• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-Competitive White Team

Utahraptor

Fossil Trainer
This is my first time posting up a team for rating, so just let me know if I've made any formatting errors so that I can promptly fix them.

Background Info: I am not a competitive battler, and chances are, I never will be. This means that I have no idea how to use/calculate EVs, nor do I have the patience for breeding. I always tend to favor offensive movesets, and rarely use non-attack moves, but I'm open to any suggestions on vital support moves. For this team, I'm not really certain on the best natures, so if any suggestions could be made, that would be great. Also, at this point I'm leaving the 6th slot in my team open for the HM slave.

Without further ado, my tenative team:

Daikenki @?
Ability: Torrent
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Revenge
-Aerial Ace (?)

Why: I'm a sucker for keeping the starter on the team, probably my sentimental side. I'm not 100% certain on the last move slot, but I didn't want to fill it with another water move. As for the item, I'm not really familiar with the items in B/W, so I figure I'll wait until I get the game to figure that out.

Archeos @?
Ability: Faint Hearted
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Rockslide

Why: I love this pokemon, just it's looks and it's typing made me want it on my team. I think I covered a lot of different types with this set. Earthquake is there to take down any electric types, Rockslide for flying and fire types, Fly for the fighting, bug, and grass types, and dragon claw as a relatively strong filler move. With Archeos' good attack stat, I figured that this would work pretty well.

Zuruzukin @?
Ability: Overconfidence
-Crunch
-Brick Break
-High Jump Kick
-Dig/Ankle Sweep

Why: I wanted to have a fighting type that would be able to take out Steel and Rock types. The fact that it is also a Dark type makes it even better in my book, giving it a useful Psychic immunity. I'm not certain what the last move should be.

Sazandora @?
Ability: Levitate
-Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
-Crunch
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Rush

Why: I wanted to have a dragon type of some sort on my team. Even though it appears later in the game, I am willing to level it up before taking on the Elite 4. I would plan on using Dragon Pulse until I can find the move tutor that teaches Draco Meteor.

Urugamosu @?
Ability: Flame Body
-Bug Buzz
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Aerial Ace

Why: Again, even though this pokemon appears later in the game, I am willing to take the time to level it up before taking on the Elite 4. I'm not sure what to put down for the last move, but I've placed Aerial Ace there for the time being.

Edit: Here are three potential Pokemon that I would use for the 6th slot in place of my HM slave

Kojondo @?
Ability: Regeneration
-Drain Punch
-Rock Slide
-U-Turn
-Jump Kick

Why: This is mainly to have another member of the team that is somewhat resistant to fighting types. I added in U-Turn to take care of any Psychic types, and Rock Slide as a counter to flying types. Drain Punch seems like a good recovery move, while also afflicting damage. Jump Kick is mainly a filler, but also a good STAB move.

Shandera @?
Ability Flash Fire/Flame Body
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower
-Psychic

Why: Shandera's Special Attack is obnoxious. I figured that adding Calm Mind to the mix would just make it all the more lethal. Shadow Ball and Flamethrower act as STAB, while Psychic takes care of any fighting types, a weakness in my overall team. I'm torn as to which ability it should have.

Oobemu @?
Ability: Telepathy
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

Why: While it's special attack is less than Shandera's, it's still pretty good. Calm Mind again to boost special attack, Psychic for STAB, Shadow Ball to take care of any ghost types, and Energy Ball as a filler.

Well, that's my tenative team, any critiques and suggestions are more than welcome. I've noticed that the team seems to have a weakness to fighting types, so any suggestions on how to counter that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Aurath8

This is my first time posting up a team for rating, so just let me know if I've made any formatting errors so that I can promptly fix them.

Background Info: I am not a competitive battler, and chances are, I never will be. This means that I have no idea how to use/calculate EVs, nor do I have the patience for breeding. I always tend to favor offensive movesets, and rarely use non-attack moves, but I'm open to any suggestions on vital support moves. For this team, I'm not really certain on the best natures, so if any suggestions could be made, that would be great. Also, at this point I'm leaving the 6th slot in my team open for the HM slave.

Without further ado, my tenative team:

Daikenki @?
Ability: Torrent
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Revenge
-Megahorn

Why: I'm a sucker for keeping the starter on the team, probably my sentimental side. I'm not 100% certain on the last move slot, but I didn't want to fill it with another water move. As for the item, I'm not really familiar with the items in B/W, so I figure I'll wait until I get the game to figure that out.

Megahorn should be used on almost all pokemon that learn it.

Archeos @?
Ability: Faint Hearted
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Rockslide

Why: I love this pokemon, just it's looks and it's typing made me want it on my team. I think I covered a lot of different types with this set. Earthquake is there to take down any electric types, Rockslide for flying and fire types, Fly for the fighting, bug, and grass types, and dragon claw as a relatively strong filler move. With Archeos' good attack stat, I figured that this would work pretty well.

Fine.

Zuruzukin @?
Ability: Overconfidence
-Crunch
-Bulk up
-High Jump Kick
-Stone Edge

Why: I wanted to have a fighting type that would be able to take out Steel and Rock types. The fact that it is also a Dark type makes it even better in my book, giving it a useful Psychic immunity. I'm not certain what the last move should be.

Bulk Up boosts a rather mediocre attack stat to acceptable levels. Stone Edge is a move all fighting types got that allowed them to take out flying types.

Sazandora @?
Ability: Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse/Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Surf

Why: I wanted to have a dragon type of some sort on my team. Even though it appears later in the game, I am willing to level it up before taking on the Elite 4. I would plan on using Dragon Pulse until I can find the move tutor that teaches Draco Meteor.

Firstly it evolves into it's final form at lvl 64. The elite 4's levels are 50ish. Just a thought.
Dragon Pulse is almost essential. Dark pulse gives a dark type STAB but Draco Meteor can annihlate a pokemon in one shot. Surf hits all steels netrally except Empoleon and Nattorei so it's a good idea to use it.

Urugamosu @?
Ability: Flame Body
-Bug Buzz
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Butterfly Dance

Why: Again, even though this pokemon appears later in the game, I am willing to take the time to level it up before taking on the Elite 4. I'm not sure what to put down for the last move, but I've placed Aerial Ace there for the time being.

Urugamosu evolves at 59 and is received as an egg. Lucky egg allows you to raise it that far in a day. but again, the elite 4 is only lvl 48ish.
Butterfly Dance raises it's three best stats, it's ideal for this guy.

Well, that's my tenative team, any critiques and suggestions are more than welcome. I've noticed that the team seems to have a weakness to fighting types, so any suggestions on how to counter that would be greatly appreciated.

I do suggest using a sixth pokemon and switch it for your HM slave when needed.

If you want to get rid of Aerial Ace on Daikenki, I would reccomend teaching it megahorn. 120 Base Power and hitting Caitlin's pokemon real hard is helpful.

I wouldn't reccomend Archeos, he's useless at half HP, which you'll get alot. You'll find yourself blowing away your money on items to keep him healthy. I would reccomend you use Kenhorou, since you can get it early in the game. I would use Return, Steel Wing, Shadow Claw and Aerial Ace or Sky Attack if you don't fear being KO'd. Give it Super Luck.

Zuruzukin is good, but I would reccomend Bulk Up and Stone Edge on there someplace. Boosts his attack and big defenses even higher.

Sazandora should have surf and Draco Meteor. It boosts his ability to hit the opponent for high damage.

Urgamosu=Yes. It's perfect right there.

I could say use Archeos as an HM Slave. Strength, Fly, Rock Smash and Cut. 4 HMs you'll find yourself needing constantly. Sazandora has surf, so you won't need to teach it that.

Utahraptor

Fossil Trainer
I do suggest using a sixth pokemon and switch it for your HM slave when needed.

I was planning on using either Shandera or Kojondo as another option for the 6th slot, mainly so I have something else that can stand up against fighting types. I'll edit the first post with their possible info.

As far as the levels go, I plan on doing a lot of level grinding. Mainly because I want to end the game with those pokes, even though it will make N and the Elite 4 really easy. If not, I'll just use their first or second forms.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions, though. I wouldn't have thought of that moveset for Zuruzukin, but it seems to be the best way to go.

I wouldn't reccomend Archeos, he's useless at half HP, which you'll get alot. You'll find yourself blowing away your money on items to keep him healthy. I would reccomend you use Kenhorou, since you can get it early in the game. I would use Return, Steel Wing, Shadow Claw and Aerial Ace or Sky Attack if you don't fear being KO'd. Give it Super Luck.

I could say use Archeos as an HM Slave. Strength, Fly, Rock Smash and Cut. 4 HMs you'll find yourself needing constantly. Sazandora has surf, so you won't need to teach it that.

I have been debating on swapping out Archeos with another, if only to prevent having three of my team weak against fighting. I've heard mixed reviews on Kenhorou, although your suggestion does seem sound. I'll be sure to consider it.

DeathSDelano

^ You can also use Shinpora for a Flying Type: its a Psychic/Flying Special Attacker
Its weakness are: Eletric, Ice, rock, Ghost, and Dark
Resistances: Grass, Fighting(x4), and psychic
immunities: Ground

A)you can get it in resort desert
B)Sp. Def is higher than kenhorou, slightly faster than kenhorou, but it has less HP than kenhorou
C) Has a decent Special Attack Move pool if you factor in TMs
D) can learn Calm mind to boost its power or if you want more bulk on it Cosimc Power
E) has the ability Magic Guard(which protects it from all not attack damage such weather damage, leech seed, etc)

This is a moveset i just threw together that maybe of use to Shinpora
Special Sweeper:
Calm Mind : Bonus your SP. Atk n Sp. Def
Air Slash(Stab)
Energy ball : Coverage against Rock-Types
Shadow ball/ice beam (your preference here)

GreenGrass

Make Archeos's item a Sitrus Berry. It'll help hold off the effects of Faint Hearted.

If you're giving your Sazandora Draco Meteor, then replace one of its other attacks with a physical attack, so you have something to fall back on when your Sp. Atk falls too steeply.

And I agree that you should give Daikenki Megahorn for its last move. Not only is it a great move, but it also covers Daikenki's weakness to Grass.