• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
Hi, various people here. I asked Feralninja if I could join, and he said yes, so here I am. The whole fanfiction story behind this group looks really cool (I read League of Heroes and a couple of the Xander ones this past summer, which I partially still remember the plot of), and I'm thinking of writing something that sort-of ties into it, and details the origins of my own personal Pokemon character, Chewiana Jones (AKA Professor Hawthorne). He's a time traveler, he's a couple thousand years old, he breaks the fourth wall whenever he feels like it, and he might even sort-of fit into the League of Heroes storyline, if you push really hard until the proverbial square peg goes through the round hole, tilt your head at a 90 degree angle, and squint really hard. He usually takes the form of a seventy-something-year-old man (when going under the identity of Professor Hawthorne, as he usually does in the present era of the Pokemon world) or a thirteen-year-old boy (most of the rest of the time), his brain would give a mind-reading Alakazam a terrible stroke, he's an expert in ancient civilizations and their connection to the legendary Pokemon, space-time theory, and Dunsparce, and he has an assistant named Freddy Jones, who is his younger uncle and is seven, going on 700. So yes, he is, in a sense, weird.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Hi, various people here. I asked Feralninja if I could join, and he said yes, so here I am. The whole fanfiction story behind this group looks really cool (I read League of Heroes and a couple of the Xander ones this past summer, which I partially still remember the plot of), and I'm thinking of writing something that sort-of ties into it, and details the origins of my own personal Pokemon character, Chewiana Jones (AKA Professor Hawthorne). He's a time traveler, he's a couple thousand years old, he breaks the fourth wall whenever he feels like it, and he might even sort-of fit into the League of Heroes storyline, if you push really hard until the proverbial square peg goes through the round hole, tilt your head at a 90 degree angle, and squint really hard. He usually takes the form of a seventy-something-year-old man (when going under the identity of Professor Hawthorne, as he usually does in the present era of the Pokemon world) or a thirteen-year-old boy (most of the rest of the time), his brain would give a mind-reading Alakazam a terrible stroke, he's an expert in ancient civilizations and their connection to the legendary Pokemon, space-time theory, and Dunsparce, and he has an assistant named Freddy Jones, who is his younger uncle and is seven, going on 700. So yes, he is, in a sense, weird.
If so then he shall fit in quite well!

dracoburn

Lance's protege
You children simply exhaust me.. Dracoburn groaned, touching down in the clearing in front of the cabin, the clock hitting just shy of 2:30, AM. Why couldn't Analyt carry you for awhile?

"Mostly because you got to fill your belly while he was busy talking that Hydreigon out of ripping your throat out."

I could've taken Jeff Dunham's evil twin in a single swipe of my talons. But no, you had to be the one to make a scene. The Charizard let out a wide yawn as they reached the cabin. Anywho, I'm off to tuck Valoo in. It's way past his bedtime. He meandered off towards his bunkroom, his feet finding their way seamlessly despite the lack of eyesight to guide him. His trainer clicked the button on the little Charmander's Pokeball, and Draco took his son's sleepy hand as the tiny lizard Pokemon materialized, the two vanishing into the darkness of the hallway.

The trainers shuffled through the kitchen, too tired to eat, but dehydrated from the flight. Lance's Dragonite and Analyt popped in to say goodnight, then went to their own respective bunks. "Thanks for coming and rescuing me," Becca murmured as she ran tap water into two mugs and popped them into the microwave, her exhaustion stemming the shortcut in preparing their nightly tea. "Guess you're my knight in shining armor."

"Well, they do call me 'Lance', after all." The young man grinned as he sorted through their collection of tea bags. "What flavor for you tonight?"

"Mmm, I'm thinking Candy Cane Lane. Nice blend of green tea and peppermint." The microwave beeped, and they put their tea bags, her Candy Cane to his Black Cherry Berry staining the hot water green and fuchsia, respectively. Becca stirred a spoonful of honey into each mug and they practically fell into their chairs, letting the steam tickle their faces. "Hope you didn't take any of that seriously, the fake argument."

He smiled and found her hand under the table. "Yea, I was wondering what you found so wrong about last night. If I do recall, we set the kids down with that Disney movie about the baby Deerling and went out on a night flight. What, you don't like my flying? Or you don't like Bambi?"

She gratefully accepted the hand, and gave it a quick squeeze, the closest thing to a laugh that she would risk with baby Pokemon sleeping so close around them. "Well, you know I had to go out with a bang. What better topic could I leave it at?"

"Ah, I love your puns. Especially the more racy ones." Though both of their eyelids hung low with exhaust, a mischievious twinkle appeared in each bloodshot eye.

Becca took a prolonged sip of the sweetened hot tea, relishing the taste of the melted honey. "Mmmm... This sure beats that alcohol. They could slap whatever crazy French words in its title, but it still tastes like poison. And doesn't quite compliment the spice of peppermint."

They finished their drinks in a content sort of quiet. Silently, Becca rose and rinsed out the cups once they had emptied. Lance rose to meet her. Before either of them knew what they were doing, they were connected. Just by hand, by lip, but sleepily leaning into eachother. The kiss lasted long enough that the two of them could have been sewn together at the chest without noticing. Not a passionate embrace, just a simple one, spontaneous in a very natural and relaxed way.

When they finally pulled apart, Lance muttered something about going to bed. They separated, but longingly, not for passion, nothing like that. The longing was simply for companionship.

Becca sighed. "I guess we should.. It's late, I guess.."

"Sleep well, won't you?"

She looked away. "Not likely.. I haven't had an interrupted night's sleep since, well, the Omega War.. Seeing everybody tonight isn't going to help that.."

With that, Lance took her hand into a tighter grasp. "I'll just have to see about fixing that." With that, he whisked her up off of her feet, and the two retreated into her bedroom, collapsing almost immediately into sleep, not even bothering to change their clothing. For the first night in a year, Becca finally slept through the night without seeing a friend die, and woke feeling more alive and better rested than she could ever remember feeling, safe and warm in the Dragon Master's protective arms.

Last edited:

Wartiger97

The Forester
Welcome to our new member I'm the Grass type Gym Leader for the league and from what you have told us you will fit in perfectly.

"Ezio, when did you get so good at cards?" Trysten asked after he said farewell to his friend Dave and found Ezio eating some of the berries that he hadn't eatin ye.t
"Well remember all those ones I had to watch the hatchlings while you were gone?" Ezio asked.
"Yes I remember." Trysten stated.
Well, I got bored and used your computer to search for something I could do to pass the time and I found how to play basic poker then I kinda enjoyed playing so I learned how to play several card games. I learned the one that you were playing tonight by watching you and learning from your mistakes. Ezio said with a matter of factly tone.
"Well if you enjoy it so much maybe you can teach me sometime?" Trysten asked.
He got a simple nod his direction for an answer.
"Well it appears as if the "party" is winding down now so I'll say my goodbyes then I'll call Korin and see how things are going back at the Forest and if everything is fine I would like to see the Tower's library to see if I can find any information on something... " Trysten said.
Not even getting a response this time since the Sceptile's mouth was full. Trysten took that as an "Ok" and then he proceeded to say his goodbyes to Glover and his wife Caya, Xander, and the rest of the league that he knew that was still there. Next Trysten pulled out his model of the Pokégear and call his Gym's main line and after a few short rings a Meowth came on the line that he knew had to be Korin.
"Trysten its good to hear from you. How was the anniversary?" Korin asked.
"It was interesting... How is everything there?" Trysten inquired.
Good, but we had a poacher try to break into the Gym... Don't worry he didn't get that far, because Blade stopped him. Korin said non-chalantly.
A chill went down Trysten's spine as Korin mentioned his Scyther friend. "I'm not going to come home and have to clean up after him am I?" Trysten asked with a feeling of dread climbing to his chest.
"No the poacher was alive and well the last time I saw him. He literally took two steps into the tree before Blade had him pinned with his scythe at his throat. I had Blade take him to the closest police station with a note I typed up explaining what happened." Korin informed Trysten.
"Ok I'll increase the patrols if the poachers are getting this bold and I'll be home as soon as I look and see what the Tower's library has on a subject." Trysten said somewhat relieved he didn't have to come home to a bloody mess. Meanwhile Ezio had finished his dinner and had joined Trysten by his side.
"Alright let's head on up to the library so we can get home as soon as we can." Trysten told Ezio.

Wartiger97

The Forester
Well Trysten is still in the tower he just said goodbye just in cases he misses you when he comes back from the library. If you need him or would like to use him deel free to just send Moto through the lights to get him.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Hey, hey guys, guess what! Go look what's on the front page of the fan fiction section. That's right Professor X has a new chapter!

Glover

Pain in Rocket side

Time traveller, huh? I bet Dialga just LOVES him, having some worthless human poking holes in his finely crafted continuum and all. Be careful though, we don't "push" the square pegs into round holes around here.

We get Machamp to SMASH THEM WITH HAMMARZZ!!!!!!

-The electric guy, who is quite possibly a little fried tonight.

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
Time traveller, huh? I bet Dialga just LOVES him, having some worthless human poking holes in his finely crafted continuum and all.

Actually, Dialga quite likes him. When I say "likes," of course, I really mean something more along the lines of "grudgingly tolerates him because someone needs to keep Jones' evil brother and fellow time-traveler in line."

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Actually, Dialga quite likes him. When I say "likes," of course, I really mean something more along the lines of "grudgingly tolerates him because someone needs to keep Jones' evil brother and fellow time-traveler in line."

Good answer Were you in this dimension when thius happened?:

Breaking news out of London City! The Legendary Pokemon Dialga has mysteriously appeared and is rampaging through the city, destroying blue telephone booths as he goes. Scientists are puzzled as to why the creature has appeared and why he's only going after the blue ones."

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
Good answer Were you in this dimension when thius happened?:

Breaking news out of London City! The Legendary Pokemon Dialga has mysteriously appeared and is rampaging through the city, destroying blue telephone booths as he goes. Scientists are puzzled as to why the creature has appeared and why he's only going after the blue ones."

Nope, not my fault. Chewiana Jones uses a yellow port-a-potty, or, in an emergency when he can't access it, his legendary Pokemon, Celebi.

Wartiger97

The Forester
Nope, not my fault. Chewiana Jones uses a yellow port-a-potty, or, in an emergency when he can't access it, his legendary Pokemon, Celebi.

Treat that Celebi well or the Forester will track down Chewiana Jones no matter what time, dimenision, and/ or world he's in. For it is one of his duties as the Forester to protect the Legendary Pokémon that has called any forest their home.

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
Treat that Celebi well or the Forester will track down Chewiana Jones no matter what time, dimenision, and/ or world he's in. For it is one of his duties as the Forester to protect the Legendary Pokémon that has called any forest their home.

Of course. It is his first or second third Pokemon, depending on how I decide to do things. Also, I found a timeline for some of the various fanfictions here. This is pretty much what my planned story looks like on the timeline:

exploding timeline.jpg

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
Hahaha! Well, I guess that works, but you'll have to clear it with Glover, who originally made it XD

Well it's not so much an actual plan as just random scribblings, though I might start in the future (not sure about that yet, I'm still in the early planning stage and planning is something this fan-fic is going to need a lot of. On the bright side, I would have to wait a while to start anyways thanks to the busy end of the school year for me, so I'm not really losing much time here.), I'll probably go into the distant past at least once, and there's also a decent chance I'll take a bit of a horizontal step outside of the group's story's usual parameters.

Firebrand

Indomitable
It is with great pride that I inform you that I just finished writing the final chapter of Hero's Path. Because the story is now written in it's entierty, and I see no point in dragging it out over ten more weeks, I will be ammending my update schedule. I will post as normal this Friday, but starting next week, I will post TWO chapters, one on either Tuesday or Wednesday, in addition to the regular one on Friday. Yes, that means you get double the amount of Hero's Path goodness for the next five weeks.

GET EXCITED!

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Well it's not so much an actual plan as just random scribblings, though I might start in the future (not sure about that yet, I'm still in the early planning stage and planning is something this fan-fic is going to need a lot of. On the bright side, I would have to wait a while to start anyways thanks to the busy end of the school year for me, so I'm not really losing much time here.), I'll probably go into the distant past at least once, and there's also a decent chance I'll take a bit of a horizontal step outside of the group's story's usual parameters.

Ha. Ha ha. That timeline. Funny. I'm laughing. Ha.

Just let me know how well you're yellow portapotty works with a Rotom in it...

(On second thought, maybe I don't want Moto having access to time travel...)

In all seriousness though, there are much more professional ways to handle that, probably as an outer layer like I did everyone;s sequel stories. And even if it IS timetravel, fiction is a linear thing, its start and end points being roughly near enough to each other to dictate a place on the map. Don't worry about fitting parameters, the graph is only a rough representastion, nothing ias concrete or precise at all, and my main fic World Turns (click the family photo in my signature) was started prior to my joining the NCTH and will most definately be making liberal use of alternate paralell universe counterparts where needed.

TheNorthWind

Master of Puppets
It is with great pride that I inform you that I just finished writing the final chapter of Hero's Path. Because the story is now written in it's entierty, and I see no point in dragging it out over ten more weeks, I will be ammending my update schedule. I will post as normal this Friday, but starting next week, I will post TWO chapters, one on either Tuesday or Wednesday, in addition to the regular one on Friday. Yes, that means you get double the amount of Hero's Path goodness for the next five weeks.

GET EXCITED!

Quick question about that. Is there a sequel to Hero's Path, or this the end of Cole's story?

Firebrand

Indomitable
Not sure about that, to be honest. It's the end for a while at least, because I need to put some serious time into building up Fire Eternal, and starting my next original novel length. I've had the idea for one more short (five chapter-ish thing), and a tangential oneshot about Hope. But for now, I dont't see myself writing anything about Cole for a while unless we do another group RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.