• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-Kanto Pokemon in FRLG?

Moonlight.

While I do appreciate that Gamefreak wanted to recreate the original experience in FRLG, I always frustrated me that the Dex was locked to the first 151 until the post-game.

Was an exploit ever discovered that allowed you to trade Johto and Hoenn Pokémon over before the Elite 4?

I just think being able to play through Kanto with new Pokémon would breathe new life into the game. Especially considering LGP/E's exclusion of newer Pokémon as well.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think if you traded wit(a copy that has unlocked the newer Pokémon then you could. They get Dex numbers as ???

Yureishi

I remember it was not possible, even through trading. Only post-league and after having registered on the Pokédex a certain number of entries; it was around 70 different Pokémon, if I'm not wrong.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The limitation made sense though since the whole point of the Kanto remakes was to experience Gen I again. The post-game easing up on that was a nice compromise at least.