• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-filler SM Episode List

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Is it just me or did we not have any filler episodes so far? If there is none so far, then S&M might be the best one yet regarding the least amount of fillers we had in the series. If we had any filler episodes, how many was there?

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Is it just me or did we not have any filler episodes so far? If there is none so far, then S&M might be the best one yet regarding the least amount of fillers we had in the series. If we had any filler episodes, how many was there?

I'd say we've had 8 filler episodes so far. Episode 6, 13, 16, 17, 20, 22, 23, 24.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'd say we've had 8 filler episodes so far. Episode 6, 13, 16, 17, 20, 22, 23, 24.
Litten masters Fire Fang in 22. I wouldn't call it filler.

The rest, I agree with.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate

To me, it feels like in order for an episode to be a filler, no significant events would have happened in the episodes. I definitely see SM6 as one of the only filler episodes because there was not any significant event happening. SM 16 revealed one of Popplio's moves. SM 17 and SM 23 saw the Rotomdex adding more functions (can definitely see why these would be counted as filler though). SM 24 is a filler, although you could count Ash's Mom visiting as an important event for continuity. SM 22 revealed a mastered move. SM 13 and SM 20 revealed important events around the end of those episodes.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
To me, it feels like in order for an episode to be a filler, no significant events would have happened in the series. I definitely see SM6 as one of the only filler episodes because there was not any significant event happening. SM 16 revealed one of Popplio's moves. SM 17 and SM 23 saw the Rotomdex adding more functions (can definitely see why these would be counted as filler though). SM 24 is a filler, although you could count Ash's Mom visiting as an important event for continuity. SM 22 revealed a mastered move. SM 13 and SM 20 revealed important events around the end of those episodes.

I personally don't think having a few seconds of important events will suddenly change an episode from filler to non filler like episodes 13. If not we'd be calling the binacle episode from XYZ as non filler due a few seconds of Z2. Episode 20, I sort of agree, but still other catching a glimpse of tapu lele, it's still a pretty unimportant episode.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I personally don't think having a few seconds of important events will suddenly change an episode from filler to non filler like episodes 13. If not we'd be calling the binacle episode from XYZ as non filler due a few seconds of Z2. Episode 20, I sort of agree, but still other catching a glimpse of tapu lele, it's still a pretty unimportant episode.

Okay, I see what you mean. By going through this list, only 32% of the episodes aired so far were fillers. That's not too bad.

LoveChikorita

I'd say that Rotomdex gaining new functions would constitute as new moves in a way. The list reflects that. Now, I'm off to go watch today's episode because I've finally fixed my internet problem.

I agree. I would count Episode 24 as a non-essential non-filler because of rotom revealing his new function. And the functions are like learnings moves.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
SM026 is essential lol

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Yeah SM026 is essential sadly just because of Charjabug capture. Honestly thought the rest of the episode was pretty meh tbh.

I find it hilarious because right up until yesterday people thought the cast would shrink when actually it grew.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Gladion debut. Not filler. List updated. yada yada yada.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It's considered a filler, just not a user-recommended one.

Ahem, I hereby ultra - recommend watching SM024, even if it's just filler. Delia and her interactions with Litten were adorable and awesome. I'm just guessing this is how you recommend something.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Today's episode was a filler. It was a pretty fun filler, but nothing I would recommend.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
My problem with recommended fillers is that its entirely subjective as a concept as what may be enjoyable for somebody may be a complete waste of time for somebody else.

and yeah SM028 is filler

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I know, but even good fillers usually contain elements that most people fund enjoyable. For me, a good filler constitutes or contains one or more of the following:
- Is not a CotD filler
- If there is a CotD, then they have to be entertaining or deviate from the standard formula somehow
- Some focus for one of the side characters (backstory, goal, etc.)
- Pairing together two or more characters that we rarely get to see together (seriously, SM could be amazing at this type of episode)
- A good battle
- Some wacky, off-the-wall plot (think a lot of OS fillers like "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak" or "The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis," both of which are examples of good filler IMO btw)

I know my opinion is not universal, but I think most would agree with those criteria.

As an example, I am currently rewatching the anime and am currently at the end of the Johto Journeys season.Johto Journeys has many fillers, but I've only seen six that I would recommend: "The Little Big Horn" (Brock development), "Ignorance is Blissey" (fairly emotional episode with Jessie backstory), "The Superhero Secret" (entertaining CotD, deviates from the typical CotD plot for the most part), "Wired for Battle" (features a battle that's better than pretty much every battle shown in SM so far except for Ash vs. Hala), "Forest Grumps" (pairs two or more characters that we rarely get to see paired together), and "The Fortune Hunters" (not a CotD filler, we get to see Butch and Cassidy again which is always good, James in the Moltres costume is one of the entertaining things in the entire anime). That's it.

As for SM, the only really good filler is the Tiny Trio episode IMO. The rest have been decent to meh.

Red and Blue

So episode 29 was filler then? No captures, new moves, or character exploration

Janovy

Banned
So episode 29 was filler then? No captures, new moves, or character exploration
The only character exploration is:

- Lillie's first camping trip.
- Lana is into scaring the crap out of people with stories.

So yeah, not much. xD