you'd let me get myself there first. Now ya'll will have to go back and retcon a few things...
---

"So, are you sure it'll be okay for me to come?"

"Of course, dear". I hollared back at Cay's occupied dressing closet.

"But it said they're might be battling, and I don't know any of them, and..."

"Oh, you'll be fine, Cay. I promise. Besides, a coupe of lovebirds may be what that place needs after a while."

Then there was a pause. A long, ominous pause. "We're going to be the oldest ones there, aren't we?"

"Well..."

The Dressign room door opened long enough for a long, bare arm to emerge and chuck a waded up dressing gown at me."

"You'll be wonderful, I promise. We're young at heart, and they're wise beyond their years. Well, most of them."

The dressing room door clicked and slowly swung open. Cay slunk out, with some pushing from behind by her Gardevoir. The little black dress was a little longer than the typical little black dress, but then Cay wasd also a lot of leg. Mixed into it's close fitting fabric were bubtle crystal flakes, still shining beutifully for their years. There was only one shoulder and arm on it, held by a large ring and showing a little bit of the top of Cay's right arm just below the shoulder.

"Ravishing. Just like the day I proposed to you."

"You changed dresses out and hoped I wouldn't notice, didn't you?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Well..."

"Spill, Guin." Cay commanded.

"I was oing to, but I checked the tags to see what you were wearing now, and they're the same, so I might have taken the initiative and loosened the hem a little bit, just to be prepared. Worst came too it I'd just have to tighten it back up. But it's all you, Mistress.

Janie slipped into the bedroom next. "Wow Mom. I want to be as beautiful as you when I grow up." Cay giggled and kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Hold on, we're not done yet."

"We're not?"

I pulled a necklace box out of my back pocket The gold chain featured an intricate webbing of gold twards the front of the collar, with small diamonds at various geometirc points on the small wedge.

"Oh, Glover it's beautiful," she admired as I put it on.

"There. All pretty. Come, we've a limo to catch, a fancy dinner on the flight to the middle of nowhere."

"Limo?"

"You're really going all out, Dad."

"Of course I am. I'ts been too long since I've done this."

---
Cay's Gallade, Gotegrim met nme just as we were at the door. Like his sister, he'd picked up near perfect english and didn't need to speak with telepathy like much of his species. "Are you sure about this? I know someone needs to watch Janie, but I'm really not sure I like the Mistress being without any protection." He quickly caught his words. "No offence meant, I mean. It's just that I've been a bodyguard for her and the family, I'd really prefer a Pokemon with her. Even the babies."

"Tell you what, Grim, what if I bring Zip and Splish? Would you mind, Glover?"

"Not at all, if it appeases Gotegrim"

"I'd feel better. I just don't want to see something happen like the first time the League got together. I've heard the stories."

"From whom? I've not said anything." That got a glare at my person from Cay. "I didn't want to scare anyone, is all."

"Other Pokemon." Gotegrim replaied. "We really have quite the gossip network. Much better than your Facebook, even. I'd feel better if you had me with you, but I trust tghe Babies. And both those two are quite the powerhouses."

"I'll go get them then."

Cayna dissappeared intot he back playroom, and emerged with a Pichu and an Azurill trilling happily in her arms.

---
I was quite thankful that the weather was clear enough to permit flying to the Tower, using Ditto just wasn't as romantic as I'd wanted, and an actual auircraft meant that we could have a nice, if pre-cooked, meal by electric candlelight. I was also thankful that Skyla put me in touch with a "close friend" of her's who'd fly us out there, so I didn't have to rely on an unknown pilot or Moto.

We'd just boxed everything back up when Cay noticed the imposing tower out of one window. "Impressive. How does no one see this place?"

"Dumb luck I guess. You'll love the arcitecture inside. How long Jonas?"

"Just a few minutes more, sir."

---

"Glover!" She shook her head to clear out the unease. "Haven't seen you since our match."

"Becca. I've been wondering when you'd come calling for a rematch." A small jolt through my wrist told me someone else wanted to say hello.

"Rotom says hello too." I present my wristwatch. "Becca, this is my wife, Cayna."

Cay took the girl's hand and shook it firmly. "You must be the one Moto wouldn't stop gloating about. Sorry about him, his ego's easily pleased."

"I can only guess." Becca said, not moving her lips for fear that other words might escape.

"I'd like to catch a few of the others before they, well, leave. We'll catch you in a minute, okay?"

"Sure, of course."

Dave was my next stop, being the reason I didn't see my family for a month and all, I was for sure wanting Cay to know I was alright. The poor man hadn't gottne the memo on dress code, and was unfortuntely of the entourage of himself and two Blaziken not the best dressed of them.

"Hello there. Cay, this is the nice gentleman I bailed out of teh Survival area, what a year and a half ago now Janie's almost eight now, so it would have to be."

"The man who stole my husband." Cay joked. "Pleased to meet you."

Another gentleman joined us for a moment. "Hello Trystan. A pleasure to see you without the cape and cowl. Unarmed at last?"

"Hardly." He pulled his dresscoat back to show the sword.

"Love the detail on the hilt. Sintec?" Cay asked.

"You know. I'm not certain what its origins are, precisely."

"Well, it's certainly beautiful. Looks like a good blade, regardless."

"You've no idea."

Cay decided to leave that alone. "Where's the drink table?"

"Over this way. I'll show you. Good evening Dave."

---
Zip the Pichu walked loyally along beside Cay, looking forward to some water, but his partner in crime Azurill had other ideas. The pleasures of being sa baby, perhaps, she had a innocense about her, and a keen sense of someone who was down in the dumps. She headed over to another table. Trystan had just finished saying something to Cole, something the other man had no intentions of paying attention to. Splish climbed up on her big, rubbery tail and bounced between legs of humans and Pokemon much bigger than her to the man. She rwalked softly up to his leg, playfully tapped his foot with her tail, and looked dreamily into his darkened eyes.

"Azu?"

---
Yes Cole, I'm playing the cute card. Deal with it?"

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Samuel Specter, the FABULOUS Ghost Host lay on his sofa, watching a horror movie. It was rather boring, and when a mailman was murdered with an umbrella, Sam remembered that he hadn't gotten the mail that day. He nonchalantly tossed a pokeball up in the air, and when it landed, an enormous blue robot came out whose head would have gone higher than the ceiling if Sam hadn't built it extremely high for that reason.

"Mr. Roboto, would you be a dear and fetch the mail. Domo arigato in advance."

The Golurk simply pointed to the door.

"Oh, that's right. I suppose you wouldn't be able to fit through it. Very well then, hmm, Luminosity would burn it, Guinevere is incorporeal, Artemis has no hands... I know! Go, Munckin!" he said, revealing a purple, implike being, with gems for eyes. "Go fetch the mail, please."

"Sable sab," replied Munchkin, as she went outside. About 7 minutes later, she came back holding a pile of mail taller than herself.

"What took you so long?" asked Sam. He then saw how much mail there was, and sheepishly apologized.

"Let's see, junk, crap, bill- Ooh, Journeymen!" he exclaimed, ripping open a small envelope.

Trainers of the League of Heroes! As I'm sure you know, our league is hitting a major milestone in the coming weeks. Because of this, we would like to extend an invitation to the official LoH Reunion at the Tower of the Ancients on May Seventh. We would like to recognize all of the strength and courage that exists in the alumni of the Omega War. We are also aware of the restructuring that the league has gone through since its induction, and we offer an invitation to our newer members as well.
League of Heroes HQ, Tower of the Ancients, Unova

"Sounds fun! BENJAMIN!" he hollered. Soon a boy about 13 ran into the room.

"What is it, sir?" he asked.

"I'm going to a Journeymen gathering. I don't think apprentices are welcome, so you stay here and watch the gym," said Sam. "Don't hold any gym battles, though. Just give trainers a room and tell them I'll be coming back soon. Alright, I'm leaving. Goodbye!"

He walked out the door, sent out Mr. Roboto, and commanded him to fly to the Tower.

Firebrand

Indomitable
“Hey.”

“Hey yourself. Don’t you have that big fancy dinner party to host?”

“Sorry hon, I just couldn’t take it anymore. All those faked smiles, that false concern. Arceus, what a freaking joke. I needed some air.”

“Some more air,” Prometheus growled. “Next we’ll be dropping him off the Tower.”

Joan smiled through the video feed. “Sounds like a lovely idea. Actually, I was just about to go for a quick flap myself. It’s about sunset here. Wish you were here. I miss you already.”

“I know,” Cole replied. “Me too.” He sighed. “Other people brought guests, you know. You could have come.”

“And stopped Cole from drinking so much!” Athena chirped.

Joan scowled. “You know how you get when you…”

“Yes, I know, seditious and maudlin, I don’t need someone else to tell me!” The Firebrand waved a hand. “Sorry. Just… stress. Sorry.”

“It’s all right,” Joan said softly. “You’ll be home soon. Just tough it out, okay? And hey, at least there’re some new faces there.”

Cole shrugged. “Glover’s not bad, I’ll admit. But most of these new kids either just want to get the Firebrand’s autograph, or try to freaking sympathize with me because they’ve lost friends too.” He huffed out a breath. “Like they could understand.” He shook his head. “Listen sweetheart, I don’t really want to talk about it. How are things back home?”

Joan humored him. “The pokemon are fine. A little lover’s spat between Shiva and Kali earlier, but Nimbus wrapped it up. Masamune and Scatty took the little ones on a field trip to that hot spring of yours.

“And I caught up on that story you’re working on. Of course you had to up and leave right in the middle of the climax! Hurry home so you can finish it! I have to know how it ends! And one more thing, while it’s on my mind. One of those wild Arcanine showed up yesterday. She fractured something in her paw. Kami and I were able to fix her up, she should be fine now. But you might want to check it out when you come home, seeing as you are the doctor and all.”

“More like a medicine man or shaman,” Cole muttered.

The woman laughed. “Yeah, yeah, whatever. Hey, speaking of… how are you holding up? You’re using that stuff, right? And keeping the bandages clean?”

Cole’s hand subconsciously moved over the left side of his torso. “Yes, mom, I’m keeping it clean. Just put on some fresh gauze before the meal.” He smiled cheekily. “Want to see?” He started lifting the hem of his shirt, and Joan laughed.

“No, no! I’m fine!” Then she sighed. “You’re sure it’s not hurting? I mean, it was pretty deep…”

“The physical wounds will fade…” murmured Cole. “I’ll be fine. Eventually.”

Athena glanced over her shoulder, trying to navigate away from this treacherous territory. “Prometheus, go check the door. And get me some of that fruit tart, please!”

The Charizard smiled (as much as a Charizard could smile) and drifted away. Joan looked back on her end as well. “Listen, Cole. I should probably let you go. People will be looking for you soon. And hey. I miss you.”

“I know.”

“But I suppose I’ll just have to get used to the feeling, right? Falling in with such a well-traveled hero?”

Cole gave a sad smile. “I suppose. I miss you too.”

“And you only get one drunk dial a night, so go off and enjoy yourself.” Joan turned. “Yes, Cirrus, calm down! I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Hey, what if I call back when I’m sober? Later tonight, when this is all done?” Out of the camera’s sightline, his fingers clenched on the console, desperately hoping the answer was yes.

The woman on the other end sighed. “I don’t know. It’ll be late when that finishes, right? And there’s about a three-hour time difference between here and there. I’ll probably be asleep.” Cole inclined his head, understanding. “But listen. You know, maybe I’ll put a movie on and wait up for you. You promise you’ll call?”

“Cross my heart and hope to die.”

“Ooh, I’d rather not. How about cross your heart and hope to live?”

“Well, I’ve got you to live for, don’t I?”

“Oh, stop that!” Joan tried to hide the blush. “You suck at flirting, you know that?” She kissed her fingertips and pressed them against the screen. “Thinking of you.”

Cole repeated the gesture. “You too.”

The feed went dead. Cole straightened his tie in the dark, reflective surface of the screen. Then, he turned and studied a detailed portrait of Zekrom hanging on the wall nearby. After a moment, he shook his head. “They got the wings and feet all wrong. More membrane up top, and bigger claws.” Then, his hand drifted to his belt. He fingered the end of a tarnished length of steel named after a legendary sword, but his hand came to rest on an old, battered Rubik’s Cube hanging from a lanyard. He fiddled with N’s last memento for a moment. The hole through it prevented it from ever being solved again, but Cole liked to rearrange the colors. With a sigh, he let it drop and walked back into the feast hall.

“And who were you talking to?” Becca asked when she caught his eye. “That girl?”

“Does it matter? The phone’s freed up,” Cole retorted. “Want to go talk to Lance?” It came out sharper than he meant it to. “S-Sorry. That was the bourbon talking.” Inwardly, he slapped his forehead. He had no right saying that. He reached into one of his nearly countless pockets and pulled out the bottle of smoky brown liquid. “Look, do me a favor and hang on to this? I really shouldn’t have any more.”

“You shouldn’t have had any in the first place,” Athena muttered.

“Quiet, Fuzzball,” Cole growled playfully.

Becca looked distastefully at the bottle, but took it from him. “I’ll… um… I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah, sure.” Cole walked away to the buffet table and loaded a plate with anything Athena wanted. Prometheus glided over, showing remarkable tact and social grace for such a large pokemon. Cole grudgingly admitted that his Charizard was better at parties than he was. The orange dragon snapped a bit of meat from the buffet plate and grimaced.

“A little underdone. I suppose I can’t send it back to the chef with my complaints?”

“You’re a fire type, silly!” said Athena. “Just cook it yourself!”

“Now that, my dear, is a brilliant idea!” The dragon breathed a light stream of fire over the meat, cooking it to slightly seared perfection.

Cole smiled weakly and returned to his seat. Just because he was sort of-comparatively-halfway sober now didn’t mean he suddenly wanted to start talking to people. He allowed himself to slip into a daydream as he idly fed a poffin to Glover’s (admittedly adorable) Azuril.

And there you have a bit of foreshadowing and lampshade hanging for Hero's Path.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Becca stood still as the alcohol-logged version of the Firebrand stumbled past her. This reunion was going all wrong. She shook her head and put her fingers to the corners of her eyes to keep tears from developing. Back in the main room, Draco was indignant, having just been pinned to a wall by Analyt for trying to pick a fight with Nate's Pokemon following an altercation involving a certain purse of Pokedollars in exchange for a certain Gyarados and a certain Charmander. Becca had been seething about this, but now she clutched the bottle of bourbon that Cole had surrendered to her, her fingers distractedly tracing the lip. It was all too much.

Cole had made a snide remark about her relationship with Lance. It had really stung, and confused her about whether Cole had spoken from jealousy or if he was just struggling to pull himself from his self-induced drunken stupor. Either way, it felt almost profane as she tapped the number into the hall videophone, desperate just to hear his voice. As she'd called the home phone at the cabin, it rang until she was terrified that it would go unanswered. At last, on the final ring before switching to voicemail, the phone was picked up by a Garchomp who was trying to shake a clinging baby Gible off of her leg in frustration. "Ferocity? I need to talk to Lance.." Becca hated herself for how feeble her voice sounded. The land shark nodded curtly and ducked out of the room. A minute or so later, the Johto Champion snapped up the phone.

"Becca? What's going on?" Ferocity must have alerted him to her trainer's anxiety, and his face was creased with worry.

The Mountain Trainer's face burned with the realization of how weak she must look. "It's no big deal. I just.. miss you."

She was greeted with an uneasy smile that told her that he recognized that there was more to it. "Yea, and what else? Evil guys break in and threaten you yet?"

"Ha. Well, Draco just tried to maul a Hydreigon and a Crawdaunt. Analyt intervened, and the two are at eachother's throats now. An old rival and an old flame have both been leering at me from opposite corners of the room all evening. Raj isn't here, there are a lot of new kids who are practically bouncing in-and-out of their seats in excitement at being surrounded by so many legends. What a joke. I sure don't FEEL like a legend. One of them had the nerve to ask Cole for an autograph and the Pokeball he was trying to get signed was promptly thrown across the room and smashed into bits against a wall. The only person who has so much as TALKED to me is Glover and he brought along his wife. Right now, the two of them are off to the side babbling about some event that happened, like, eight years ago with stupid Growlithe-pup eyes locked together. Absolutely sickening considering what the older members have dealt with in this league." The young woman thrashed her head from side to side in disgust.

"What about Cole? Is he not speaking with you?"

Becca was glad that Lance had ignored the "old flame" bit, but she wasn't excited about disclosing the situation with Cole, either. "He's, uh.. Not really himself. Yea. That's a nice way to put it."

Lance looked pensive for a moment. "Want me to fly over on Dragonite? If Glover can have a date there, why can't you?"

There existed a few moments of silence between them. Finally, feeling like she was a teenager all over again, the woman spoke up. "You don't have to..." is what she said. What she meant, though, was "Yes, please."

The man smiled and she wondered if the screen of the phone was heating up with the warmth of it. "I'll be over in a little while. It's only about an hour's flight, right?"

They signed off, and the Mountain Trainer felt a little better. More hopeful. She suddenly remembered the bottle in her grip. Curiously, she sniffed at it and took a small sip. Immediately, the alcohol tickled all the wrong tastebuds on her tongue. It threatened to seep into the back of her throat and she spun around, darted to a window, tore it open and spat the booze into the darkness. Disgusting! She knew she would have to eat something awfully sweet to replace a flavor that nasty. She began to reclose the window to keep the AC in the room. On second thought.. Clutching the bottle like a grenade, she lit a scrap of paper with her lighter, slipped it inside the bottle, then hurled the Molotov Cocktail as far as she could, wishing she could see where it landed, see the broken glass shatter and the poison that was controlling the man she used to respect more than anyone else seep into the sand and burn itself up, never to be seen again.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
Gripping the paper tightly, he alternated glancing at the instructions and scanning the ground below. Trying to spot any landmark that would help him find his destination, or even inform him of his present location at this point.

"We're lost aren't we?" chimed the broad winged Pokemon, in a clear sweet voice. It's pure white feathers glimmering in the light, as it soared through the mountain air with its trainer in tow.

"We are not lost... I just haven't found which way we should go yet," the boy retorted, his voice faltering near the end. Returning to the scrap of paper, a quizzical expression forming across his face.

"So... We are lost," returned the flying type, as it rose up on and air current. "Maybe we should ask for directions?"

The trainer shifted the paper in his hand, and messaged his temples. He grumbled a string of insults under his breath before answering.

"First of all, we are not lost!" he stated adamantly, "And secondly, who can we even ask for directions? In the middle of nowhere? In the Sky?"

"Why don't we ask them? They might know where the tower is," the Togekiss then gestured toward a flock of Swanna and their preevolution, probably on a seasonal migration. The large bird Pokemon then shifted its body and soared downward, meeting the flock. The Jubilee Pokemon then inquired the flock member, and after a few moments relayed the information to the trainer.

"They said the tower is just a short distance from here, on a plateau, can't miss it."

"Perfect, Thank you!" a goofy grin spread across his face, renewed excitment glinting in his red brown eyes. He called out to the flock of Swanna, as he careened off to the side, catching a thermal."Let's go Lieto," he whispered to his companion before jetting off over the peaks. The wind causing his gray and white coat to flare up from his body, revealing his slender and lean physique. His jet black hair rippled in the cool air, his green shirt plastered to his chest, he called to his Pokemon.

"Lieto, if we keep on this current we may be there just in time to raid the refreshment table."

"I'm happy just as long as they have cake left ." replied the white Pokemon.

The trainer chuckled to himself, resisting the urge to make a very bad reference. The Mesa and its tower came into sight, silhouetted by the evening sun.

"We found it!" cried the Togekiss in jubilation. "And it only took us 4 and a half hours too, we got here much faster than our trip to Sootopolis from Mossdeep a few summers back. That's a pretty good improvement don't you think, Aaron? And the fact that we were never even here before too."

Aaron glared at the Togekiss for a few moments, landing before the imposing
structure. Tower of the Ancients indeed, the huge stone fortress was a masterful example of old Unovian architecture. As he moved toward the massive door, a tickling sensation awoke and crawling along the trainers back, across his shoulder blade, and eventually coming to a rest upon his shoulder.

"Good evening Pachinko, did you have a nice nap?"

The Joltik stared up at its trainer and let of a few sparks, while lengthening its legs as it stretched.

"let's go and meet the league members shall we," said the young trainer as he entered the large entrance hall.
~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~
Aaron was approached by a tall, lean man, with tan skin and an Accelgor by his side, it's ever vigilant eyes on the look out for any threat.

"Hello my name is Raj, and I am currently the champion of the Journeymen league, nice of you to join us,"

"I'm Aaron, and I believe we have spoken before, about a possible gym position for the league, prior to the... Uhh..." he paused for a moment, realizing the heated topic he was about to bring up. A wave of guilt washed over him.

"Prior to the Omega War, correct," he said in a hushed tone. Raj studied the trainer face, looking for the indication that he had hit the mark.

He did.

"Yes, I'm sorry to have brought it up, I know how your league led the charge against Omega, your exploits and your losses." he hung on the last few words, biting his lower lip. Raj placed a hand on the young man's shoulder,and spoke to him in a soothing and calm tone.
"Its fine, do not fret about it, what is done,is done, all we can do is prevent it from happening again," Raj removed his hand, shifted his weight back, and crossed his arms.

"By the way, concerning the topic of your previous job application..."

Aaron cut him off, "It's fine," he said waving off the previous topic. "You had told me that their were no positions available at the time, plus after some soul searching I realized that being a gym leader was not for me."

Raj raised an eyebrow as if to inquire further, Aaron then added.

"I'm much more at home, traveling the road, and facing all of what life has to offer, but I plan on seeing what the Jouneymen have to offer." a smile crept across his face. Raj understood the meaning implied, he too shared a small grin a well.

"I look forward to facing you, Aaron,"

"And I look forward to claiming you title,"

"We shall see, but while you are here why not mingle with the others, and enjoy yourselves for a bit, Oh and you can let out the rest of your team as long as they don't crush anyone, hope to see you soon," and with that, Raj left to converse with the others. Aaron then reached toward his belt harness and released the remainder of his team in a bright flash of white light. Francisca, his Haxorus, bristled her plate armor, making certain everything was in working order. His Scrafty, Al, cracked his knuckles, and was followed by Nikolas, his Slowking, and Apollo, Typholsion.

"You hear that guys, we can help ourselves, as long as we stay on our best behavior, that means you Al,"

The Scrafty rolled his eyes and skulked off to somewhere.

"Francisca, keep an eye on him for me please,"

The dragon type gave a low growl, as confirmation for the request and moved to follow him.

"let's enjoy the rest of the night shall we,"

This is actually my first time doing this, so please give me some pointers and some constructive criticism
I'd really like to improve my self.

Last edited:

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
The Wizard frowned as he sat down at the seat at the table. He still had a headache from the weather changes over his two-day long travel to the Tower, "Ugh.. And I thought the Gym was high up.." he muttered, earning a bat on the ear from his current companion, Wyntre, "Oh hush. You know I get altitude headaches easily."

When Becca approached him, he was already in a bad mood, "Matt." she said in short greeting. Ugh.. Forgot that no one here knows that I changed to my middle name. He thought to himself.

He didn't even turn around to face her. Not so she could see how annoyed with the whole thing he was "I go by my middle name now. Might as well get used to calling me Forrest. If you're going to talk to me at all." he said, the tone showing just how much that was.

"I'm glad they accepted you as a leader.. You and Wyntyre have a good bond, and your team is tough.." he heard, though some of it was lost as his headache flared up. He just sighed hoarsely, his shoulder hunching up. Wyntre hissed at her, making him frown and getting her a poke. He starts to apologise, but stops as he notices her walk away, "See what you did? Well.. We did. The one person I would actually be willing to talk to.. Probably pissed her off, too..." he said.

Wyntre gave him an apologetic look. Perhaps you can find her later? she offers, though her ears fold back to show her distaste at the idea. He shrugs again, "Maybe. For now, I need some fresh air. Getting too stuffy in here for my liking." he replied, and stood up, heading off to one of the several balconies.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
"There you are." Cayna spotted the little blue tail bobobbing under the table.

"Zuzuazu! Az az!" Splish told her excitedly. Cayna bent down to pick up her wayward Pokemon. I see you fond someone who'd give in to your charms as usual. You have crumbs all over your face." Cayna grabbed a napkin she was usgin as a coaster and wiped Splish's face. "You eat like a Spoink, bounce around like one, are you sure you're mother wasn't a Grumpig?"

"Zu. Phht!" She informed her trainer, spraying a little bit of Poffin as her tongue shook.

"I do hope she wasn't too much of a bother. You must be Cole then, I'm Cayna, Glover's wife." which wwas all she managed when the ruckus broke out.

It was quick. One minute, the Pokemon were all talking. The next there were teeth and claws being thrown. Glass shattered and wood splintered, setting off automatic repsonses Ace kept his senses about him, even from inside his heal ball. Just as I threw myself over the table, the ball popped open from its rear holster. three laveder, soulles shapes appeared out of thin air between the gfighters and used the shock of their sudden appearences to pin themselves against the fighting dragons. Two more occupied the smaller Crawdaunt. Lacking all but the basic functioning commands, they were immune to bias, to who was right and wrong, not agreeing or disagreeing with the combatants they were holding back as threats and snide comments were tossed about. Theyw ere a truly impartial jury, about as flawless as justice could get, pushing back a riot in all directions without favor

The Hydregion involved snapped fiiercely at one of the new bouncers, but found himself overwhelmed when the shape he destroyed was suddnly replaced with a half dozen more. The original Deoxys held the floor, two Energy Balls hovering in his palms as he swept the crowd until he was sure no one was going to push anything, when he let the orbs disperse as a sign of trust.

"C'mon guys, really?" I asked of them. Cay picked right up behind me, taking as much her teacher persona as anything else.

"There's no reason for this in-fighting," she scolded

"Is this how we want to remember our friends? A couple of sales pitches and some heated words? This is how we took the Hoenn operation, the Journeymen are supposed to be STRONGER than that, Nobler than that." Ace dissipated two each of the Substitutes from the fighters as I spoke, leaving one per to make sure there wasn't a reprecussion.

"You're supposed to be the people the world look up to. Acting worse than the kids in my class. You're friends. Comrades, brthers and sisters in arms when the time calls for it. You don't barter off family." She didn't know why she did the heart felt speaking. She;d been in a school for a decade, and she could tell that here, like there, the people who felt sheepish were the people she wasn't addressing.

Ace finally waved down the last of his entourage as I finished for her. "You all should be ashamed. Becca put this together for us to remember life, not dwell on the devils of humanity. So make with the Lichiem already. I for one plan dancing for my wife, because I can, because you all beat those who wouldn't allow it." I took a breath, and turned around, scanning the room for Becca to make a motion of tipping a non-existant hat.

Well, mostly non-existant. Reading my intentions, Gizmo slimed his cerulean blue body up into my hand and did a masterful impression of a fedora. My apologies, Mountain Mistress, for setting a foul tone for this wonderful party." I turned to my usually mischevious Rotom. "Moto, there's a stereosystem over there, would you find us some decent music, please?"

He got about three beats into a live version of Pumped Up Kicks.

"Moto... decent dancing music." The stereo systrem made use of someone's long lost record as a tongue and stuck it out at me before grudgingly pulling up something on a violin.

"I'm sorry about getting up like that, Cole." Cayna said, picking her way through grumbling lifeforms and going back to his table.

"Nicely Done, Ace. May have been a bit harsh, but it suffices." I told my Deoxys before he recalled himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.