• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-Meta Bulky Baton Pass?!... I Think Yes

iwhyte8921

Most Amazing Trainer
EP655_Ninjask_de_Paul_usando_Cortefuria.png

Usain (Ninjask) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass

The king of Baton Pass. For some reason this is NU? why? this thing has the ability to pass +3 speed, +2 attack to any pokemon. Even if you aren't able to get a swords dance off you can still easily substitute spam to get +4 speed which to scizor makes it almost unbeatable. The only thing stopping him is stealth rock, but thank god this team has espeon magic bounce and a spinner! After testing I found that this thing has extreme late game sweep potential, as long the opponent has no steel types your x-scissor will completely destroy anything after a swords dance. The main receivers off his baton pass is scizor. But passing to metagross could be a huge bonus. since metagross only needs the speed to threaten a whole team!

Espeon.gif
ThatsSoRaven (Espeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Stored Power

This pokemon is my other baton passer. except this passes to all of my special attackers. espeon might not pass speed but a few calm mind passes can be extremely helpful. starmie is a good reciever. with his amazing speed all it needs is a little more power to do some serious damage. The main reciever though is metagross... this thing... a special attacking set is so unpredicted the opponent doesnt have any counters b/c they dont know what it is running. Also the metagross has its ev's in hp and def so it is setup to recieve spd and spa boosts. once it has just 1 calm mind boost passed to it its stats read: 364 hp, 394 def, 339 spA, 324 spD. then with 2 calm mind boosts it gets 400+ spA and spD. with that it will just tank your opponent. Even if it cant pass espeon has the ability to completely trash your opponent with stored power!

images

Xbox360 (Metagross) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

I explained the whole baton passing ability from espeon. Though that is extremely helpful it really doesn't need it. This set throws your opponent off so much! Ferrothorn is the common switch in on metagross, but in this case ferrothorn is bad. It's hp fire takes 2/3 of ferrothorn at full hp. which leaves your opponent with an awkward situation. With great coverage this thing can be a real threat to an opponent not knowing how to handle it.

salamence_2.jpg

Blue-Eyes (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

This is the most ferocious scarfer in OU. with the unresisted coverage and almost unbeatable speed with a scarf this is scary to face. 405 attack STAB outrage will ohko almost all the metagame bar steel types which fire blast and equake will wreak. as long as you predict right your opponent will have no answer to this.

1263014-2up.png

Fiskars (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor scizor scizor... probably the most overused pokemon in OU. for a good reason. This set looks odd at first b/c no bullet punch and no roost, but this set aims at getting speed from ninjask. with two speed boosts this will outspeed every pokemon except fast scarfers. with great coverage and powerful moves this can be very very threatening.

Starmie_CPS_by_Astricon.jpg

Patrick (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Rapid spin... thats all this pokemon is used for. to support ninjask you need no rocks attempting to ruin ninjask. mainly this is used for rapid spin but with a calm mind boost from espeon its special attack hits sky high levels. with amazing speed to start with and a very high spD stat after a calm mind boost this can be something very difficult to handle.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
For a team that is anti meta, it seems pretty standard to me.

The biggest possible problem I see is a repetition in types/ type weakness. You hav 3 pokes weak to fire and 3 psychics. You may wan to adjust that, but if your comfortable with it that's fine to

Moog2

Must stay awake...
I tend to use Ninjask with Protect and forfeit an attacking move altogether. You can actually max its speed easily like that. And consider giving it a berry instead of Leftovers; I mean one of those berries that raises a stat one level when you're health goes down. Which it will from substitute. Even more to pass on.

This team uses lots of common pokes in OU...so not non-meta.

Bullet Punch>Iron Head on Scizor, Technician boost and priority.

Metagross @Air Balloon/Leftovers
Clear Body
Adamant
252 HP 252 Atk 4 Speed
-Stealth Rock
-Bullet Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt

I've never seen anyone use a special Metagross competitvely. Rocks could help your team a lot. Meteor Mash or Zen Headbutt is your preference.

iwhyte8921

Most Amazing Trainer
This team is non-meta because not that many people use this combination of pokemon...
Also, there is a reason i'm running a special metagross. After 1 calm mind bosst it is pretty much unstoppable.

ZigzagGama

The Ultimate Steal
I don't know how set you are on these pokes, but I would always give Espeon psychic considering its SAT, while Metagross is better off a physical poke. As for Starmie, I would suggest a set involving cosmic power + recover (one of my personal favorite combos)

As noted by others, you don't have very defensively strong baton passers and you have a couple of major weaknesses throughout your team. Perhaps a baton passing Gorbyss with shell break + white herb? (I don't know if your trying a particular category of pokes, but I'm just giving advice for any kind of team. I hope this proves useful :). )