• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-filler SM Episode List

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I would call it non-filler. We delved into Litten's backstory, which would be crucial if Ash ends up catching it.
That said...he hasn't caught it yet so until he actually captures it, I would personally leave a dangling question mark up until he catches it, but that's just me.

Knowing the show, we'll probably get a little flashback moment once that becomes important - meaning that you don't need to have seen this episode to understand the situation. Therefore, I'm pretty much on board with non-essential non-filler.

Janovy

Banned
Another non-essential non-filler.

I want to call it a pure non-filler, but the fact is that there are enough changes here for it NOT to be a filler, but not enough for it to be a pure non-filler.

In any case, it is the starting point for the Ash and Litten relationship and fleshes out Litten considerably. Far from being a throwaway episode.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Forgot to say this, but the list was updated yesterday with Non-Essential Non-Filler being the verdict.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Episode 8 was non-filler. Development of Lillie's fear, background info, egg obtained, Lusamine/Gladion confirmed. Too much not to be a filler.

I'm more tempted to say essential-non filler because the egg was introduced.

Janovy

Banned
Episode 8 was non-filler. Development of Lillie's fear, background info, egg obtained, Lusamine/Gladion confirmed. Too much not to be a filler.

I'm more tempted to say essential-non filler because the egg was introduced.
Indeed. The egg alone makes this a pure non-filler, but all the other stuff is just sweet bonus. :D

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The egg makes today's episode non filler

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The only pure filler episode of the SM anime so far was really poor in my opinion. Full of slapstick comedy's and more specifically, Ash was used as a character to portray the slapstick. There was hardly any character progression in that episode.

Navin

MALDREAD
I'm inclined to say that Episode 7 is an essential episode. These are development episodes, and the next Litten-based episode will highly likely build upon the previous bonding Ash/Litten had in SM007.

Even SM005 is pretty important, since you learn about Lana's goal, backstory with Popplio, family, progression in the balloon 'goal', etc. That's more essential than a lot of other non-essential non-fillers, which may be something that can be skipped like "X Pokemon reveals Y move".

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
Basically if you remove the episode entirely does it affect the narrative at all? In the case of the Litten and Lana episodes I'd say yes so it's best to leave it

Everything12

Basically if you remove the episode entirely does it affect the narrative at all? In the case of the Litten and Lana episodes I'd say yes so it's best to leave it

It really depends on future episodes and if they refer to events only revealed in these episodes, for example a future episode might reference Lana's dream but not expanding on what it the dream involves expecting the watcher to have seen episode 5.

Navin

MALDREAD

These type of Non-Filler lists undergo a lot of revision as a series progresses. It may not have been apparent, but I had to do a lot of edits in the XY series thread. Is it possible that Lana's goal and backstory are never referenced again? Possibly. However, typically, this isn't the case. Particularly for Litten, I highly doubt that the bonding experience and Stoutland from this recent episode aren't going to be revisited. So I'd put it in essential in anticipation of that. Probably one of the very few times I had to straight up remove an episode from essential were the two Malamar episodes, since XY weirdly abandoned that storyline altogether. Maybe Lana's can stay put, but personally, I'd be putting Litten's under essential.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Hey guys, I'm like 95% sure SM009 is filler.

Janovy

Banned

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Sometimes I forget sarcasm doesn't fly on the internet...

Well then you should've mentioned that you were joking. I was confused. Anyway SM009 is pure non-filler.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I was joking as well....lol

Indeed...

Case in point lol, I'm just a prime example xD

But like yeah, SM009 is non-filler. Essential non-filler at that.