• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-filler SM Episode List

ShadowForce720

If next week's episode doesn't have any sort of character development or backstory for Sophoceles could it be the first filler one?

I think that entirely depends on what happens in that episode, but I do think it will probably give Sophoceles and Togedemaru character development or a backstory, in fact I could easily see a case where when Ash and Sophoceles get separated from their pokemon and stuck behind that door to where there arguing that after they stop arguing and both of them calm down that Sophoceles will probably explain how he met Togedemaru.

So I think there is a good chance that episode 6 probably won't be filler.

ShadowForce720

Judging by the preview and the summary of the episode, I say it most likely going to be filler.

Then again I'm pretty sure some people were thinking and saying the same thing about episode 5, and we saw how that turned out. So I think it's too early to just say that it's most likely filler as it could easily wind up not being filler, especially since given how they handle episode 5 I think it's more likely that episode 6 won't be filler.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'll be disappointed if it is filler and would hope that he gets some sort of development soon, rather than get neglected and have his background shoved in last minute.

I'm hoping they'll bond over Electric Pokemon while being locked in. So non-essential non-filler again, hopefully :)

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Episode 5 is indeed a filler. We had a vague five second backstory and no development or plot advancement...

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
They need to focus on the main quest as soon as possible. A bunch of character introduction episodes with fillers afterwards would be horrible.

If there's no traveling aspect in there and no actual plot before the first grand event, then they should already bring Ash first trial to the table or at least start Lillie's plot.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Is there even going to be a main quest? Half the trial captains are here not being captains.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
No filler as of now. Maybe Zing Zap will be a filler, if it's just: "Pikachu and Toga got separated, TR attacks. Bewar comes and takes them away"

Janovy

Banned
Is there even going to be a main quest? Half the trial captains are here not being captains.
They clearly have their captain symbols on them. They are either captains now or going to be captains.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Is the general consensus of SM06 being filler agreed upon or denied? If it is truly filler, then is it an enjoyable filler?

phanpycross

God-king
Is the general consensus of SM06 being filler agreed upon or denied? If it is truly filler, then is it an enjoyable filler?
Yeah, it doesnt really add anything to make it essential or even non-filler.

As for enjoyable, Ive watched it four times just today, but Im clearly in the minority.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I mean, if you really want to grab at straws, then we learn Togedemaru is female and Sophocles enjoys anaylzing data (and Ash would not survive by himself).

But I feel like you could skip it and not miss much, if anything.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
U.N Owen said:

If your definition of filler includes episodes that focus on main characters but do not advance the story, then both SM05 and SM06 are filler. However, if you don't consider episodes that focus on main characters, regardless of whether or not they advance the story, to be filler, then neither of those episodes are filler.

Personally, I consider SM05 and SM06 to be self-contained episodes (in the sense that you can skip them and not miss much), but not filler, since we did learn more about Lana and Popplio and Sophocles and Togedemaru.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Yeah, it doesnt really add anything to make it essential or even non-filler.

As for enjoyable, Ive watched it four times just today, but Im clearly in the minority.

lol nah, i enjoyed it as well. it's fun seeing the interactions between ash/sophocles and pikachu/togedemaru. plus ash doing house work was hilarious xD.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
General consensus is that we have:

3 of 5 people for enjoyable filler. I'll be editing the post now.

Red and Blue

So while Litten wasn't caught, I wouldn't consider episode 7 filler. We got some bonding between Ash and Litten and we found out Litten's situation with Stoutland.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I would call it non-filler. We delved into Litten's backstory, which would be crucial if Ash ends up catching it.
That said...he hasn't caught it yet so until he actually captures it, I would personally leave a dangling question mark up until he catches it, but that's just me.