• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
(Because for the life of me I can't figure out how to multiquote. Don't judge.)

@Mug- I don't really play computer games much, though I have played some of the earlier Elder Scrolls games. I don't really like lagging up my computer. I do have DDO on it, though, and play it less often than I play actual Dungeons and Dragons.

@Feral- Or you can do it the way I have, going on major kicks of inspiration, then hitting Writer's Block and rage quitting for weeks on end. Incidentally, I added about two sentences to DQ the other night before I felt like I was going to pass out on my keyboard. Then my computer auto-updated overnight and I have no idea whether it saved or not.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
View attachment 5209
*shrugs*

I don't do FPS games. Guns are cheating. Seriously. They are. Real men fight with swords. Or magic. Or Pokemon. Not guns. If you can kill someone without seeing the whites of their eyes and being forced to acknowledge that you're taking the life of another human being, I just don't see the honor in it. Simple as that.

Tankforme.jpg

Moto says: "I win!"

Source:http://www.mariokartwii.com/f37/rotom-forms-46000.html

In all Serious though, did you read that little fic I did in Hoenn? The part where half a town of people were vaprized quickly and instantaniously by a Rayquaza's Hyper Beam, because five hundred miles away, Maxie snapped his fingers and commanded it to do so?

I tend to stick to the "its a game" rule, myself. I have no business around guns in real life, so I don't touch them. One of these days, I need to fix that. But a game is not the same thing. (teh difference being that we, unlike most of our generation, don't seem to make that connection and think guns are toys) And anyway, in Halo, unless you're playing the laser tqag multi player version, you're killing things that would love nothing mor e than to roast you over a spit.

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
View attachment 5209

Tankforme.jpg

Moto says: "I win!"

Source:http://www.mariokartwii.com/f37/rotom-forms-46000.html

In all Serious though, did you read that little fic I did in Hoenn? The part where half a town of people were vaprized quickly and instantaniously by a Rayquaza's Hyper Beam, because five hundred miles away, Maxie snapped his fingers and commanded it to do so?

I tend to stick to the "its a game" rule, myself. I have no business around guns in real life, so I don't touch them. One of these days, I need to fix that. But a game is not the same thing. (teh difference being that we, unlike most of our generation, don't seem to make that connection and think guns are toys) And anyway, in Halo, unless you're playing the laser tqag multi player version, you're killing things that would love nothing mor e than to roast you over a spit.

AMEN! Almost every other guy at my school goes around saying obnoxiously how they can kill a whole squad of trained US forces in battle, with their only qualification is playing those games. It drives me insane.

And while we have been on this topic I've thought of one to add. Not counting Pokemon, what game series is your personal favorite at the moment?

Mine would be the Legend of Zelda titles. I've just started playing them and spent most of the summer playing them. I just started the DS games today.

Wartiger97

The Forester
Eh Pokemon is a cool game but I like games where you get to do the fighting yourself and I would say Zelda, Halo, and Assassin's Creed are my favorites.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Difficult question. I'm not really into a specific series, but I love Mario games in general. Also, I've recently gotten hooked on Cooking Mama 3. Don't judge me.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Hey, I'm actually posting here!

I see that the discussion is on other games. Well, I really like the Mass Effect trilogy, Skyrim, and SWTOR right now. Oh, and Fallout: New Vegas as well.

I'd like to apologize for disappearing but this summer has been crazy busy, I really hope to get another chapter of Prof. X up sometime this week, and do plan on checking in here far more often.

ThePhoenixarisen9

Blazing Spirit
To all who wish to know, I probably won't be doing RotP as often. It doesn't't mean I won't, it just means I... will be writing scarcely.

Aside from finishing my games from ruby and sapphire to white, I am doing other things. I.just came back from disneyworld, and I am tired.

Also, I play Xbox live and stuff... Like mw3... So, yeah... I also like sonic the hedgehog... I just do...

Last edited:

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
You know, I the only other games I have on me that I play regularly is the Lego:Star Wars for the older movies. Lotta good humor in those.

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
LEGEND OF ZELDAAAAAA

/caps

Seriously, I rep that game. Link constantly battles all 649 Pokemon for my heart. One day I'm like "Yeah, LOZ is the greatest game series ever!" then I go and play Pokemon the next day and am like "What was I thinking?! Pokemon all the way!"
I think I like the LOZ games better, but prefer the Pokemon fandom.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
LEGEND OF ZELDAAAAAA

/caps

Seriously, I rep that game. Link constantly battles all 649 Pokemon for my heart. One day I'm like "Yeah, LOZ is the greatest game series ever!" then I go and play Pokemon the next day and am like "What was I thinking?! Pokemon all the way!"
I think I like the LOZ games better, but prefer the Pokemon fandom.

Yeah, I do that too, since they all have their niches. The one I want to play at any given moment depends my mood: Mario if I want a fun side-scroller, Zelda if I want a (for lack of a better description) game similar to Feral's Blazing Heart, and Pokemon for the difference and nostalgia.

Firebrand

Indomitable
(Because for the life of me I can't figure out how to multiquote. Don't judge.)

tumblr_m0qzn8USoX1rrb3wao1_1280.png

Yeah, I do that too, since they all have their niches. The one I want to play at any given moment depends my mood: Mario if I want a fun side-scroller, Zelda if I want a (for lack of a better description) game similar to Feral's Blazing Heart, and Pokemon for the difference and nostalgia.

Blazing Heart... compared to Zelda? D'aaaaw, Blazi, you just became my person of the day.

LEGEND OF ZELDAAAAAA

And agreed wholeheartedly. Zelda games are just plain fun. Most times, unless it's a very expansive RPG, I can't go back and replay a game without being bored. However, for example, I have played through Twilight Princess seven times. Five times on 100% completion. And each time, I was able to go back and enjoy it just as much as I did the first time. The same applies with Ocarina, Skyward Sword, Oracle of Seasons, Minish Cap, any other title you care to name.

So on top of my current SS completion playthrough, I'm also going for another 100% on Metroid Prime 3, which is the one series of FPS that I can tolerate. It's far closer to Zelda, in terms of figuring out puzzles and challenges, than Halo or Call of Duty, where the only goal is to shoot as many things as possible, as fast as possible. Granted, Space Pirate melees are fun, but anyone who's played Metroid gets my point.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...rld-Turns-Back-Around&p=14835783#post14835783

This week's chapter is live. Funny story, when I left Madison last weekend, I had almost twenty pages to add to the twelve I had alreaedy written (the chapter you will soon see before you) but in its most vulnerable moment being transferred off of my new Ipad and into Serebii, that work went POOF!

Probably good, there was a LOT fo things happening in that chapter, and it probably would have been broken up into CH 29 and 30.

So, suffice to say, this could be the longest Friday anyone could experience. All that and more, Starting now.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Yawn.. Had a tournament this weekend. Decided not to compete this time, just to volunteer. Still, at any rate, getting less than nine hours of sleep several days in a row just kills me, I swear..

Onto the question: I'm actually rather picky when it comes to my games. Aside from Pokemon, and occasionally instead of Pokemon, Legend of Zelda is by far my favorite series. Mostly the 3D games, though; I can't really get into the top-down ones. I also play Sonic and Spyro, both much less regularly. Oh, and Guitar Hero. Am I missing anything? I'll try any Pokemon game, though, from main series to Ranger to Rumble. Mystery Dungeon, Conquest, XD, Puzzle League, hell, even the Pokepark games aren't safe from me. I even have Hey You, Pikachu lying around somewhere. I wish they'd remake Pokemon Snap, though, or release a sequel, preferably on the 3DS. That game was outstanding.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
So... I'm checking in.

My Fighting Gym: open.

My schedule: unfortunately it's about to get extremely busy.

So what has everyone else been doing?

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
So what has everyone else been doing?

Trying to remind myself to get my Rock team into shape for if/when I get the Gym Leader postition. Which reminds me, I'm going to go PM Feral about that audition battle right now before I forget. Again.

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
Ice Leader here. Just checking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.