• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Hello everyone! I'm a new member of this club/hangout, and it goes without saying then that I'd love to have non EV trained battles with anyone! Oh and while I'm posting, I can help you Feralninja and give you a shpeal and panpour (you can even keep them if you want, for "free"), don't think I have a buneary though. I might, I'll check. But I definitely have those other two, want to trade?

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Trying to complete the regional dex on White 2... Can anyone breed me a Panpour, Spheal and Buneary?

I have a full Pokedex on White, so I'd be happy to help! I guess you already have an offer, though. Speaking of which...

Hello everyone! I'm a new member of this club/hangout, and it goes without saying then that I'd love to have non EV trained battles with anyone! Oh and while I'm posting, I can help you Feralninja and give you a shpeal and panpour (you can even keep them if you want, for "free"), don't think I have a buneary though. I might, I'll check. But I definitely have those other two, want to trade?

Welcome to our club! I would love to battle some time if you want!

Firebrand

Indomitable
I have everything I need except panpour and buneary. If you guys can help out, just shoot me a pm.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Also, still have a pulse. Reading through yesterday's posts, Rotations are warming up on me, although I've been a succesful fan of Chess, and it seems to me like the AI for rotations is the only o e that's smart enou to actually be a challenge. personally, i prefer the double/triple battles, because if you play it out right, you can set up some real sweet bonuses for your partner 'mons. Becca mentioned a few, and I know a few more. (seriously, have you ever Lava Plumed a triple battle with the Magmortar in the middle, flanked by a water type and a pokemon mid-fly?) I've actually toyed with the idea of switching up my gym to a triple format from its doubles, but so far its not been done.

Let me check, Feral, i think I have a Buneary not doing me anything.

Also, my serebii account is about two weeks behind in sending me notifications (I just got an email subscription notice for Nox announcing he has his replacement games and console and will be working on his ice team... Just got that today...). S I'm turning off my notifications until it catches up and see if it works after that. S if you need to reach me, you'll either be reliant on me actually seeing the flag that I have a new PM or you'll have to hunt me down through other means, I won't get thee-mail for it.

Last edited:

Charze

Always flyin'

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Ok, it has been WAY too long since we've had a good discussion. Almost a month. So what has everyone been up to lately? I haven't been playing much, since I haven't had much time, but I'm still around.

So, how do you think that Generation 6 enhance battle? What typed Pokemon does everyone want to see? How will it change our battles? I think that I remember hearing something about having a stronger bond when you battle, which sounds like the whole friendship thing that is already around. Of course, I would love to see some really cool dual fighting types. (Would there be any way to negate all of their weaknesses in one 'mon?) it would be pretty cool if that was the direction that Froakie goes. Maybe we'll get a fighting frog that doesn't usually spam Focus Punch this time!

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
Froakie has actually been rumored to be a water/electric type which is awesome, I'd love to see how that works out maybe making it a special sweeper

Firebrand

Indomitable
Yeah, I could see water-electric if they extrapolate on the Benjamin Franklin idea for Froakie. He has the spectacles and slightly poofy hair/wig. In the starter speculation thread, it's been tossed around that he is modeled after a Japanese thief, but I don't know, the Ben Franklin thing makes a lot more sense.

This discussion is good, but something I've been wondering lately... Do people actually use the Eject Button and Red Card? I could see how an Eject Button would help a Regenerator like Mienshao, and a Red Card could possibly be used for phasing on entry hazards.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I've very recently used Eject Button on Hitmontop since it was a way to re-use Fake-Out since he didn't have U-Turn. It worked fairly well, all things considered. I was running a Fake-Out spam team, with Mienshao and Ambipom using U-Turn to recycle and 'Top having the eject. It was one of those teams that started out gangbusters, but cooled off quickly and dramatically. It was fun while it lasted.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Yeah, I could see water-electric if they extrapolate on the Benjamin Franklin idea for Froakie. He has the spectacles and slightly poofy hair/wig. In the starter speculation thread, it's been tossed around that he is modeled after a Japanese thief, but I don't know, the Ben Franklin thing makes a lot more sense.

This discussion is good, but something I've been wondering lately... Do people actually use the Eject Button and Red Card? I could see how an Eject Button would help a Regenerator like Mienshao, and a Red Card could possibly be used for phasing on entry hazards.

I have not used either items. For my gym, I use a Mienshao. He has U-Turn, so Regenerator already has an outlet. Plus, they don't have the best defenses, so having to take a hit to use his ability might not be the best strategy.

In regards to Froakie, if the attack that it used (not the water one) did in fact represent his second type, then I could see fighting be the second.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side

I'd love a water electric, but moreso if he can do it without ripping Chinchou.

Is THAT what look he's going for? I can see a powdered wig and specs now that you mention it. Curious to see what the canon is now.

I don't use them, but I've seen them used once. For me, it's a lot like fighting the fleeing legendaries, eventually, you will kill rhem, its just a matter of putting up with the constant switching. Course, that was the most annoying part about fighting Elesa, too was all the volt switching going on. Seems like a brokennthing to do with fake out though.

Last edited:

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Huh, homepage is hinting at another Eeveelution. Which is exactly what weDON'T need, although i wouldn't have minded a desert basis for totallynot biased reasons...

I think its ugly. Too much ribbon, not enough feline...

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Huh, homepage is hinting at another Eeveelution. Which is exactly what weDON'T need, although i wouldn't have minded a desert basis for totallynot biased reasons...

I think its ugly. Too much ribbon, not enough feline...

Yeah, confirmed as new eeveelution. I don't really mind, the only Eeveelution I use is Umbreon for it's massive stall potential (toxic plus protect and maybe substitute? Murders literally everything but a steel type). A lot of discussion in the spec threads lately as to its type, everything from normal (which plain doesn't make sense), bug, dragon and flying. Now that the name is revealed as Sylveon, I am strongly inclined to a flying type because Sylveon seems a lot like "sylph" which is commonly what a nymph of the air is referred to. And since it's name in other languages pertains to nymph... Yay, Feral's obsession with old myths and legends is finally useful for something!

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Yeah, confirmed as new eeveelution. I don't really mind, the only Eeveelution I use is Umbreon for it's massive stall potential (toxic plus protect and maybe substitute? Murders literally everything but a steel type). A lot of discussion in the spec threads lately as to its type, everything from normal (which plain doesn't make sense), bug, dragon and flying. Now that the name is revealed as Sylveon, I am strongly inclined to a flying type because Sylveon seems a lot like "sylph" which is commonly what a nymph of the air is referred to. And since it's name in other languages pertains to nymph... Yay, Feral's obsession with old myths and legends is finally useful for something!

From the multitude of attacks that it used during its battle, it could very easily be normal. I could see, though, that the ribbons could almost be a hint for flying, with them doubling as wings.

Firebrand

Indomitable
From the multitude of attacks that it used during its battle, it could very easily be normal. I could see, though, that the ribbons could almost be a hint for flying, with them doubling as wings.

Yeah, I'm in the flying type camp myself, especially since sylphs are elemental spirits of air. The attack looked a little like brave bird or sky attack to me. Trump card is a move all the eeveelutions learn, so I'm not putting much stock by it. Swift is also a fairly common move.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
So, what, you throw an Eevee off a cliff and hope it evolves (and doesn't kill you when it flies back up) or what? I really prefferred Eevee when thy were more related to surroundings...

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
So, what, you throw an Eevee off a cliff and hope it evolves (and doesn't kill you when it flies back up) or what? I really prefferred Eevee when thy were more related to surroundings...

Then if it does hit the ground, it becomes one with the earth, giving us a ground typed evolution!

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Then if it does hit the ground, it becomes one with the earth, giving us a ground typed evolution!

*Like*

Or, if the cliff's high enough, people could get their ghost type! Shedinja style!

So, in other news, finally brought myself to beat the e4. Bw2 is beated. Following that, i discovered somewhat by accident what a mix tournement is... Old news to some of you perhaps, but news to me. I'm trying to decide if beating it with my gym team (in doubles) is a good thing, in that I know my own weaknesses and can juggle a random variable, or if its a sign my team cn be picked a part too easily. I'm thinking the former, but dunno. On the downside, been playing with Triples format, and while we can get through the Driftveil tourneys alright, the leaders are a bit harder. Or, maybe its just Drayden that's the problem...

Following that, i'm debating whether or not i want to make the G6 char an entirely new chRacter to my little head cannon. If I did so, that would mean Glover's gym team stops at G5, which would be a problem. (I could still send them forward, but the trainer wouldn't be Glover, and quite possibly not male...) like any of us are doing a lot of gym matches right now anyways. (YesJohn, i know you've asked on the Fb page for mTches, but throwing a dart at the wind and hoping one of us is available doesn't quite work. Sorry 'bout that.)

And finally, for those of you who have faced me in previous matches, I'm semi-retiring Zaprong. Mostly, because I have a flying squirrel and i really want a Bullwinkle to go with my Rocky. Jury's still out on whether he'll be a Zebstrika or Zaprong's Protoge'

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Following that, i'm debating whether or not i want to make the G6 char an entirely new chRacter to my little head cannon. If I did so, that would mean Glover's gym team stops at G5, which would be a problem. (I could still send them forward, but the trainer wouldn't be Glover, and quite possibly not male...)

Yeah, I was thinking about using Cole's daughter Miranda as my PC if I actually get a 3DS and X or Y (which is entirely dependent on how much money I can make working this summer and how much my textbooks next semester cost). I used her in my Diamond Nuzlocke recently, and though I haven't beaten the elite four yet, I'm already planning about maybe kinda making a fic about the playthrough, and the death toll thus far is just the right ratio to drive her out of Sinnoh in the end without driving her down... well, the road Cole nearly went down back in HP. I could see that being kinda fun.

Wartiger97

The Forester
Hey y'all, due to me not being able to get on the forums as much as I want... Here's my email to get in contact with me about gym/friendly battles its wartiger97@gmail.com drop me a quick message and I'll get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.