• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-filler SM Episode List

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
SM013 is essential non-filler.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I can't believe Vulpix hatched in this episode lol, pretty much saved the episode from being a filler.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I can't believe Vulpix hatched in this episode lol, pretty much saved the episode from being a filler.

So what...only one 'filler' episode (SM006) so far (and even that can be debated, maybe the Litten episode too)?

Janovy

Banned
So what...only one 'filler' episode (SM006) so far (and even that can be debated, maybe the Litten episode too)?
I'm not complaining, merely observing. :D

It's a pleasant surprise.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Actually SM013 could be filler...if SM014 shows the egg hatching

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Actually SM013 could be filler...if SM014 shows the egg hatching

But the egg has already hatched in this episode, so I think SM013 can't be considered filler.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
But the egg has already hatched in this episode, so I think SM013 can't be considered filler.

My point is if SM014 shows the egg hatching, flashback, real time, whatever, then you don't need to see SM013 to know the egg hatched, since SM014 will show you

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
My point is if SM014 shows the egg hatching, flashback, real time, whatever, then you don't need to see SM013 to know the egg hatched, since SM014 will show you

I'm not sure if an episode can be considered filler for this reason. Even in that case, SM013 would the the first episode to show the egg hatching.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
SM013 is essential non-filler.

I hope you're using the word essential in a different way because 40 seconds wouldn't justify me telling someone to watch the whole episode. Not to mention you could just skip this episode and watch the next episode which is basically picking up from where it ended. You wouldn't really miss anything. If they show the egg hatching again in the next episode then that just seals it...

It's pretty much the same situation as the Binacle episode, they don't really deserve to be non-filler but they are by definition.

Shotgunrain

For me, I'd classify today's episode as non-essential non-filler. You can pretty much skip it and just watch SM014 which will focus on Vulpix and Lillie in more detail. But technically, SM013 is a non-filler. Whether it is essential or not is up to the viewers themselves.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
SM014 is pretty much essential, what with Lillie catching Vulpix, progressing with her fear, Kanto egg hatching, etc etc

I'm inclined to say SM013 is now filler since SM014 did quickly recap the egg hatching, but that's me.

Janovy

Banned
I agree that SM013 is now pure filler. Sucks, but, it happens.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
At least it's entertaining and better than the COTD/Team Rocket fillers

I kinda hope it's revisited in a year (dat in universe coninuity) and Lillie get's to take part this time.

Janovy

Banned
I guess we can mark SM15 as another essential non-filler thanks to the confirmation that Ash gets Rockruff.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I guess we can mark SM15 as another essential non-filler thanks to the confirmation that Ash gets Rockruff.

I honestly prefer this list be updated as they air.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
essential non-filler for today's episode. although i guess it was kinda obvious for a while.

Derp.

I'm trying to take a look at the list at the moment as a checklist for when the "second stage" of the series is set to begin. I mean we can all agree that there were plenty of hints towards Ash getting Rockruff from Kukui and that SM7 and SM16 will advance the Litten-plot, which will end up with Ash capturing it. So. What is still necessary?

- SM1: Introduction of Alola, School-location and castmembers, Team Skull and beginning of the Tapu Koko-plot.
- SM2: Continuation of the Tapu Koko-plot, Explanation of Z-power. Start of hints for Rockruff's capture.
- SM3: Introduction of Team Rocket, Capture of Mimikyu, Introduction of RotomDex, Continuation of hints for Rockruff's capture.
- SM4: Rowlet-capture.
- SM5: Lana-episode.
- SM6: Sophocles-episode.
- SM7: Development of the Litten-plot.
- SM8: Beginning of the Lillie/Egg-plot.
- SM9: Explanation of Quest/Totem-episode.
- SM10: Explanation of Grand Trials/GT-episode, continuation of the Tapu Koko-plot.
- SM11: Kiawe-episode, Team Skull returns.
- SM12: Team Rocket-episode.
- SM13: Filler, aside from the hatching of the egg. I don't think this episode was necessary at this point at all.
- SM14: Conclusion of the Lillie/Egg-plot.
- SM15: Capture of Rockroff, Conclusion of the "Rockruff"-bonding hints/transition.
- SM16: Continuation of the Litten-plot.

Basically: Mallow and RotomDex need their own episodes post-introduction (SM17/SM18), Tapu Koko-plot needs to go somewhere (SM19), Team Skull needs to return/show us that there's a bigger picture and finally: Litten needs to be caught.

So, out of all the things that we still need to get out of the "introductionary phase", we only need Team Skull to appear in a more constructive episode for them (introduction of Plumeria) and Litten needs to be caught. Heck, both of these last two points could happen in SM20 if they work the storylines (or lack of with regards to Team Skull) together.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
SM016 was filler. Could be argued as non-filler because of starter Pokemon interactions but I'd personally put it as filler (highly recommended though).

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Derp.

I'm trying to take a look at the list at the moment as a checklist for when the "second stage" of the series is set to begin. I mean we can all agree that there were plenty of hints towards Ash getting Rockruff from Kukui and that SM7 and SM16 will advance the Litten-plot, which will end up with Ash capturing it. So. What is still necessary?

- SM1: Introduction of Alola, School-location and castmembers, Team Skull and beginning of the Tapu Koko-plot.
- SM2: Continuation of the Tapu Koko-plot, Explanation of Z-power. Start of hints for Rockruff's capture.
- SM3: Introduction of Team Rocket, Capture of Mimikyu, Introduction of RotomDex, Continuation of hints for Rockruff's capture.
- SM4: Rowlet-capture.
- SM5: Lana-episode.
- SM6: Sophocles-episode.
- SM7: Development of the Litten-plot.
- SM8: Beginning of the Lillie/Egg-plot.
- SM9: Explanation of Quest/Totem-episode.
- SM10: Explanation of Grand Trials/GT-episode, continuation of the Tapu Koko-plot.
- SM11: Kiawe-episode, Team Skull returns.
- SM12: Team Rocket-episode.
- SM13: Filler, aside from the hatching of the egg. I don't think this episode was necessary at this point at all.
- SM14: Conclusion of the Lillie/Egg-plot.
- SM15: Capture of Rockroff, Conclusion of the "Rockruff"-bonding hints/transition.
- SM16: Continuation of the Litten-plot.

Basically: Mallow and RotomDex need their own episodes post-introduction (SM17/SM18), Tapu Koko-plot needs to go somewhere (SM19), Team Skull needs to return/show us that there's a bigger picture and finally: Litten needs to be caught.

So, out of all the things that we still need to get out of the "introductionary phase", we only need Team Skull to appear in a more constructive episode for them (introduction of Plumeria) and Litten needs to be caught. Heck, both of these last two points could happen in SM20 if they work the storylines (or lack of with regards to Team Skull) together.
Nice post, but I'd personally add the introduction of Gladion, as well (or possibly introduce him instead of Plumeria when you mention a Team Skull focused episode). That could also potentially start the Aether Foundation plot.