• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Sad news to report out of Hoenn today, After our discussions last weekend I booted up my old GBA games to clean them off. Ruby and Saphire both reported "The Internal battery has run dry. You can still play, but clock-related function no longer work."

It's probably a matter of moths before they discharge completely, and can't maintain the save file at all. Not that I play them anymore, Everyone but a few Magikarp made it off alive, but they're slipping away... slowly... Emerald's next, FireRed, LeafGreen, I'm not sure where my FR is...

Reason number 361 for remakes of the Hoenn games, but I digress.

Yeah, I bought an Emerald cartridge on eBay about a week ago... It had that problem. Luckily, there's a store by me that can put a new battery in, so the game will work as if it was new.

Firebrand

Indomitable
So I decided today that, when I go home for Thanksgiving break, I'm bringing my copy of Diamond back to college with me and I'm going to try out a Nuzlocke run, just to see what it's like. I'll take notes on it, like the big events (evolutions, gym battles, plot events, etc.) and eventually put it in fic form when I get a little more time to write things. At the moment I'm trying to put out DP and FE like a madman to keep my buffer up, so...

I'll probably write it from the perspective of Cole's daughter who, up until now, has been strictly headcanon. Tweak some plot stuff so that it fits a 17ish or so years later timeline, age up the gym leaders and key characters, and generally see how much of an emotional wreck I become every time one of my pokemon dies.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I'll probably write it from the perspective of Cole's daughter who, up until now, has been strictly headcanon. Tweak some plot stuff so that it fits a 17ish or so years later timeline, age up the gym leaders and key characters, and generally see how much of an emotional wreck I become every time one of my pokemon dies.

Janie'd hae a friend in the NCTH then! Whoo! Although I think it'd be potentially more fun to see Cole as a father.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
So I decided today that, when I go home for Thanksgiving break, I'm bringing my copy of Diamond back to college with me and I'm going to try out a Nuzlocke run, just to see what it's like. I'll take notes on it, like the big events (evolutions, gym battles, plot events, etc.) and eventually put it in fic form when I get a little more time to write things. At the moment I'm trying to put out DP and FE like a madman to keep my buffer up, so...

That sounds great. The daughter of the legendary Firebrand begins...

Janie'd hae a friend in the NCTH then! Whoo! Although I think it'd be potentially more fun to see Cole as a father.

Actually one there's one other that'll show up about the time Janie is in Johto, whenever I ever get to my next fic. Since Dave would be too young to have a daughter in the 10-15 age range, my head canon is dictating a sister that'll travel Hoenn. She'll hopefully be introduced in Maelstrom when I get farther and Archie and Maxie are gone.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Sad news to report out of Hoenn today, After our discussions last weekend I booted up my old GBA games to clean them off. Ruby and Saphire both reported "The Internal battery has run dry. You can still play, but clock-related function no longer work."

It's probably a matter of moths before they discharge completely, and can't maintain the save file at all. Not that I play them anymore, Everyone but a few Magikarp made it off alive, but they're slipping away... slowly... Emerald's next, FireRed, LeafGreen, I'm not sure where my FR is...

I bought a copy of Sapphire about a year+ ago that gave me the battery dry warning from the day I bought it (so who knows how long it was there before that), and it still plays and saves to this day (I just Nuzlocke'ed it a few weeks ago).

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
That sounds great. The daughter of the legendary Firebrand begins...
Yeah... I'm thinking that when she hits Pre-Teen we lock her in a DEEP well-lit but otherwise solid and seculded dungeon until she levels out. For the sake of humankind, I mean... Yeesh....

Adtechnically, adding 17-8 years for the Young Ms. Coulain would put Janie at 28.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
In thinking of the timeline... Cole is 19 by the conclusion of Hero's Path. 19 years later, Miranda starts her journey at 16. But keep in mind, even if Miranda inherited her father's fiery temper and less... ahem... stable tendencies, she might (and I must emphasize might) have also gotten some of her mother's level-headedness. Maybe. But probably not, because having Miranda fly off the handle for any in-fic death scene is too good an opportunity to pass up.

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
So, with the lovely gifts I got for my birthday, I'm steadily making my way back to the Elite 4 in White once again, after which I will rebuild my lost Ice Team. Hopefully I will have my gym up and running within a month or two. Figured I'd give people a heads-up, now that I have my new handheld, and games to do it all with.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
So, with the lovely gifts I got for my birthday, I'm steadily making my way back to the Elite 4 in White once again, after which I will rebuild my lost Ice Team. Hopefully I will have my gym up and running within a month or two. Figured I'd give people a heads-up, now that I have my new handheld, and games to do it all with.

Good luck rebuilding! If you need any help, I can try breeding whatever you need.

Nox_Invictus

Frozen Cold
Good luck rebuilding! If you need any help, I can try breeding whatever you need.

I'd love some help! Send me a message on here, Facebook or Skype, and we can work out a trade or somesuch. I'd be happy to breed something for you in return.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
In thinking of the timeline... Cole is 19 by the conclusion of Hero's Path. 19 years later, Miranda starts her journey at 16. But keep in mind, even if Miranda inherited her father's fiery temper and less... ahem... stable tendencies, she might (and I must emphasize might) have also gotten some of her mother's level-headedness. Maybe. But probably not, because having Miranda fly off the handle for any in-fic death scene is too good an opportunity to pass up.

Great, so she'd very levelheadedly murder us all when her first Boyfriend dumps her... or some other girl calls her fat or ugly or says her Pokemon's a dork or Lord and Arceus be with us the firt time her hormones go wonky. There's nothign worse than cold, calculated instability.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
So.. Blazi brought it to my attention that Photobucket broke the links to the badges I made: I had done some cleaning, so I don't know if it moved something by mistake or what, but if any of you are missing badges, I'm reposting them here. Please only claim what you've actually won, I'm taking this on faith. And if you have websapce (Photobucket, Flickr, Facebook will let you do it too, I highly encourage you to save and host them yourself.

MadbadgeJoanie.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/TitanXP/NCTH Gym badges/MadbadgeJoanie.gif
blazibadge-1.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/TitanXP/NCTH Gym badges/blazibadge-1.gif
Psybrawn.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/TitanXP/NCTH Gym badges/Psybrawn.gif
ifyoutiltyourheaditstilllooksliekasyringebadge.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...tiltyourheaditstilllooksliekasyringebadge.gif
MadScienceBadgeCole.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/TitanXP/NCTH Gym badges/MadScienceBadgeCole.gif
MadScienceBadgeDave.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/TitanXP/NCTH Gym badges/MadScienceBadgeDave.gif
MadScienceBadgeTrysten.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/TitanXP/NCTH Gym badges/MadScienceBadgeTrysten.gif
WartigerForestBadgefinal-1.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/TitanXP/NCTH Gym badges/WartigerForestBadgefinal-1.gif

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Hi all. New here. I've never been a competitive battler. I don't even battle in the Battle Factory/Subway/etc. much. I play for the story mostly. Looking forward to sharing ideas, opinions, etc.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I decided to start doing some stuff in Join Avenue on W2. Two of the NPCs that the game generates to visit are, and I kid you not... a breeder named Joan, and a scientist named Jasper. Gamefreak HAS been reading my fanfics. Does this mean we'll see the Omega War and a traveling circus in Gen VI? :p

DracoM

Is it too late to join guys? I've been trailing this for a while and finally decided to make an account

Status
Not open for further replies.