• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Do I still get to slam a door in yo- Ah, I mean, does Glover still "run into" you at the League then or do I need to retcon that introduction somehow?
(Shameless plug for Tempest story)

Hmm...probably not. I mean, Xander still had a role in the Hoenn conflict I just won't be covering it in my fic. Like I said, I will be skipping ahead around 10 to 13 years in the timeline for chapter 4 and beyond. I'll start working on it today.

Firebrand

Indomitable
The other reason is that where I was going with it was going ot be very dark, and I don't really want to write something like that right now. I'm not saying that I'm going to do like a comedy or anything, just not something with the death toll being in the thousands.

*Points at chapters 40-50 of Scattered Sparks* You get used to it.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Oh yeah, I was also going to ask, because I don't have wifi, can I still challenge the league through the Pokemon Online battle simulator? Assuming it's ok with the leaders of course.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Oh yeah, I was also going to ask, because I don't have wifi, can I still challenge the league through the Pokemon Online battle simulator? Assuming it's ok with the leaders of course.

Not cool with me. Slows my computer down something fierce. I finally had to uninstall. But it'll be awhile till you reach elite four anyway.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Not cool with me. Slows my computer down something fierce. I finally had to uninstall. But it'll be awhile till you reach elite four anyway.

ALright thanks for letting me know. On a related note, if anyone would like to battle on Pokemon Online I'll be free for the rest of the day, so drop me a pm if you're interested.

Firebrand

Indomitable
To usher in my new update schedule, here's Glancing Blows, wherein about 60% of the stuff about HP that just plain doesn't make sense is explained.

Of course, I then troll you by adding on another 20% of more mindscrewing.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Okay everyone, I have a small announcement to make. My fic just recieved a long review by JX Valentine, and it was very good and informative. I agree with her that Xander was becoming a bit too much of a Gary Stu, so I plan on reworking that. I'm not totally sure what traits I should remove from him though. The first that I can think of is to make it so that he doesn't become a professor till he's about twenty-seven or so, but I'm afraid that that'll mess up everyone's fics that I'm mentioned in. Let me know what you guys think.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Who else has seen that incredibly boss new trailer for BW2? Probably the most awesome thing I've seen today. All week, easy. Maaaaaan... if the games are half as cool as that was, it's worth every penny.

Now I've got to start seriously thinking about how I want to play through these games. I know for a nickname theme I'll be doing celtic legend and lore (because what else can you expect from your cloud-cuckoolander Firebrand?). I'm really torn between going with Oshawott again, or trying out Tepig. I've used both in BW1, but... grr, choices. I think it all hinges on how early I can get Growlithe in-game. Because while Emboar would be a good fire/fighting type to have, I also would love to have an Arcanine and a Lucario, and having duplicate types would be redundant. And I'm iffy on Oshawott, because of the Keldeo download I'm sure they'll give us. Keldeo will make a perfect Sir Galahad. Not to mention the BST of Samurott and Keldeo are very similar...
Hm... what I may do is just not have one of the three starters. I'll just trade Keldeo and a Zorua over ASAP, and start off with those.
So right now the team is looking like:

Tentative Starter (Arthur for Samurott, Mordred for Emboar)
Keldeo (Galahad)
Lucario (Nuada)
Arcanine (Dagda)
Zoroark (Morgana Le Fay)

It'd be great to get a Lancelot, Robin Hood, Merlin or Niamh in there somehow.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Who else has seen that incredibly boss new trailer for BW2? Probably the most awesome thing I've seen today. All week, easy. Maaaaaan... if the games are half as cool as that was, it's worth every penny.

Now I've got to start seriously thinking about how I want to play through these games. I know for a nickname theme I'll be doing celtic legend and lore (because what else can you expect from your cloud-cuckoolander Firebrand?). I'm really torn between going with Oshawott again, or trying out Tepig. I've used both in BW1, but... grr, choices. I think it all hinges on how early I can get Growlithe in-game. Because while Emboar would be a good fire/fighting type to have, I also would love to have an Arcanine and a Lucario, and having duplicate types would be redundant. And I'm iffy on Oshawott, because of the Keldeo download I'm sure they'll give us. Keldeo will make a perfect Sir Galahad. Not to mention the BST of Samurott and Keldeo are very similar...
Hm... what I may do is just not have one of the three starters. I'll just trade Keldeo and a Zorua over ASAP, and start off with those.

Keldeo (Galahad)
Lucario (Nuada)
Arcanine (Dagda)
Zoroark (Morgana Le Fay)

If you can afford it get both! Maybe not at the same time, but hmmm. Use Tepig in Black 2 and Oshawott in White 2. This is according to the Kyruem forms. Since Reshiram's is in White 2, then that is basically ANOTHER fire type. Then, in Black 2 you won't die from just one electric attack because you'll have Emboar.

And...

THAT TRAILER MAY HAVE BEEN THR BEST POKEMON ONE I HAVE EVER SEEN. I saw it yesterday!

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
That trailer reconfirms that Nintendo could EASILY pull off a mildly successful if not moreso Pokemon movie about someone else in the world execpt Ash. Not that I have anything against him per se, but I loved Chronicles because it told other people's stories and there's so much potential here.

Keldeo (Galahad)
Lucario (Nuada)
Arcanine (Dagda)
Zoroark (Morgana Le Fay)

Seeing as I sent you somethign with Arthur the Samurott in it, please allow me to giveyou more ideas to profit from. Lancelot was initially going to be an Excsvilier. I think you guess why, but I ended up changing that out, Lance is now slated, at least within the confines of my story, to be a Bisharp, with Pawniard serving as squires to other humanoid Pokemon and thier companion Rapidash.

And I think if you haven't already nicknamed the Muskedeer as Athos, Porthos, and Dartanian (SP?) We'll have to disown you.

Merlin I've not decided on yet, either. He's tentatively a Xatu but that's too close to the Mystery Dungeons. A Mismagius perhaps, that's not a female only species, after all, but Im not sold yet. Aloakazam's not really sprcery enough, but it's another possibility.

And La Fey is already a Zoroark on my team. So nyah. (Tenchar limit prevents her full name, and seeing as my real name is Morgan, I rulled out Morgana.)

I could totally see a Grovyle as Robin Hood.

Last edited:

Wartiger97

The Forester
That trailer reconfirms that Nintendo could EASILY pull off a mildly successful if not more so Pokemon movie about someone else in the world execpt Ash. Not that I have anything against him per se, but I loved Chronicles because it told other people's stories and there's so much potential here.

Amen to that.

I could totally see a Grovyle as Robin Hood.

Lol I already have a Treecko named Robin.

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
By the time the trailer ended, I forgot it was a game they were advertising. I was so engrossed in this kid and his Lucario! I can't wait till it's released in English. Of course, to make it truly awesome, it would need the female character in it... But on a side note, how long is the time in between BW and B2W2? It can't be long, since N is still pretty much the same age. Speaking of N, notice how he's still alive.

And I really DO wish they would make a movie (or even a whole spinoff anime) starring a different character. They have so much potential, as Glover said. And I really don't like Ash, anyhow.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
By the time the trailer ended, I forgot it was a game they were advertising. I was so engrossed in this kid and his Lucario! I can't wait till it's released in English. Of course, to make it truly awesome, it would need the female character in it... But on a side note, how long is the time in between BW and B2W2? It can't be long, since N is still pretty much the same age. Speaking of N, notice how he's still alive.

And I really DO wish they would make a movie (or even a whole spinoff anime) starring a different character. They have so much potential, as Glover said. And I really don't like Ash, anyhow.

Yeah, I'm kinda bummed that they didn't do another character fro the Female Player like they did May/Brendan. Then again, I can't remember who the DPPt guy was, so...

Amen to that.

Lol I already have a Treecko named Robin.
Great Minds and all. It's just too logical, since Robin Hoodmade such good use of the trees in Sherwood Forest, and since the Treeko line are supposed to be agile creatures in trees. (But seriously? How does Skeptile MOVE with a Christmas Tree stuck to its aft?)

Oh, and here's the One-Shot that tipped this whole discussion off to begin with: Til death Please read and review!

Last edited:

ThePhoenixarisen9

Blazing Spirit
How long has it been...

So nice to see everyone alive and well! I'm still here, just not... as active. Just thought I'd stop by and see how things are going. I may continue RotP, since i got a new laptop and I've been kind of bored latley. If people want me to write it, i might. I'm also going through my old GBA games, as well as being on Xbox Live (Trollolololol), so it may not happen immediately. Post your responses. I wish you all a good day.

That anime trailer for B&W2 was boss. You guys should see the subbed version on Youtube. Amazingly beautiful. That trailer should be made into an anime. It'll be 10x better than the one they have already. Seriously. Just look up anime physics on Bulbapedia.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
The new Hero's Path, Show Time, is up. I've been wanting to do this chapter for so long, it's ridiculous. But actually. It's just so good.

Keyo61491

Hakumei Tenshi
Just a few updates. First of all, I'm still alive....yay I guess. My online availibility has been cut...so I won't be on as long as a used to, I've edited my sig already to specific times are there. Lastly thanks to Nate :)342:/theNorthwind) and his BS, I feel obligated now to write a fan fic of my own... I've never written anything in my life, nor am I a fan of writing... but if I'm gonna make my own manga and anime, I have to get some kind of experience somewhere...

TheNorthWind

Master of Puppets
Just a few updates. First of all, I'm still alive....yay I guess. My online availibility has been cut...so I won't be on as long as a used to, I've edited my sig already to specific times are there. Lastly thanks to Nate :)342:/theNorthwind) and his BS, I feel obligated now to write a fan fic of my own... I've never written anything in my life, nor am I a fan of writing... but if I'm gonna make my own manga and anime, I have to get some kind of experience somewhere...

Hey, it's your fault you decided to feel obligated, don't drag me into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.