• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
Or Dracoburn, she's the Co-leader with Feral.

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold

Firebrand

Indomitable
Haha, funny story. Because DO is no longer active, and I've got no way to edit the member post, it really doesn't matter about adding people to the group. You want in and post here to say hello, you're in. It's not like a clan where we have to take careful attention for our membership. We're a recreational group for a recreational... game-thing.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Haha, funny story. Because DO is no longer active, and I've got no way to edit the member post, it really doesn't matter about adding people to the group. You want in and post here to say hello, you're in. It's not like a clan where we have to take careful attention for our membership. We're a recreational group for a recreational... game-thing.

Well, we do have YOUR post on the front page, with the ficcy info and all, or are those too old to edit?

Speaking of, we do have several people writing fics... wink wink nudge nudge.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Well, we do have YOUR post on the front page, with the ficcy info and all, or are those too old to edit?

Oh yea, I added two whole paragraphs to my fic last night! Writer's Block is a Houndoom with short horns, if you know what I'm sayin'.

And thank you, Nox, for validating me.

Wartiger97

The Forester

I believe your refering to me I just got my first girlfirend last week so I haven't gotten to work much on the final draft of the prologue and first three or four chapters I can't get them just the way I want.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
I believe your refering to me I just got my first girlfirend last week so I haven't gotten to work much on the final draft of the prologue and first three or four chapters I can't get them just the way I want.

Congrats about the girlfriend, man. If and when you get back to your fic, though, be careful about writing her into it. I learned the hard way that if you make your fic too close to your actual life, it'll hurt you in the long run. You know, like when you kill off one of your Pokemon and one of your family members ironically dies a few days later, causing you to fall into a five month hiatus because it's just too hard to face for a little while.. Anyway, I digress ^,^;;

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Wel, sorta, but I meant more in general Feral's post on Page1 about NCTH fics is rather out of date now.

Women, always getting in the way of progress. (Yes yes, I'm sure Draco and Mug ((and any other young ladies whom are less active on here)) would be saying the same thing about us)
Congrats about the girlfriend, man. If and when you get back to your fic, though, be careful about writing her into it. I learned the hard way that if you make your fic too close to your actual life, it'll hurt you in the long run. You know, like when you kill off one of your Pokemon and one of your family members ironically dies a few days later, causing you to fall into a five month hiatus because it's just too hard to face for a little while.. Anyway, I digress ^,^;;
Ouch. Yeah, you and I have had theat conversation before, or a similar one at the very least. Hang in there!
Oh yea, I added two whole paragraphs to my fic last night! Writer's Block is a Houndoom with short horns, if you know what I'm sayin'.

And thank you, Nox, for validating me.
+1

Best "pokemonization" I have seen of swearing ever.

Speaking of fics and writer's bocks, I seem to be having trouble getting CH29 written. If it doesn't make it out this weekend, then I fear won't make it out until after the 17th, on account of I'm hopping a train for New Mexico to see family, and Amtrak doesn't have wifi on the Texas Eagle yet, not to mention the fact that unless I PM myself with it, I won't have it on my "P*DA" (Ipad) to post when I stop over in Chicago. On a side note though, I'll be in Becca's end of the country for a while. I'll bring marshmellows for the fire! :)

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
Yes yes, I'm sure Draco and Mug ((and any other young ladies whom are less active on here)) would be saying the same thing about us

Wow, didn't know I've been active enough to be acknowledged.
Psssssh, I don't need men to get in the way of my writing (if I was doing any writing in the first place). I already have that "short-horned Houndoom" as Draco put it(and that was hilarious) lounging around by my computer every time I try to do so. Which, ironically, gives me an idea...

"Houndoom, again, really? Move it." I growled as I laid eyes on the dog Pokemon who was napping on my computer desk. She lazily opened an eye and, seeing me, closed it again.

"Oooooh, no you don't!" I tried to lift her off the desk to no avail. "You can't stay. I have a huge essay due and if you're here, I can't write it."

She snorted, uncaring.

"I can't write it by hand, either. The teacher wants it typed. Houndoom, move it!"

She rolled onto her back.

I couldn't win this. She was going to stay here, and I was going to have to beg her to move, give her whatever she wanted, degrade myself, just so I could write an essay that I didn't want to write. I would know. This has happened before. And the worst part is, every time I get her to move, every time I go to sit down and begin writing whatever it was, every time--

I forget what I was going to write about.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Wow, didn't know I've been active enough to be acknowledged.
Psssssh, I don't need men to get in the way of my writing (if I was doing any writing in the first place). I already have that "short-horned Houndoom" as Draco put it(and that was hilarious) lounging around by my computer every time I try to do so. Which, ironically, gives me an idea...

Love it.

You've been holding out on us, Elizaveta. What was that you said a few pages back, "I don't have a character..."

Firebrand

Indomitable

Oh yeah. Maybe I should do a NCTH census or something.

Speaking of fics, I've been rereading LoH and HP on my breaks at work (and believe me, working full-time is about as big of a distraction as a writer can get. I think I've written maybe seven pages across FE and DP in the past two weeks...). And I"m just so surprised at the vast disparity between the two. Like, LoH has a lot of witty banter and general light-hardheartedness, while HP is super gritty and generally depressing, albeit a better story. In fact, if there's any humor at all past the work camp arc, it's in all likelihood dark comedy.

it's like LoH is The Avengers, and HP is Dark Knight Rises, complete with the destruction of the bat symbol and general Inception-ness.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Oh yeah. Maybe I should do a NCTH census or something.

Speaking of fics, I've been rereading LoH and HP on my breaks at work (and believe me, working full-time is about as big of a distraction as a writer can get. I think I've written maybe seven pages across FE and DP in the past two weeks...). And I"m just so surprised at the vast disparity between the two. Like, LoH has a lot of witty banter and general light-hardheartedness, while HP is super gritty and generally depressing, albeit a better story. In fact, if there's any humor at all past the work camp arc, it's in all likelihood dark comedy.

it's like LoH is The Avengers, and HP is Dark Knight Rises, complete with the destruction of the bat symbol and general Inception-ness.
Yes, yes you should. Though we have a lot of sleepercells amongst our regular posters.

Yay for refereces to movies I still need to see....

Although, I'm going to one of those neat older theatres to see batgboy tonight, so that's two down. Someday I will see Inception...

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Dang, there has been a ton going on here! Groudon hath been laughing at all of the band people lately. Today was the first time in at least a week that it has rained (not even much at that), which probably just made it extremely humid.

And thanks to this and feeling dead once I get back to a keyboard I haven't gotten to work much on my story. The way I see the arc going is Maelstrom as a prequel to The Galactic Files and then another as a sequel. A trilogy of sorts. I'm going to try to write more later tonight.

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
You've been holding out on us, Elizaveta. What was that you said a few pages back, "I don't have a character..."

Oh, shoot, you've caught me red-handed. I don't much like repeating characters (though I recycle names without guilt), so I wasn't sure if I should use her.

Despite my general "never have enough time" excuse, I'm three chapters into a collab with two friends, HydroSwampert and Bekidding. Check out Chasing the Stars, if you dare. I'm working on chapter four right now, so it should be up before the week-end is up.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Oh, shoot, you've caught me red-handed. I don't much like repeating characters (though I recycle names without guilt), so I wasn't sure if I should use her.

Despite my general "never have enough time" excuse, I'm three chapters into a collab with two friends, HydroSwampert and Bekidding. Check out Chasing the Stars, if you dare. I'm working on chapter four right now, so it should be up before the week-end is up.

Well, that's what you get for putting a "Click the banner to go to my deviantART account!" into your signature. Phht! But don't worry, the worst thing that can happen t you now is you get written into bad fan-fiction.

Repeating characters is perfectly fine. Glover's on every Pokemon site I visit, hec my GPX account is wrapepd completely around him, Janie, and Cayna's Pokemon with the few sole exceptions of lgendaries. I tend to kee my Transformers accouts unified as well under a single name. (Which most of my RR hobby is also under) that way people know its actually me. And if things deviate too much, you can always claim paralell dimensions.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to revie a story.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
So Nox and I both got our DS systems and games stolen today. I'd go into more detail, but we've been up all night trying to get them, and our wallets, phones and keys back from the stupid kids who thought it would be fun to steal stuff from a bunch of people who were nothing but nice to them. No promises about whether or not we get our games back in one piece, if at all. Fingers crossed that we do, and that those little punks get their hind ends torn through their bodies from a rusty fishing hook inserted in their nasal cavities. We'll update about our availability in the future, but until our games are either returned or purchased and restarted, our gyms are essentially closed for the time being. Wish us luck in our search. Thanks.

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
Oh, gosh, Draco, that's awful! I'm so sorry that happened to you. If you don't mind, more details would be good if/when you can. I'll lend you my Togepi; and with it, comes the best of luck in your search!

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Draco, Nox, I'm not worried about the games, best of luck getting WALLETS and KEYS back. if the DSs come with it, all the better.

Firebrand

Indomitable
, and our wallets, phones and keys back from the stupid kids who thought it would be fun to steal stuff from a bunch of people who were nothing but nice to them.

All three of those things could likely be tracked. If you guys had debit/credit cards and those kids were stupid enough to try and purchase things with them, you could trace recent transactions. If they had a shred of common sense, well, there are other ways. Many cell phones come equipped with GPS software, mostly for using map applications, but it can also be used to track down lost or stolen phones. Not sure how exactly, but I know it can be done. Some car keys also have a tracking chip, for just such a reason as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.