• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
All three of those things could likely be tracked. If you guys had debit/credit cards and those kids were stupid enough to try and purchase things with them, you could trace recent transactions. If they had a shred of common sense, well, there are other ways. Many cell phones come equipped with GPS software, mostly for using map applications, but it can also be used to track down lost or stolen phones. Not sure how exactly, but I know it can be done. Some car keys also have a tracking chip, for just such a reason as this.

Believe you me, Feral, we're smart enough to have figured this stuff out on our own. The phones, unfortunately, need to be turned on for us to track them with the GPS systems. We know where they were before they thought to shut off the phones, but they figured it out within an hour of stealing the stuff. We know who did it, and have an idea of where they live, but it's in an entirely different city from our own. We filed a police report, but response on that would require the cop to actually give a shred of respect for our case. We don't know that we'll ever get any of this back, but we're trying. It seems sort of hopeful, but the officer said so himself that the chances of us having any success with this are slim to none. My mom told me to completely abandon hope, but she's a pessimist, and Nox's family is more optimistic about this. We're sort of just doing damage control until we have the opportunity to take action. This really seriously sucks, though. I mostly just feel bad that both of us are paying for this, not just me.. We both lost hundreds of dollars' worth of games, phones, wallets, keys, etcetera.

Last edited:

NaturalTrainer

NCTHUJ Dragon GL
Hello, everyone! Sorry, for my random absence. I had caught a virus. Both inside me and my computer. But I am back now! And I missed yo faces.
So, keep me in check. What's been up within the League?

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Dropping you guys a note to let you know that I shall be away until the 18th. Taking a train to beautiful (hot) Deming, New Mexico to see some family. I don't expect to have Wifi except for my layover in Chicago.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Dropping you guys a note to let you know that I shall be away until the 18th. Taking a train to beautiful (hot) Deming, New Mexico to see some family. I don't expect to have Wifi except for my layover in Chicago.

Arceus, Deming.. I narrowly avoided being dragged there under similar pretenses two weeks ago. I wish you the best, friend.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Well, it's actually Silver City where they ;ove, Deming's just the closest Amtrak gets to it so they'll meet me there. Least its a Dry heat...

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
This is me checking in. I've been working a little on Maelstrom lately and hope to have the next chapter out soon. Maybe once I have a regular school schedule I'll get more done.

In other news, as it has been, the Dojo Master is free to take any challengers, and I'll try getting back to my challenges soon...

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Checking in. Nox and I managed to recover some of our stuff, but not cell phones or games/gaming players. I managed to keep my Black version, with my gym team, because I miraculously left it at home. Nox, on the other hand, still has yet to recover his White version, which has his gym team. All else fails, we'll work something out. Insurance claims have been filed, though, so we might be able to buy new games soon.

In other news, I'm about two-and-a-half weeks away from going away to college. Big changes, eh?

Keyo61491

Hakumei Tenshi
Just making sure this club is still here

Firebrand

Indomitable
In other news, I'm about two-and-a-half weeks away from going away to college. Big changes, eh?

I feel you. But ah, it's going to be great having a whole new adventure to start on, and a whole new crop of people to indoctrina... I mean win over.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
So I was thinking: What if we had a real-life meetup for this club?

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
So I was thinking: What if we had a real-life meetup for this club?

Except we live all over the country. Heck, if there's probably someone who isn't even in North America, like DO. It seems like it would be awfully inconvenient for at least someone. The Facebook version of this is probably the closest that I can think of for your suggestion.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I didn't say attendance was mandatory. We can work out a time and place that's best for everybody, and if someone can't make it, they can't.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Except we live all over the country. Heck, if there's probably someone who isn't even in North America, like DO. It seems like it would be awfully inconvenient for at least someone. The Facebook version of this is probably the closest that I can think of for your suggestion.

Speaking of, JOIN THE FACEBOOK ONE, GUYS. If you -have- a Facebook, that is. Cause it's a great resource for many things, like immediate answers to questions and last-minute battle invites. Plus, because of the earlier point of us living all over the place, we usually have an admin or somebody with immediate access to an admin online just about twenty-four/seven.

Propaganda sequence complete.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Speaking of, JOIN THE FACEBOOK ONE, GUYS. If you -have- a Facebook, that is. Cause it's a great resource for many things, like immediate answers to questions and last-minute battle invites. Plus, because of the earlier point of us living all over the place, we usually have an admin or somebody with immediate access to an admin online just about twenty-four/seven.

Propaganda sequence complete.
Just did. I wish I knew who everyone was, though. I guessed Becca, Joan, Xander, Nate, and Connor, but I don't recognize anyone else.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Just did. I wish I knew who everyone was, though. I guessed Becca, Joan, Xander, Nate, and Connor, but I don't recognize anyone else.

When we're smart, we tag the bottoms of our posts like so:

-glover

But we aren't always smart. Ofthe fb gang, Im the only one of two who's character in no way refflects myself or my name, although i am ahead of most of you by two years, just as Glover is one of the more senior members right now, at least of the active crew.

I know blazi isn't even on favebok, imdon't aboutnour other junior members who've come in recently, but i applaud them for their resistance.

As to meeting up, i think the only way woud be forus ro in a few years do somethimg crazy like hitnthe Nationals when its someplace central to the States, Indy has hosted the last 2? Years, but that may be too far east for the colorado contingent. Perhaps when we all in the
Ast stages of college, we should revisit this topic. Remember, feral and draco both just graduated high schol, i'm two years out, and alarge majority arestill in HS Until then, our best bets may be to arrange meetups in other travels, with family, and on a one on one basis. And who knows, we may all not have anything other than the club to talk about when we meetup. Wouldn't that be a stinker of a meetup?

Were i going through Colorado, i'd definately try to look people up. And Rhode Island isn't That long of a train ride from NYC, etc.
As it stands, i'm writing this post from Silver City NM, and blowing through Dallas, san an, el paso, st louis and chicago on the 16th by train. anyone near here? :)

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
When we're smart, we tag the bottoms of our posts like so:

-glover

But we aren't always smart. Ofthe fb gang, Im the only one of two who's character in no way refflects myself or my name, although i am ahead of most of you by two years, just as Glover is one of the more senior members right now, at least of the active crew.

I know blazi isn't even on favebok, imdon't aboutnour other junior members who've come in recently, but i applaud them for their resistance.

As to meeting up, i think the only way woud be forus ro in a few years do somethimg crazy like hitnthe Nationals when its someplace central to the States, Indy has hosted the last 2? Years, but that may be too far east for the colorado contingent. Perhaps when we all in the
Ast stages of college, we should revisit this topic. Until then, our best bets may be to arrange meetups in other travels. Were i going through Colorado, i'd definately try to look people up. And Rhode Island isn't That long of a train ride from NYC.

As it stands, i'm writing this post from Silver City NM, anyone near here? :)

They never go anywhere near me for Regonals. Neither Alabama, Mississippi, nor Georiga almost ever have an event, and when they do I have school. Everything else is just too far away at the moment. Maybe when I'm in college and can actually drive solo for long trips like that, but seeing as I'm only midway through High School that will be a while.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Just edited my gym post, y'all. Go read it.

Firebrand

Indomitable
To reinforce what Becca said, yes, join the Facebook group. If you want to but can't find it, it's the "Non-Competitive Trainers' Hangout: Facebook Edition". The connections possible there are far more instantaneous. I'm sure we've all that moment where we VM someone who's online, only to find that they logged off before seeing it. With facebook, we can be sure our communications are seen in a timely manner.

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
I'm Forrest Chadderdon on there, like I said. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.